PDA

View Full Version : How Can We Get Ron Paul's Poll Numbers Up

Chester Copperpot
10-09-2007, 09:00 AM
After digesting all this talk about poll numbers and landlines, etc...

I think its reasonable to assume that there isnt much name recognition with perhaps OLDER people, older Republicans, people where the internet is not with their generation or so.

So how do we correct this?

It would seem to me that the meetup groups need to go into overdrive in addressing this situation.

Perhaps an idea would be for us to start attending events that are geared for the older folks. IM sure the Senior communities (for example) have various events from time to time where people could have a booth or speak to a group.

But maybe the easiest way to do is is go where THEY go. The retired people are always out and about in the morning during the week. Go to a supermarket 10am on a Tuesday - plenty of older people there. And perhaps LOOKING the part.. Dressing up in a shirt and tie. Give the people what they want. Look professional.

Could the answer be as simple as something like this?

Id appreciate any views on this.

ronpaulfan
10-09-2007, 09:02 AM
One major major issue old people have is Ron Paul's stance on entitlements. We have to come up with a great way to approach old people so they won't think Ron Paul will take away their Social Security checks. Any ideas?

uncloned21
10-09-2007, 09:03 AM
we could get some of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XO-1_(laptop)

and show them how to play mahjong online, theyll be hooked. (this is how i got my mother online)

then, introduce them to google. illustrate how it works by typing "Ron Paul". Walk away.

this was kind of joking, but something similar may actually work haha

EvilEngineer
10-09-2007, 09:04 AM
One way to bump the polls is to prevent the other side from voting. This has been used numerous times in the past... voter disenfranchisement anyone? Lol... I'm not being serious by the way... just joking around.

Chester Copperpot
10-09-2007, 09:05 AM
One major major issue old people have is Ron Paul's stance on entitlements. We have to come up with a great way to approach old people so they won't think Ron Paul will take away their Social Security checks. Any ideas?

Yes, thats simple.. He doesnt want to get rid of any old peoples' benefits.. He wants to cut govt spending to pay for it, while at the same time allowing younger people to opt out if they wish, because as we ALL KNOW (old people know this too) the system is not sustainable.

Chester Copperpot
10-09-2007, 09:06 AM
we could get some of these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XO-1_(laptop)

and show them how to play mahjong online, theyll be hooked. (this is how i got my mother online)

then, introduce them to google. illustrate how it works by typing "Ron Paul". Walk away.

this was kind of joking, but something similar may actually work haha

Yeah my mom has a mahjong club where she and my dad live too. heh

They might use AOL sometimes.. but internet people seniors are NOT. We need to stop thinking computers and internet to reach this segment and focus on old school paper.

micahnelson
10-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Ron Paul Believes Government Should Keep its promises.

The only way seniors and baby boomers are going to get social security is if we cut spending. Ron Paul is very serious about cutting spending. He also wants to phase out the program for the younger generation. Decreasing the money we hand out around the world will pay for the money we promised to seniors.

micahnelson
10-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Lets remember a few things. Ron Paul is a senior citizen, so honestly they should be able to relate to him on that level at least. He isn't a lawyer. He is a doctor, and we all know seniors love and trust doctors.

Where can we find old people! WHERE?

uncloned21
10-09-2007, 09:10 AM

Florida? And they know their vote counts!

Chester Copperpot
10-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Ron Paul Believes Government Should Keep its promises.

The only way seniors and baby boomers are going to get social security is if we cut spending. Ron Paul is very serious about cutting spending. He also wants to phase out the program for the younger generation. Decreasing the money we hand out around the world will pay for the money we promised to seniors.

Thats VERY good

Chester Copperpot
10-09-2007, 09:17 AM
Lets remember a few things. Ron Paul is a senior citizen, so honestly they should be able to relate to him on that level at least. He isn't a lawyer. He is a doctor, and we all know seniors love and trust doctors.

Seniors are out and about during the normal workday... Honestly 10am anywhere youll see them.. supermarkets, banks, parks, etc. I dont think they go to malls much.