PDA

View Full Version : The 10 State Lawsuit.... Doomed from the start.

goldenequity
03-23-2010, 10:52 AM
So the good Judge weighs in and says basically
that the suit will not achieve 'standing'.... very disappointing. :mad:

YouTube - Is Health-Care Reform Unconstitutional? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8e0vcgE_tAw)

AuH20
03-23-2010, 11:02 AM
The SOBs set up the 2014 initialization date to postpone any legal challenges. What would be interesting post-2014 would be the fact that the federal government would have to reimburse trillions in revenue collected if the courts overturned this? That would be quite the sight. On top of this, Obama would have probably ridded himself of Kennedy off the SC by then.

Stary Hickory
03-23-2010, 11:37 AM
They ought to sue now and in 2014, Nullify it, and repeal in the congress. Nothing happens unless we allow it to happen, we simply do not allow it to happen.

Stary Hickory
03-23-2010, 11:47 AM
And don't be so negative about things. If the SC does not overturn this then they should be disbanded and sent home. What purpose do they serve if they cannot enforce one shred of the Law they swore to uphold? If the SC shows it is useless then Americans will see that government has become a lawless body. If a government obeys no laws it may not issue laws.

Meanwhile states can deal with this. Being negative does nothig.

Juan McCain
03-23-2010, 12:43 PM
Adding a right without an amendment that would need to be ratified by 3/4 of the states . . . now it's not possible to challenge even that ?

So proper standing may have to just come in the form of total civil war . . .

Anti Federalist
03-23-2010, 12:51 PM
And don't be so negative about things. If the SC does not overturn this then they should be disbanded and sent home. What purpose do they serve if they cannot enforce one shred of the Law they swore to uphold? If the SC shows it is useless then Americans will see that government has become a lawless body. If a government obeys no laws it may not issue laws.

Meanwhile states can deal with this. Being negative does nothig.

It's not being negative, it's being realistic.

I said the same thing the judge said a few days ago, that these suits will be dismissed for lack of standing.

So will all the 10th Amendment actions.

Disbanded by whom? Who is going to go into the SCOTUS chambers, armed, and kick all them out, close all the offices, dismiss all the hangers on, and chain the doors?

Don't get me wrong, I think all these things are necessary and good, but in the end will accomplish nothing.

Juan McCain
03-23-2010, 01:03 PM
In any civil lawsuit the first defense is that the party suing lacks proper standing - jurisdictionally or other -
the defense often wins that preliminary hearing and it is thrown out . . .

but all these pundits are assuming they already know what plaintiffs will present and claim for their standing to sue.

Always expect a lawsuit to be shot at like this . . . that is just what the defense does and will do always, and this is no different.

the States certainly deserve their day in Court to present their case fully, before the retired and other judges get to "rule" and
decide the cases for everybody en masse just to boost their Neilsen ratings.

Stary Hickory
03-23-2010, 01:47 PM
It's not being negative, it's being realistic.

I said the same thing the judge said a few days ago, that these suits will be dismissed for lack of standing.

So will all the 10th Amendment actions.

Disbanded by whom? Who is going to go into the SCOTUS chambers, armed, and kick all them out, close all the offices, dismiss all the hangers on, and chain the doors?

Don't get me wrong, I think all these things are necessary and good, but in the end will accomplish nothing.

By WHOM? By us. You don't need guns to get rid of them, they cease to be judges when the people no longer accept them as much. And we do have standing this is ridiculous. And outrageous. The SC WILL rule on this. We will see what they say...but they will see this case.

Anti Federalist
03-23-2010, 01:52 PM
By WHOM? By us. You don't need guns to get rid of them, they cease to be judges when the people no longer accept them as much.

I no longer accept them as such and I no longer give my consent to be governed.

That and 5 bucks will get me a cup of coffee.

Even if we had a majority, which we certainly do not and probably never will, the opposition has the entire machine standing by to enforce their edicts.

So they will continue to sit, along with the rest of the government and send out enforcers to carry out their orders.

Anti Federalist
03-23-2010, 04:15 PM
///

phill4paul
03-23-2010, 05:03 PM
I have been called a "downer" because I said these things before in earlier threads. :rolleyes:

I simply will not participate. I am in the enviable position of having no one dependent on me and thus no responsibility to anyone.

I am at the place where I consider the government the bully on the playground. I've been pushed once to often and the humiliation of accepting the disrespect has become far worse than any physical abuse they could visit on my body.

Rael
03-23-2010, 06:07 PM
I no longer accept them as such and I no longer give my consent to be governed.

That and 5 bucks will get me a cup of coffee.

EXACTLY! Withdrawing your consent to be governed will not stop men with guns from showing up at your door. They don't want or care if you consent.

Probably the closest thing you can do to withdrawing you consent is to live off the books and pay no taxes. But that is easier said than done.

Stary Hickory
03-23-2010, 06:50 PM
EXACTLY! Withdrawing your consent to be governed will not stop men with guns from showing up at your door. They don't want or care if you consent.

Probably the closest thing you can do to withdrawing you consent is to live off the books and pay no taxes. But that is easier said than done.

Then our mission is so that many many withdraw consent. Push state's rights and nullifications. States need to be in the habbit passing legislation and nullifying Federal legislation.

jsu718
03-23-2010, 06:59 PM
Hmm... being party to a lawsuit against the United States almost sounds like a better idea than my previous plan of continuing to be a conscientious objector to owning health insurance.

TCE
03-23-2010, 07:02 PM
Judge Napolitano is correct, the Supreme Court won't hear this until at least 2020, and that is assuming it is allowed appeal. In 4 years think of how many things will be different. Now that this is the new bar of Unconstitutionality, think of what other crap is coming down the pipeline. We won't even be talking about this in 4 years.

Anti Federalist
03-23-2010, 07:03 PM
Then our mission is so that many many withdraw consent. Push state's rights and nullifications. States need to be in the habbit passing legislation and nullifying Federal legislation.

I'm all for it, and couldn't agree more.

As long as there is something more to back them up when the feds, ultimately, dismiss these actions out of hand.

And as long as everybody understands the ramifications of that.