PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Ripped Ron Paul Badly

Mani
10-09-2007, 08:52 AM
For all you fans of Glenn Beck who think he's a closet Ron Paul fan, OR he's so close to a Ron Paul supporter, he just needs a little push, YOU ARE DEAD WRONG.

Yes I know, GB sounds like Ron Paul on a bunch of issues, sure, I've heard Glenn a bunch of times and he seems like a constitutionalist and all that, BUT it's a bunch of crap.

Glenn BECK HATES RON PAUL.

GLENN BECK WILL NEVER SUPPORT RON PAUL!

Last night, (I didn't watch it) but my co-worker watched his show.

So Glenn spends several minutes talking about a candidate and his website. He starts reading a bunch of points off a certain candidates website. (All the things that GP agrees with)...He's saying things like "Hey look at that! That's great!" etc.

But then he say, "But guess who this candidate is???"

He shows a picture of Ron Paul and starts with the crazy circus clown music.

He starts to RIP Ron Paul and calling him crazy.

Doesn't justify why he thinks this or anything, just starts a scit about that crazy kooky old guy, Ron Paul.

Glenn just sets him up, and then rips him apart.

PLEASE don't bother emailing the Glenn Beck Program and asking for Ron Paul to show up.
PLEASE don't bother emailing GP and ask him to consider looking into Ron Paul.

This is not the first time he's ripped on RP. I've heard at least 4-6 times over the last 6 months where he'll take time to talk about Ron Paul, and he always starts out AGREEING with him, BEFORE HE RIPS HIM ON BEING A CRAZY LIBERTARIAN.

From what I understand, this was the worst hit job of the last 6 months, he spent a good several minutes on TV ripping Ron Paul and talking about him like some crazy clown.

Yes I know Glenn says so many things similar to Ron Paul throughout the week. Yes I know Glenn at times is dead on with what Ron Paul believes, BUT GLENN takes care to ATTACK Ron Paul's credibility quite a bit. Let's just move on from this guy, he loves Rudy's warmongering and will never support Ron Paul.

JAHOGS
10-09-2007, 08:56 AM
It was not the worst hit job of RON PAUL. This was actually a good story, other than the circus music part. Anyways during that part, to me, Ron Paul said nothing stupid, like they were trying to suggest.

The whole time before that part GB was talking highly of RON PAUL. Then after the music part, the bottom line reading said "THE RON PAUL EFFECT". Both guys on the show after the music part, including GB, where talking highly of Ron Paul.

I thought it was a good story about RON PAUL. A lot of free air time.

ronpaulfan
10-09-2007, 09:00 AM
It was not the worst hit job of RON PAUL. This was actually a good story, other than the circus music part. Anyways during that part, to me, Ron Paul said nothing stupid, like they were trying to suggest.

The whole time before that part GB was talking highly of RON PAUL. Then after the music part, the bottom line reading said "THE RON PAUL EFFECT". Both guys on the show after the music part, including GB, where talking highly of Ron Paul.

I saw it and have to agree with Mani. Glenn Beck is a scumbag. He attacked Ron Paul venomously but with nothing to back it up. He attacked Libertarians for not being able to find a better candidate! Ron Paul is a 10 term congressman, a doctor and has the best voting record in congress! Glenn Beck is a douche bag!

Cindy
10-09-2007, 09:01 AM
I saw Beck give 10 plus minutes of energy, attention and air time to Ron Paul.

Most Americans still havn't heard of RP yet.

Mani
10-09-2007, 09:01 AM

Wasn't Glenn building up Ron then calling him CRAZY? Wasn't he trying to make a joke out of Ron Paul?

ItsTime
10-09-2007, 09:02 AM
Or was he trying to make fun of people calling him crazy? Listen clearly to what ron is saying during the circus music. None of it is crazy. It is what over 70% of America is thinking.

Wasn't Glenn building up Ron then calling him CRAZY? Wasn't he trying to make a joke out of Ron Paul?

JAHOGS
10-09-2007, 09:04 AM
I saw it and have to agree with Mani. Glenn Beck is a scumbag. He attacked Ron Paul venomously but with nothing to back it up. He attacked Libertarians for not being able to find a better candidate! Ron Paul is a 10 term congressman, a doctor and has the best voting record in congress! Glenn Beck is a douche bag!

He did say some things that had no backing to them. I agree. but just like Cindy said he did give him around 10 minutes of air time. And if any normal person tuned in from channel surfing, could see that they were having a good debate on RON PAUL, without bashing him.

He said more good things about RON PAUL then bad things. COME ON GUYS. It was free airtime and I thought it was some descent air time at that.

