PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul mention on Diane Rehm (NPR)

runderwo
10-09-2007, 08:28 AM
They had three political analysts on the Diane Rehm show this morning. They started talking about Ron Paul and pretty much demonstrated that they don't know enough to earn their paycheck.

Theme #1:
He made $5M in Q3... but only $2.65M in Q2 and $640k in Q1. Therefore, the Q3 number is a fluke, so we can ignore it as a predictor of success. Meanwhile we'll debate for half an hour on what the Q3 numbers mean for Giuliani and Romney because the numbers mean something for their campaigns.

Theme #2:
Most people donating to the Ron Paul campaign have only donated $25, $50, $100. "I expect that hardly anyone has contributed the maximum 2,300 to the RP campaign." The other candidates have solicited mostly maximum contributions, so their campaigns are more respectable because RP donators are more unsure of themselves.

Theme #3:
We get lots of calls every time we omit mention of him. He is way out of line with Republican values. Therefore all these people calling are Independents and Democrats because no Republican could support an anti-war candidate.

Hard to believe the idiocy out there... at least they didn't mention polling numbers.

KingTheoden
10-09-2007, 08:31 AM
NPR is state media. Their name sums up the situation completely.

CodeMonkey
10-09-2007, 08:35 AM
Lol, they must have worked overtime to come up with those backwards conclusions.

RonFan1776
10-09-2007, 08:36 AM
"Three other serious candidates including McCain, Thompson, and Huckabee."

"On the Republican front it's a 5-way fight."

These guys are blatant.

runderwo
10-09-2007, 09:11 AM
I couldn't really blame this one on NPR.. it was the idiots they had on the show, who special-cased Ron Paul to use his numbers and reach the opposite conclusions to the ones they drew for the other candidates. The host of the show seemed pretty skeptical of their conclusions, but didn't say much.

kylejack
10-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Theme #2:
Most people donating to the Ron Paul campaign have only donated $25, $50, $100. "I expect that hardly anyone has contributed the maximum 2,300 to the RP campaign." The other candidates have solicited mostly maximum contributions, so their campaigns are more respectable because RP donators are more unsure of themselves.
BARRY MANILOW BEGS TO DIFFER!

But anyway, campaigns with a bunch of capped contributions are tapped out. Those people can't contribute one more dollar. A strong grassroots campaign has a virtually unlimited supply of steady money.

I can't stand Diane Rehm. She talks sooooo slooooow, and sounds sooooo ooooold.

EvilEngineer
10-09-2007, 09:19 AM
I've snook an operative into their studio. We shouldn't have any more problems from them.

http://media1.funnyjunk.com/pics/chippy.jpg

Akus
10-09-2007, 09:49 AM
Hard to believe the idiocy out there... at least they didn't mention polling numbers. If we don't donate more then we did last quarter, the idiots will be us. We need to make a 4 mil goal come november and we are not even in a million ballpark. :mad: