PDA

View Full Version : Vote for Ron Paul

charrob
03-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Vote for Ron Paul
Posted by Lew Rockwell on March 24, 2010 08:14 AM

The Houston Chronicle, long an enemy of Ron Paul’s, is running a “March Madness” poll to determine the “most effective congressman” in Texas. By this, they do not mean the person who most advances the cause of peace, freedom, honest money, and human flourishing, but rather the one who best serves the interests of the power elite. Nevertheless, it would be nice to see Ron win it, if only to bug the Chron. Voting on the first bracket ends tomorrow night at midnight. Vote here and often, as he moves up in the brackets, and Go, Ron! (Thanks to Jesse Benton)

UPDATE I’m getting email asking how one votes for Ron, and indeed the poll is not clear. Scroll down to the SOUTH TEXAS “bracket.” You can vote for Ron right under the graphic. NB: Ron was behind before I posted this. Now he is at 67%.http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/54193.html

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Vote:

Copy and paste this but remove the space in "h ttp" after you paste it in your browser
h ttp://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/2010/03/march_madness_on_txpotomac_you_1.html
scroll down on the new page till you see: "South Texas Region".
underneath the block of candidate names for the South Texas Region (including Dr. Paul's) is where you vote.

cubical
03-24-2010, 09:48 AM
keep this bumped as the bracket moves along

charrob
03-24-2010, 09:54 AM
i'm alittle new at this...and i know this is a stupid question...but what does it mean to "bump"? :confused:

tangent4ronpaul
03-24-2010, 09:57 AM
you add a post - typically the word bump or blimp to make the thread (discussion) go back to the top.

-t

charrob
03-24-2010, 09:59 AM
you add a post - typically the word bump or blimp to make the thread (discussion) go back to the top.

-t

thanks. -is one allowed to 'bump' their own post?

tangent4ronpaul
03-24-2010, 10:06 AM
Yes, but it's considered inpolite to bump too often and in fact management has some rule about it. Rule of thumb, wait till it is toward the bottom of the front page before doing so.

Adding some discussion or additional information is not considered a bump, but accomplishes the same end.

btw: I couldn't find any way to actually vote in that poll...

-t

charrob
03-24-2010, 10:43 AM
Yes, but it's considered inpolite to bump too often and in fact management has some rule about it. Rule of thumb, wait till it is toward the bottom of the front page before doing so.

Adding some discussion or additional information is not considered a bump, but accomplishes the same end.

-t

your explanation helps alot. Thanks so much. I've seen so often on RPForums but never understood...

btw: I couldn't find any way to actually vote in that poll...

on Lew Rockwell's page, press "Vote here."
scroll down on the new page till you see: "South Texas Region".
underneath the block of candidate names for the South Texas Region (including Dr. Paul's) is where you vote.

tangent4ronpaul
03-24-2010, 10:55 AM
OK, that was interesting.

The first time I got to that page, I saw the place where you vote filled with red bars but no radio buttons to click. This time I got the version that lets you vote. Weird.

anyway, thanks,

-t

charrob
03-24-2010, 12:32 PM
In case the Houston Chronicle does not like all the votes coming from Lew Rockwell's blog, it may be a good idea to go directly to the Houston Chronicle:

h ttp://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/2010/03/march_madness_on_txpotomac_you_1.html?utm_source=f eedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+houstonchronicle%2Ftxpotomac+ %28Texas+on+the+Potomac%29

JoshLowry
03-24-2010, 12:38 PM
This link is best: h ttp://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/2010/03/march_madness_on_txpotomac_you_1.html

I edited your original post.

charrob
03-24-2010, 12:58 PM
This link is best: h ttp://blogs.chron.com/txpotomac/2010/03/march_madness_on_txpotomac_you_1.html

I edited your original post.

thanks! ...on my first post to this forum i got a bit yelped at because i didn't know that could happen and it was important to keep a space in the link.

...just curious, if people directly linked from Lew Rockwell's blog to the Houston Chronicle poll, how would the Houston Chronicle page know where they came from?

tangent4ronpaul
03-25-2010, 02:29 AM
thanks! ...on my first post to this forum i got a bit yelped at because i didn't know that could happen and it was important to keep a space in the link.

...just curious, if people directly linked from Lew Rockwell's blog to the Houston Chronicle poll, how would the Houston Chronicle page know where they came from?

They record where you came from. It's common.

A few more tips. There are diff audiences. early morn to late night.

A premature bump is a waste of time. Also, if ppl see threads where the poster is you after you - they stop reading. Esp if it's all "bumps" Good content helps in each message. But basically, watch, and only bump to match diff activity times for members. Also - only if important.If you are on a winning thread - ppl will "bump" for you - or more likely make it a very active and interesting thread.

There are specilized sub-forms where posts stay at the top for a long time and you will get lost of views if on topic. The title can win or loose a thread in eithor case. THe economics and off topics forums are not among these - stuff scrolls off quickly. maybe others.

In very RARE cases, when another thread is totally on topic, to your's, you might want to post a link to your thread and [erhaps a teaser as to content.... ie: that thread is getting a lot of attention and your's is not. If you do this, your thread might take off or get merged by the mods. Eithor is good.

I've had threads that were sleepers the first day, that I bumped the next day that really tool off! Don't make it a habbit or ppl will ignore you, but if you have a realy good thread or an ongoing action thing - go for it!

Just some tips...

take care,

-t

tangent4ronpaul
03-25-2010, 02:59 AM

They would know that they came from the Lew Rockwell site and could then search for links to that article/link.

-t