The real story on the GB show is "HIS" highlight of the show. He didn't even have to talk about him. Last month we were talking about nobody will talk about RON PAUL. Now they are and we are mad because one out of the ten minutes they talk about him they said something that we didn't like.

ronpaulfan
10-09-2007, 09:06 AM
He said more good things about RON PAUL then bad things. COME ON GUYS. It was free airtime and I thought it was some descent air time at that.
So are you saying Glenn Beck secretly loves Ron Paul but is bowing to the will of his corporate masters?

AMack
10-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Video?

EvilEngineer
10-09-2007, 09:07 AM
Well there is a way to solve this...

http://www.thejump.net/humor/sniper.jpg

JAHOGS
10-09-2007, 09:08 AM
Well there is a way to solve this...

http://www.thejump.net/humor/sniper.jpg

Hilarious

American
10-09-2007, 09:09 AM
There are people here that support another candidate and enjoy hit pieces on Dr. Paul for those who havent figured that out yet.

The die hard RP supporters know if it was good for RP or not. They dont need any reassurance from some troll saying it was "good air time"

JAHOGS
10-09-2007, 09:11 AM
So are you saying Glenn Beck secretly loves Ron Paul but is bowing to the will of his corporate masters?

I'm not saying that at all. I have watched GB for a long time before I was even interested in politics. Glen Beck, like he said, agrees a lot with Ron Paul. He also said he doesn't agree with him on every issue. I'm very sure that GB likes RON PAUL deep down and it will only take time for him to admit it.

Wasn't he the same person bashing him hard after the first or second debate? Look how far he has come already since then. Hell he has "THE RON PAUL EFFECT" as his real story during his show. I think that is a big step.

JAHOGS
10-09-2007, 09:12 AM
There are people here that support another candidate and enjoy hit pieces on Dr. Paul for those who havent figured that out yet.

The die hard RP supporters know if it was good for RP or not. They dont need any reassurance from some troll saying it was "good air time"

Grow up. I personally thought it was "good air time" for RON PAUL. Sorry for giving my opinion.

Cindy
10-09-2007, 09:12 AM
The bottom line is, if that air time was given to Hunter, Tancredo, Brownback, Huckabee, Hillary or Obama, we would be crying, " Why didn't he cover Ron Paul?:( "

HE COVERED RON PAUL!:D

Reality check. It doesn't seem to matter with the American public if the press you get is good or bad. It only seems to matter that you are somebody enough to get it.

Hillary and Rudy, have recieved hit pieces and bad press light years beyond what Paul has and those TWO are in the LEAD with the American people!

Why? NAME RECOGNITION.

Human nature tends to trust what it is familiar with.

brumans
10-09-2007, 09:15 AM
Grow up. I personally thought it was "good air time" for RON PAUL. Sorry for giving my opinion.

Agreed

RevolutionSD
10-09-2007, 09:32 AM
This is no surprise at all to those of us who know who controls the MSM. You think this is bad? As RP gets closer to winning the race, the attacks will only get worse, and from all sides. Just hang in there. We'll never have true MSM support like Rudy and the others get. They even like to talk about Huckabee now just to avoid giving RP any pub.

Hear glen beck and work that much harder! 3 more months and that's it!!!!

kenc9
10-09-2007, 09:37 AM
This is Glen Beck going on about how Ron Paul is so right but not the right guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJiTY0gzB7Q

paulitics
10-09-2007, 09:39 AM
The mainstream media has a credibility problem, so when they call someone crazy, they don't have the same effect as even 4 years ago. Now, if Ron PAul himself comes across as crazy,than yes, we have a problem. Thats why I like the composed Ron of the first 2 debates, vs. the angry Ron that came out during the last 2 debates, it didn't work for Gravel, Dean or others.

Dary
10-09-2007, 10:00 AM
Why is it that when your adversary says bad things about you it is taken to be an insult?

When my enemy lies about me, I consider it a compliment.

When my rival condemns me he commends me.

Only people I consider worthy can criticize me.

Glen Beck is unworthy. Therefore I consider his slights, praise.

The title of this thread should be "Glen Beck honors Ron Paul".

goldenequity
10-09-2007, 10:58 AM
This is Glen Beck going on about how Ron Paul is so right but not the right guy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJiTY0gzB7Q

Thanks for that clip
I just listened to the whole thing.....

He is a man without a conviction....he reminds me of a professor of religion who is an aethiest......he is a connesieur and critic of thought and ideas without a conviction or committment of his own.....
an "expert" on skydiving..... who's never jumped out of a plane.
a blowhard, parsing and nitpicking other's oppinions .....
in a word....
he's a coward.
Imagine him on a battlefield in charge of some troops..... he'd be the one
safe in back of the front..... examining charts and pontificating over the radio about the virtues of the war.

TooConservative
10-09-2007, 11:29 AM
Reality check. It doesn't seem to matter with the American public if the press you get is good or bad. It only seems to matter that you are somebody enough to get it.

Hillary and Rudy, have recieved hit pieces and bad press light years beyond what Paul has and those TWO are in the LEAD with the American people!

Why? NAME RECOGNITION.

There's no such thing as bad publicity. We need the name recognition.

And some might recall George Will pooh-poohing Ron Paul a while back. He's saying much nicer things now but not quite endorsing him. It's that whole appeal of small-government philosophy. If you keep it up enough and show these old hardline conservatives that Ron Paul is raising up a new generation of small-government conservative types, that does a lot to soften them up. They liked that message with Reagan and again with Gingrich. That's their big big issue, no matter who the candidate is and what election year it is.

kylejack
10-09-2007, 11:30 AM
There's no such thing as bad publicity. We need the name recognition.

And some might recall George Will pooh-poohing Ron Paul a while back. He's saying much nicer things now but not quite endorsing him. It's that whole appeal of small-government philosophy. If you keep it up enough and show these old hardline conservatives that Ron Paul is raising up a new generation of small-government conservative types, that does a lot to soften them up. They liked that message with Reagan and again with Gingrich. That's their big big issue, no matter who the candidate is and what election year it is.

I've seen nothing but positive comments from George Will, especially on the ABC round table yesterday.

they walked in line
10-09-2007, 01:14 PM
For all you fans of Glenn Beck who think he's a closet Ron Paul fan, OR he's so close to a Ron Paul supporter, he just needs a little push, YOU ARE DEAD WRONG.

Yes I know, GB sounds like Ron Paul on a bunch of issues, sure, I've heard Glenn a bunch of times and he seems like a constitutionalist and all that, BUT it's a bunch of crap.

Yes I know Glenn says so many things similar to Ron Paul throughout the week. Yes I know Glenn at times is dead on with what Ron Paul believes

May I please have some of what you're smoking? Glenn Beck is a statist, pure and simple. That much should be painfully obvious to anyone who has ever watched his miserable show.

Richard in Austin
10-09-2007, 01:23 PM
Many people here have said that 10 minutes of airtime given to Ron Paul is a plus, regardless of what is said. I agree with that wholeheartedly.

There are plenty of people out there who don't know much if anything about Ron Paul yet, so whenever some talking head out there refers to RP as 'crazy' or a 'kook', there some people who will take a closer look out of curiosity. I know I would, even if just for the potential humor value.

So imagine how those people are going to feel and react once they learn more about Ron Paul, and find out that RP isn't the whack-job they're trying to portray him as? I see a double benefit: 1) Ron Paul gets more exposure, and 2) talking heads lose credibility.

We aren't going to reach EVERYBODY, and it not be useful or even desirable to do so. The American revolution was not widely supported by the public - it was accomplished by a minority of patriots. How much valuable support do you think we'll get from people who believe everything Glenn Beck, Rush Limbaugh, or Sean Hannity say?

I liked the Interview Wolf Blitzer gave RP, and got a little chuckle when Wolf referred to Giuliani as 'the front runner' (in your DREAMS, Wolf!). That air time was precious!

they walked in line
10-09-2007, 01:53 PM
I've seen nothing but positive comments from George Will, especially on the ABC round table yesterday.

George Will has been pretty good when it comes to Ron Paul, especially as of late, but I think that he annoyed a lot of people with that Newsweek article (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17200494/site/newsweek/) from a few months back.

Richard in Austin
10-09-2007, 02:05 PM
It's going to be fun to see a lot of those 'talking heads' flip-flopping and saying more and more nice things about Ron Paul as they inevitably realize that his popularity is not going to go away.

I think they're starting to see that giving Ron Paul ANY exposure increases their market share.

Mani
10-09-2007, 03:26 PM
May I please have some of what you're smoking? Glenn Beck is a statist, pure and simple. That much should be painfully obvious to anyone who has ever watched his miserable show.

I used to listen to GB here and there. 15 minutes in the morning maybe a few times a week.

And honestly in some of those segments sometimes he goes on a libertarian streak about the founding fathers, how they had jobs and were not lifetime politicians. He'll talk about reducing the size of government and free speech, and free markets and going back to the principals of the founding fathers.

Sometimes he'd rip on NEO-CONS for spending too much money, and how he's fed up with the right and the left and saying most of them are corrupt and won't take a stand.

He'll say a lot of that, and talk about freedoms and liberties.

But then he goes on his terrorist thing, then he'll give a big thumbs up to Rudy and the patriot act, and his warmongering. Then he starts making fun of Ron Paul.

I have never watched his TV show, just caught snip-its of his radio show, but I don't listen anymore, because now it's 90% warmongering. He's like Rudy and 9/11, if I flip the dial by accident to his show, I hear the word, "Terrorist, islamofascist or muslim extremist." within a few seconds.

Not only that, but after a couple debates he ripped Ron Paul and I had enough.

There are a NUMBER of posters who feel GB is a closet Ron Paul supporter, I disagree.