PDA

View Full Version : Tea Party blasts media coverage of protests and alleged racist hurls

bobbyw24
03-24-2010, 04:38 AM
Tea party turns into Klan rally — or so the headline of an opinion piece published by the Baltimore Examiner screamed to readers on Monday after weekend reports that Tea Partiers had hurled racial and homophobic slurs at black and gay congressmen.

Despite the absence of any video footage of the alleged remarks, a number of media outlets have used the reports to accuse the 25,000-plus activists who showed up to the Capitol this weekend of hating not simply President Obama’s health-care bill, but all black people. Unsurprisingly, the Tea Partiers reject this characterization.

“The media ran with these allegations and made that practically the only mention of the event,” said Brendan Steinhauser, a FreedomWorks staffer who organized the weekend’s rallies and said he’s “furious at the coverage.”

“It’s so preposterous that they try to make the whole movement to look like this, even if there was an incident, which there is no proof of,” Steinhauser added. He said there were a number of black people on stage at the Saturday protest, but “do you think people went up there and booed them or yelled racial epithets at them? No.”

On Saturday, a spokesman for Rep. Emanuel Cleaver said that a protestor was detained — and then released — by police after spitting on the congressman. The spokesman also claimed that protesters also hurled racial epithets at Reps. John Lewis, Georgia Democrat, and Andre Carson, Indiana Democrat. A number of reporters claimed to have also heard protesters hurl an anti-gay slur at Rep. Barney Frank, an openly gay Democrat from Massachusetts.

According to an Associated Press report, Carson told a reporter that as he left the Cannon House Office Building the crowd chanted “the N-word, the N-word, 15 times.” Even though video footage of the incident shows a rowdy crowd, none exists that show activists in a racial tirade

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2010/03/23/tea-party-blasts-media-coverage-of-protests-and-alleged-racist-hurls/#ixzz0j5bQd3Zz

nobody's_hero
03-24-2010, 04:45 AM
Barney Frank is gay?

I thought he just had a bad lisp.

TonySutton
03-24-2010, 04:50 AM
Barney Frank is gay?

I thought he just had a bad lisp.

No, his boy friend is gay. Barney Frank is straight as a Pittsburgh road. ;)

itshappening
03-24-2010, 05:20 AM
These are lies unsurprisingly

payme_rick
03-24-2010, 05:56 AM
sucks when you're being attacked by both ends... one end dismisses you as a buncha racists rednecks and the other end is hijacking the whole thing...

Bern
03-24-2010, 05:59 AM
Remember this?

YouTube - Chicago Tax Day Tea Party - What CNN Did Not Show You Behind The Scenes - Reporter Owned 4/16/09 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y6xWGvdRQ9Q)

catdd
03-24-2010, 06:34 AM
No, his boy friend is gay. Barney Frank is straight as a Pittsburgh road. ;)

:D

JP2010
03-24-2010, 09:23 AM
On Saturday, a spokesman for Rep. Emanuel Cleaver said that a protestor was detained — and then released — by police after spitting on the congressman.
That's proof right there that this is a falsity.

Elwar
03-24-2010, 09:30 AM
Individual from a group tells the media that they should not let individuals speak for the whole group.

Dunedain
03-24-2010, 10:18 AM
The liberty movement once again shows it's soft underbelly. Call it a racist movement and then many members fall all over themselves explaining why they are not racist and pleading for clemency against the very enemy that hates them...A very weak and pitiful strategy.

It is also a strategy which is doomed to failure since wanting to end welfare is a racist belief in the eyes of our opposition. I'm quite ashamed to see supposedly brave people show such cowardice.

Valli6
03-24-2010, 10:40 AM
In the original reports Congressman Cleaver claimed an arrest was made and he declined to press charges. Later, Capitol police denied that anyone was arrested that day.
http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/politics/wire/sns-ap-us-health-care-overhaul-cleaver,0,6055929.story
"A congressman who was spat on by a protestor on Capitol Hill says he is declining to press charges, but turns out the Capitol Police say they made no arrests."

RM918
03-24-2010, 10:46 AM
The liberty movement once again shows it's soft underbelly. Call it a racist movement and then many members fall all over themselves explaining why they are not racist and pleading for clemency against the very enemy that hates them...A very weak and pitiful strategy.

It is also a strategy which is doomed to failure since wanting to end welfare is a racist belief in the eyes of our opposition. I'm quite ashamed to see supposedly brave people show such cowardice.

