PDA

View Full Version : GOP Leadership scared they can't control their grassroots!

Matt Collins
03-23-2010, 11:02 AM
http://politicalwire.com/archives/2010/03/23/overheated_talk_undoing_republicans.html

“Yes, it mobilizes supporters — but by mobilizing them with hysterical accusations and pseudo-information, overheated talk has made it impossible for representatives to represent and elected leaders to lead.”

“Now the overheated talk is about to get worse. Over the past 48 hours, I’ve heard conservatives compare the House bill to the Kansas-Nebraska Act of 1854 — a decisive step on the path to the Civil War. Conservatives have whipped themselves into spasms of outrage and despair that block all strategic thinking.”

AuH20
03-23-2010, 11:05 AM
They catapulted the Obamanation and his fascist buddies into power. Either they make a concerted effort to rectify the problem or the grassroots will.

pcosmar
03-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Is the "leadership" supposed to control the supporters?
Or are they supposed to REPRESENT the people?

Someone is confused.
I don't think it is me. ;)

Petar
03-23-2010, 11:23 AM
I can't wait until Republicans take over in 2010, and then Democrats become set for their own populist anti-Dino uprising, with us gaining as much influence as possible along the way.

I think a future anti-Dino uprising will take the form of a strong anti-war movement.

Stary Hickory
03-23-2010, 11:55 AM
Strategic thinking is what Republicans had better start doing. We want results not excuses, and we will have results with or without Republican leadership. This is what they need to start working into their "strategies"

So far their only strategy is the growth of big government. No more!

speciallyblend
03-23-2010, 03:36 PM
I can't wait until Republicans take over in 2010, and then Democrats become set for their own populist anti-Dino uprising, with us gaining as much influence as possible along the way.

I think a future anti-Dino uprising will take the form of a strong anti-war movement.

vote against any neo-con republican ,even if the devil is running against them. don't just vote for a republican because they have an r next to them. this is how the gop got f*%ked up in the first place!! we cannot reward a failed gop until they change their own ways!!

nobody's_hero
03-23-2010, 04:06 PM
You need to get one of the mods to edit in the title that this is by David Frum.

A lot of people are wasting their time reading this. ;)

Petar
03-23-2010, 05:49 PM
vote against any neo-con republican ,even if the devil is running against them. don't just vote for a republican because they have an r next to them. this is how the gop got f*%ked up in the first place!! we cannot reward a failed gop until they change their own ways!!

Well, I'm not saying that we should vote for Rino's, but I do believe that the majority of the public is definitely swaying in that direction at this point, and I am really looking forward to the anti-Dino insurgency which I believe that this will create within the Democratic party.

I just think that the two parties falling apart will continuously make it easier for us to recruit people into our camp, where we can continuously work to put real reformers into office.