PDA

View Full Version : BJ Lawson on HealthCare - resotring the patient/doctor relationship

JamesButabi
03-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Dear James,

This past weekend our federal government started the countdown on a time-delayed process that will forever alter the American health care landscape. And not for the better.

I have long maintained that the American health care system works great -- unless you are a patient, or a doctor. The changes passed this weekend accentuate the worst aspects of our health care system by putting more power in the hands of government bureaucrats and third-party payers, at the expense of individual patients and providers.

Last night, I spoke to a packed house at the Western Wake Republican Club about the changes we can expect, and ways the American public and health care providers might respond (Two ten minute videos: Part 1, Part 2).

I hope you have time to view the above videos and join the discussion.

Ultimately, it will be up to American physicians to bring health care back to its roots as a patient-focused profession.

I am privileged to join two other North Carolina physician Congressional candidates (Dr. James Taylor in District 6 and Dr. Dan Eichenbaum in District 11) in a series of statewide summits to discuss true health care reform, and ways in which providers can restore the sanctity of the provider/patent relationship.

The first summit is this Thursday in Asheville, the second will be on April 1 in the Triangle (Morrisville), and the third is still being scheduled in the Triad (Greensboro).

These summits are intended specifically for health care providers who are interested in networking and discussing innovative ways that we can return Hippocratic compassion to medicine, and avoid the commoditization and cartelization that has damaged the provider/patient relationship.

Please forward this information to physicians and providers who may be interested.

In liberty,

William (B.J.) Lawson, MD
Congressional Candidate, North Carolina's 4th District

GunnyFreedom
03-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Those two links would be awesome. :)

JamesButabi
03-23-2010, 12:12 PM
YouTube - Western Wake Republican Club 1 of 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRpB6re5MIg)

YouTube - Western Wake Republican Club 2 of 4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cg34zrdLX5E)

;)

GunnyFreedom
03-23-2010, 12:27 PM
Thank you!