PDA

View Full Version : Gary Johnson to speak at SRLC 2010 too

JohnEngland
03-24-2010, 11:54 AM
It's on the homepage now:

http://www.srlc2010.com/speakers_list/governor-gary-johnson/

This is going to be interesting. All the big names and (I suspect) likely 2012 candidates are going to be there!

With both Ron Paul and Gary Johnson attending, are they both planning presidential runs? Or will it be about spreading the liberty message? Hmm...

---------

EDIT: Oops! This should probably be posted in the SRLC forum - didn't realize it existed! :D

dr. hfn
03-24-2010, 12:46 PM
What about Tom Woods?! Judge Nap?!

MRoCkEd
04-09-2010, 04:04 PM
Ouch... they scheduled him last and most people left

http://img402.yfrog.com/img402/5505/q86d.jpg

Captain Bryan
04-09-2010, 05:03 PM
Poor Gary:(

speciallyblend
04-09-2010, 05:29 PM
actually poor gop. DO NOT WORRY THE GOP LEADERSHIP WILL ALIENATE THEMSELVES!! IF THEY CONTINUE TO IGNORE THE LIBERTY MOVEMENT!

Matt Collins
04-10-2010, 12:09 AM
Hmmm... I didn't know when he was speaking. I wasn't made very public

Sic Semper Tyrannis
04-10-2010, 12:19 AM
He walked off the stage to a quiet room in comparison to all the other speakers, it was a sad site, and a sad indicator of our country's future.

dr. hfn
04-10-2010, 12:22 AM
W.T.F. happened?!!?!?!?!?

Sic Semper Tyrannis
04-10-2010, 12:31 AM
W.T.F. happened?!!?!?!?!?

He courageously spoke the truth like Ron Paul. He brought up the war on drugs, and the wars in the Middle East.

JohnEngland
04-10-2010, 06:36 AM
But to be fair to the uniformed masses (we were all there once, too), why should they know who Gary Johnson is? He certainly hasn't been a very public figure since he left office.

The audience is there for the big, familiar names like Palin, Perry and Jindal. They don't have the time or patience to sit there for five hours listening to everyone.

HOWEVER! I believe that is changing. Johnson is making public appearances, going out to events (like this one), getting the name recognition improved. With time, the masses will come to know who he is (personally, I think he should have just shouted out to everyone, "Hey, I climbed Mount Everest!" Word would quickly spread :p).

Well anyway, I think if Johnson is going to run for 2012, he needs to be the first candidate to announce. The first will surely get big press attention and he, more than, say, Romney, will need that coverage.

Agorism
04-10-2010, 06:39 AM
Floor tickets are like 700 bucks no?

None of the Paul people are doing that except the guy who had the giant Ron Paul sign behind Sean Hannity.

He might have gotten his 700 bucks worth in that case though.

speciallyblend
04-10-2010, 06:44 AM
Ron Paul 2012, Gary 2016!!

yokna7
04-10-2010, 07:34 AM
I was looking over the list of speakers and with the exception of Ron Paul and Gary Johnson, it is a debacle. How many times do people need to see Sarah Palin speak before they realize she's a dolt? Pence = yuck, Jindal = yuck, Newt = double yuck.

I would of liked to see the Huckabee band, just so I could storm the stage and do a drum dive..

wgadget
04-10-2010, 08:32 AM
I posted this elsewhere, but it's a good article about the future of the Republican Party if they don't straighten up.

http://www.lewrockwell.com/north/north833.html

Badger Paul
04-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Johnson is like the rest of us, waiting to see what RP's plans are for 2012. If Paul decides not to run then people here will flock to Johnson. So long as RP is undecided, everything is in a holding pattern, including Johnson's bid for the White House.

speciallyblend
04-10-2010, 09:15 AM
Johnson is like the rest of us, waiting to see what RP's plans are for 2012. If Paul decides not to run then people here will flock to Johnson. So long as RP is undecided, everything is in a holding pattern, including Johnson's bid for the White House.

exactly if Ron Paul does not run. i cannot consciously vote for the failed gop establishment. I will encourage everyone to vote for anyone but a biggovgop Establishment republican! Reality in Colorado if a Republican is a Liberty Republican they have a strong chance to win. if they are the typical gop establishment republican. they will not win period!! until they get this thru their minds .the gop as is will not win as these biggovgop establishment candidates!!!

Slutter McGee
04-10-2010, 09:57 AM
I actually think it would be better to have Paul and Johnson up during a debate at the sametime. It is far easier to dismiss one person as kooky in a debate when others disagree with him than it is to dismiss 2 or even 3.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee

MRoCkEd
04-10-2010, 09:59 AM
I actually think it would be better to have Paul and Johnson up during a debate at the sametime. It is far easier to dismiss one person as kooky in a debate when others disagree with him than it is to dismiss 2 or even 3.

Sincerely,

Slutter McGee
Yeah and then Gary can drop out and endorse Ron before the primaries

RileyE104
04-10-2010, 10:17 AM
Yeah and then Gary can drop out and endorse Ron before the primaries

We should "stack" the candidates for 2012! :D

speciallyblend
04-10-2010, 10:35 AM
We should "stack" the candidates for 2012! :D

exactly;) the one thing i can tell you in Colorado, is the Tea Party Movement in Colorado is not hi-jacked or controlled by the failed gop establishment. The Liberty Tea Party in Colorado is run by Liberty-Minded Ron Paul Republican Supporters such as Bonnie Cannon, Carl Bruning, www.campaignforliberty.com (colorado) and many more supporters across our state like lil ole me kenny:)

the gop in co has one option left adopt our Liberty Message or be left behind!!! and we are not waiting for 2012 this we can promise!!

Imperial
04-10-2010, 03:38 PM
The SRLC poll has a vote for who your second pick is- perfect for the liberty-lovers who pull the lever first for Ron Paul. Second should easily then be Gary Johnson.