PDA

View Full Version : How much money should Rand spend before the primary?

Jeremy
03-23-2010, 11:47 PM
It's not over after May... the Dems have a lot of money too!

John Taylor
03-23-2010, 11:52 PM
It's not over after May... the Dems have a lot of money too!

All of it. He can raise more after the primary. He needs to win this primary first. Run hard all the way to the evening of May 18th. I hope he spends every single penny he has that he can spend in the primary legally. This race is not over yet. Grayson is trying to trip Rand while simultaneously sprinting himself. Rand needs even more money, perhaps another 2 hundred thousand, in order to answer Grayson's smears.

TheTyke
03-23-2010, 11:53 PM
I know everyone looks at the polls and thinks it'll be a cakewalk, but from what I see in Kentucky, I think the worst has yet to come... and he'll need all this (and maybe more) to win the primary.

We'll have to cross the general election bridge when we come to it.

driege
03-23-2010, 11:57 PM
If he has to, he should spend all of it to beat Trey. The GOP establishment will get behind him with some money once he wins the primary. Plus, there is absolutely no way a Democrat wins this seat in the Fall.

Shotdown1027
03-24-2010, 12:12 AM
Im not so sure about the general, I think it will be much easier. Rand has captured the outsider image--which will make him very appealing, both to conservative Democrats (which KY has quite a few of) and to independents. It is a long-long way from November, but it looks to be a VERY bad election year for Democrats, the way 2006 was for Republicans (or worse).

John Taylor
03-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Im not so sure about the general, I think it will be much easier. Rand has captured the outsider image--which will make him very appealing, both to conservative Democrats (which KY has quite a few of) and to independents. It is a long-long way from November, but it looks to be a VERY bad election year for Democrats, the way 2006 was for Republicans (or worse).

Rand has to spend it all, blow through it, get up as many ads as possible. He MUST beat Trey, this is of absolute and paramount importance.

DeadheadForPaul
03-24-2010, 12:16 AM
Rand HAS to win the primary

This is the biggest challenge for his campaign!

The GOP will throw their support behind him in the general because the party is HURTING for seats in the Senate.

I hope Rand spends every dime and then some to beat Trey

It's about to get dirty, folks

MRoCkEd
03-24-2010, 06:46 AM
All of it.

amisspelledword
03-24-2010, 06:55 AM
i agree, most if not all of it.

once he wins, everyone will get behind him and he will really start to see them money rolling in

JamesButabi
03-24-2010, 08:48 AM
Yep.....lay it all out there. Come general election, we will refuel him and hopefully PACS and establishment jump into the mix.

jmdrake
03-24-2010, 09:28 AM
Only as much as he needs to win. Trey's running a limp wristed campaign. He's a former democrat. He's being funded by NY Democrats. He might be setting Rand up for the general election. Rand should monitor the polls closely as well as how much Trey is spending as well as the effectiveness of Trey's spending and act accordingly.

John Taylor
03-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Only as much as he needs to win. Trey's running a limp wristed campaign. He's a former democrat. He's being funded by NY Democrats. He might be setting Rand up for the general election. Rand should monitor the polls closely as well as how much Trey is spending as well as the effectiveness of Trey's spending and act accordingly.

Take no chances, run like you're 20 points behind. Who knows what Mitch has up his sleeve, work your @$$ off.

dr. hfn
03-24-2010, 10:02 AM
All of it!

Bern
03-24-2010, 10:12 AM
I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it yet, but he should spend all of it to ensure victory and then worry about raising funds for the general election.

specsaregood
03-24-2010, 10:24 AM
All of it. It doesn't do him any good to have some in the bank and not move past the primary.

jmdrake
03-24-2010, 11:00 AM
Take no chances, run like you're 20 points behind. Who knows what Mitch has up his sleeve, work your @$$ off.

I'm not taking chances. I'm not dismissing the amount that may be needed in the general election nor making predictions about how much money may be on hand later. The money should be spent wisely. Not flitted away just because he can. Plus you can't even say for certain at this point how much needs to be spent at which point in the primary. Say if Rand spent 90% in April but was then drained during the last week of the campaign only to find out then that this was when Trey really started campaigning? Don't be shortsighted.