PDA

View Full Version : Methods of dealing with census takers

Rael
03-23-2010, 05:59 PM
When a census taker comes to your house, how do you intend to deal with it?

I've decided not to expend any more effort than necessary. I would much rather spend time reading, playing guitar, or anything I like to do instead of wasting my time trying to argue with someone.

If I happen to be outside when they show up, I'm simply going to state that I am house sitting or that I am the landscaper, and I have no idea about any of the details of the person who owns the house.

If they knock on the door, I simply won't answer, as I usually do not answer the door for people I don't know.

Golding
03-23-2010, 06:05 PM
I never answer the door when someone rings the doorbell, unless it's someone I've invited.

Even girl scouts aren't allowed.

Zippyjuan
03-23-2010, 06:19 PM
They are performing a Constitutionally mandated activity. Shouldn't we follow the Constitution? Or are we free to choose to ignore any parts we don't like or find inconvenient?
If you fill in the form and privide just the minimal information (how many people at that address) they should not bother you. Problem solved.

RCA
03-23-2010, 06:30 PM
YouTube - how to complete a census (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XtuPvwBa2U)

Anti Federalist
03-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Already posted once before, but deserves it again.

http://www.playerpress.com/uploads/Image/EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

dwdollar
03-23-2010, 07:21 PM
They are performing a Constitutionally mandated activity. Shouldn't we follow the Constitution? Or are we free to choose to ignore any parts we don't like or find inconvenient?
If you fill in the form and privide just the minimal information (how many people at that address) they should not bother you. Problem solved.

I'm only speaking on my behalf but...
I believe in certain unalienable rights which are given to my family and I by our creator. The Constitution only enumerates those rights. If it is going to be twisted by tyrants into something that is far from it's original intent in order to serve their sinister desires then to hell with it.

Golding
03-23-2010, 07:44 PM
If you fill in the form and privide just the minimal information (how many people at that address) they should not bother you. Problem solved.The Constitution mandates that they ask the number of people per household. They're asking much more than that. Hence, they're not performing a Constitutionally mandated activity.

roho76
03-23-2010, 07:49 PM
Has anybody noticed that the number of persons question resides inside it's own shaded box on the census?

And I agree with you Golding if their going to pervert it into something that's totally unconstitutional then the constitution argument looses all validity.

Rael
03-23-2010, 08:08 PM

The constitution says congress has to conduct a census, it does not say people are obliged to answer.

Problem already solved when I threw the form out :D

Rael
03-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Already posted once before, but deserves it again.

http://www.playerpress.com/uploads/Image/EastwoodMyLawn.jpg

Thats great! :D

Danke
03-23-2010, 08:12 PM
The constitution says congress has to conduct a census, it does not say people are obliged to answer.

It is amazing how few people understand this.

foofighter20x
03-23-2010, 10:08 PM
The actual Enumeration shall be made within three years after the first meeting of the Congress of the United States, and within every subsequent term of ten years, in such manner as they shall by law direct.

I understand it completely. They can count you. Doesn't say they can do anything else.

However, I will acquiesce to their piggybacking efforts to collect information germane to other enumerated powers.

Matt Collins
03-23-2010, 10:36 PM
If I happen to be outside when they show up, I'm simply going to state that I am house sitting or that I am the landscaper, and I have no idea about any of the details of the person who owns the house.Don't lie to a federal employee. That could potentially be bad news.

bruce leeroy
03-23-2010, 11:00 PM
"get off my lawn"