PDA

View Full Version : List of Gov't Agencies to Abolish

Tim724
10-09-2007, 08:44 AM
We all remember how Fox News tried to paint Dr Paul as a kook by listing all the government agencies he wants to abolish.

However, just yesterday on CNBC's Kudlow and Company they were talking about the GOP candidates and Larry Kudlow said he wants a candidate with a list of government agencies and programs to eliminate.

This issue seems to highlight the difference between the real fiscal conservatives and the big-government neo-cons. I believe that, outside of Fox News, the pendulum is swinging back toward fiscal conservatism and this is contributing to Ron Paul's appeal.

Matt Collins
10-09-2007, 09:58 AM
All of them? :D

Bradley in DC
10-09-2007, 09:59 AM
I think it might be easier to list the one's we'd keep. ;)

Wendi
10-09-2007, 10:11 AM
Anything that has an acronym ;)

jacmicwag
12-25-2007, 07:52 PM
Hate to bring this thread back up but I just had a question about whether Ron has stated publicly that he wants to abolish the CIA. I can't find anything one way of the other in the Ron Paul Library. My take is he wants to get rid of the FBI but never said the same of the CIA.

Thanks

cindy25
12-25-2007, 09:24 PM
Selective service will be gone Jan 20, 2009

Goldwater Conservative
12-25-2007, 11:21 PM
Hate to bring this thread back up but I just had a question about whether Ron has stated publicly that he wants to abolish the CIA. I can't find anything one way of the other in the Ron Paul Library. My take is he wants to get rid of the FBI but never said the same of the CIA.

Thanks

He said on Meet the Press, and has said elsewhere, that he believes there should be an intelligence-gathering agency, but that the CIA as it exists needs to go. It engages in unAmerican practices (torture), does more harm than good abroad (interventionism), and has an overall "culture" which can't be easily changed. Basically, it's a problem of execution.

XNavyNuke
12-26-2007, 10:49 AM
He said on Meet the Press, and has said elsewhere, that he believes there should be an intelligence-gathering agency, but that the CIA as it exists needs to go. It engages in unAmerican practices (torture), does more harm than good abroad (interventionism), and has an overall "culture" which can't be easily changed. Basically, it's a problem of execution.

Scuttle the CIA and roll their HumInt into the DIA Directorate for Human Intelligence. IMHO.

XNN

PatriotG
12-26-2007, 10:51 AM

Thanks

He doesnt want to abolish it completely
Just limit it operations, to intelligence gathering.

PatriotG

JGalt
12-26-2007, 11:11 AM
We have 16 intelligence agencies in this country, all under the umbrella of the Department of Homeland Defense(great euphemism, eh?). I think RP would combine and pare down these 16 into a stately 1 or 2.