So being accused of something and calling said accusation horseshit is weak and pitiful? What do you suggest? Standing up for the imaginary racists?

haaaylee
03-24-2010, 12:07 PM
YouTube - Congressional Black Caucus 3 20 2010 - original video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SCs6pSE8_I)

haaaylee
03-24-2010, 12:15 PM
edit: double post.

bruce leeroy
03-24-2010, 12:28 PM
I aint racist, I hate everyone equally

Dunedain
03-24-2010, 12:57 PM
So being accused of something and calling said accusation horseshit is weak and pitiful? What do you suggest? Standing up for the imaginary racists?

Don't fail to examine this issue closely. It will keep coming back over and over again until you are little more than a racist-nazi-who-wants-to-kill-60-milllion-jews just for being associated with this message board and attending Tea Parties.

When someone in your group is called a "heretic" it is weak to say "I didn't hear any heresy". Reason being anybody could be hired to shout heretical statements in your group. Then what will you do? Beg like a dog for forgiveness that a heretic penetrated your liberty group? W-E-A-K...the media will love you for it. Ignoring their public flogging it is even better for them...take your lickings without uttering a sound. Suffer silently like the undeserving peons we are.

The only response when someone calls you a heretic is to throw the term back in their face. You shout back that it is THEY who are heretics. Or you have a public debate about "What is Heresy" and then apply the term to them once it is defined. The socratic method is the only thing that can save this movement from this term.

The word heretic is a sword. It is a weapon in their hands. Until they are disarmed they will continue to beat the movement with it and the movement will continue to pitfully plead for forgiveness.

Valli6
03-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Steny Hoyer just had a press conference with Congressman Clyburn at his side, to say that members of congress are getting death threats . He failed to elaborate. Without any details the press was left to speculate over the window-breaking incidents and could only assume that something worse must be going on. :confused::rolleyes:

Elwar
03-24-2010, 01:34 PM
The only response when someone calls you a heretic is to throw the term back in their face. You shout back that it is THEY who are heretics.

That would be collectivist.

Srg1
03-24-2010, 01:36 PM

good for you

JenaS62
03-24-2010, 02:05 PM
I aint racist, I hate everyone equally

Yeah me too and it's getting worse with each passing day. :(

stu2002
03-24-2010, 02:13 PM

That ain't me, bro. Some of us have a pair-I know that you do Dunedain

Pete_00
03-24-2010, 06:35 PM
There will be plenty of staged propaganda operations against the Tea Party. Its actually very cheap and easy to do...

speciallyblend
03-24-2010, 06:40 PM
actually these reports should be taken as flattering. everyone knows you can target any group and attack them left,right,center, liberal or conservative. this is a good sign they are trying to stereotype the typical follower!

true somefolks will believe this, but the media knows its all bs.

i would love for them to call me racist,since i am married to a peublo indian/hispanic woman!!

now we just need to fight the stereotype of a republican,most voters do not like the gop and what it stands for bigger government and undeclared wars,now we need to open the dems eyes to the neo-cons in the dnc.

raiha
03-25-2010, 03:43 AM
I watched Shep Smith talking about this, describing the death threats to members of Congress as 'disturbing' which it is. He made a pont of complaining at some of the rhetoric that is flying about that is contributing to this state of affairs, calling it irresponsible. I loved that as i thought he was sending a chide to Glen Beck....maybe cos Beck
was the one who sprang to my mind when he mentioned the violent responses going down.

Funny society....someone disagrees then its: I know where you live

I know what school your kids go to

I know what your dog has for supper.
oh and just let me spit in your face.

I saw a well-to-do evidently republican white middle class woman say "we don't want to get violent but you know..."

I find it very disturbing that people are starting to froth at the mouth and planning to harm others at this stage.
Anyway Shep is the only one i like at fox and i always try and get his news. He does great car chases and was fantastic when he thought he had balloon boy in the balloon. i love him getting excited the way he does. The only one i can cope with on Fox.

payme_rick
03-25-2010, 06:05 AM
Dunedain: I don't see your arguement man... maybe it'd work for you... but when you're classified as something and it is false, you attack it with fact... I just don't see it man, maybe explain it in more detail...

John Goodman goes with a group 30 of his friends to rally to save the sea-turtles... all 30 of Goodman's friends are fit... they run 5 miles a day, some of 'em are the random Lance Armstrongs you try not to run over in the evening, they're just fit...

So John Goodman and his fit buddies are yelling "Save the Sea Turtles, Save The Sea Turtles, Save The Sea Turtles"... So, would that be a group of fat people? And if someone called that group a group of fat people, wouldn't the correct response be that of fact? "Dude, John Goodman's fat, but the other 30 could hide in a water-hose, they're in shape!"... responding with fact is not WEAK... just not seeing the logic there...

catdd
03-25-2010, 06:46 AM
He just means it's not a good idea to be put on the defensive by that sort of attack. No one looks more guilty than someone who keeps insisting they are innocent just like there's nothing crazier than someone who keeps insisting they are not crazy.

silus
03-25-2010, 07:24 AM
The only response when someone calls you a heretic is to throw the term back in their face. You shout back that it is THEY who are heretics.
So your master plan is to just throw the term back in their face? And you actually believe thats not one response, but its actually the only response?

I don't understand how you can be so utterly self-assured over such a pitiful strategy.

The response to these types of accusations has already been laid out for centuries. First you ignore them, then you ridicule them, then you fight them... You're talking about direct confrontation, validating their accusation and fully engaging the opposition (which is exactly what they want) when you should be ignoring it completely.

Dunedain
03-25-2010, 08:25 AM
The response to these types of accusations has already been laid out for centuries. First you ignore them, then you ridicule them, then you fight them...

You've mixed up the quote but the last line of it is "and then they win"...lol

You're talking about direct confrontation, validating their accusation and fully engaging the opposition (which is exactly what they want) when you should be ignoring it completely.

Direct confrontation is better than pleading for them to stop the attack (which they won't) or being attacked and suffering silently while the public looks on with disgust (which is what you advocate).

The movement just got hit in the face. Lots of people out there are starting to think either you are racist or spineless weaklings. What to do, what to do.

Dunedain
03-25-2010, 08:29 AM
So your master plan is to just throw the term back in their face? And you actually believe thats not one response, but its actually the only response?

I don't understand how you can be so utterly self-assured over such a pitiful strategy.

The response to these types of accusations has already been laid out for centuries. First you ignore them, then you ridicule them, then you fight them... You're talking about direct confrontation, validating their accusation and fully engaging the opposition (which is exactly what they want) when you should be ignoring it completely.

Silus....let me ask you a serious question...

Are you a racist? Are you a racist underneath and you just don't want to draw attention to racists like you in the movement so you want to keep this on the downlow? I'm starting to wonder....

HOLLYWOOD
03-25-2010, 08:42 AM
Simple, We live with an Aristocratic government... but as Ron Paul and other warned, the movement would be hijacked or discredited in any way possible, whether it's Obama's GE/NBC/MSNBC, TIME, Newsweek, Payola Radio and Print.... etc etc.

More concerning, will be "Plants and Operatives" amongst the Tea Party and Tax Revolt Protests across the country. Looking for opportune times to explode... look for it to happen and be reported by the Liberal reporting klan.

Betcha NBC/MSNBC/CNBC first, then CNN, to report some sort of racist report from a Tax Protest on April 15th. Just watch Baby

Keep your eyes and colleagues eyes open for instigators and operatives... It will happen

Dunedain
03-25-2010, 08:57 AM
Betcha NBC/MSNBC/CNBC first, then CNN, to report some sort of racist report from a Tax Protest on April 15th. Just watch Baby

Of course. They've found the only weakness of the tea party, why not expolit it? NBC pays some loser $1,000 to say Obama needs to pick less pockets and more cotton during an interview. "Racist Tea Party Tax Protests" headlines nationwide and the Tea Party organizers are summoned to explain themselves.

How are we going to defend against that kind of attack when we are called to explain ourselves?

1). Cover our heads, turtle, and take the blows until they stop (if they stop) and look guity in the eyes of the country.
2). Plead with the media that we aren't ALL racist (only some of us are)
3). Stand and defend our ground with the following"

E.G. "Why are you trying to label the movement? Are you a bigot or something? OR "You are only saying this Tea Partier is racist because he is white. THAT seems racist to me. Is NBC a racist station where reporters read Mein Kampf when the cameras are off?"

Turtling and pleading have both been tried many times and simply have failed.

bruce leeroy
03-25-2010, 09:05 AM
The MSM loves to play up the "racist " angle. IMO, part of this is because the establishment is scared as fuck of what COULD happen. If you scratch the surface a lil bit, you will find that your stereotypical "trailer park rednecks" and stereotypical "ghetto blacks" have more in common than many might think. any kind of unity or alliance between those two groups is one of the very biggest threats to the big goverment establishment since the civil war. remember it wasnt long after Dr Paul's performance at the Tavis smiley debate that the newsletter thing came out.

Light
03-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Simple, We live with an Aristocratic government... but as Ron Paul and other warned, the movement would be hijacked or discredited in any way possible, whether it's Obama's GE/NBC/MSNBC, TIME, Newsweek, Payola Radio and Print.... etc etc.

More concerning, will be "Plants and Operatives" amongst the Tea Party and Tax Revolt Protests across the country. Looking for opportune times to explode... look for it to happen and be reported by the Liberal reporting klan.

Keep your eyes and colleagues eyes open for instigators and operatives... It will happen

I absolutely agree with this. I think that the media will play up any actions by a plant or some lone wolf idiot.