PDA

View Full Version : Giuliani in Mobile, AL this Friday

unklejman
10-09-2007, 07:28 AM
Update: I put together a video of the events that happened:

Please Digg it. (http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Supporters_Confront_Giuliani_In_Mobile_AL )

http://www.al.com/newsflash/regional/index.ssf?/base/politics-0/1191870590228850.xml&storylist=alabamanews

10/8/2007, 2:01 p.m. CDT
The Associated Press

MOBILE, Ala. (AP) — Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani is returning to Mobile for a private fundraising reception and dinner Friday.

A $1,000-per-person reception will be at the home of Mobile businesswoman Celia Wallace from 5-6 p.m. For $2,300 per person, people can attend a private dinner with the former New York mayor from 7-9 p.m., according to the invitations.

Giuliani was last in Mobile on April 10 for a private fundraiser.

Mobile businessman Jerry Lathan, who is serving on the event's host committee, said it will be Giuliani's fourth campaign visit to Alabama, making him one of the most active candidates in the state.

"It's indicative of his intent to compete in the South and win in Alabama," Lathan said Monday.

Other hosts for the event include former gubernatorial candidate Ann Bedsole, businessmen Angus and David Cooper, and attorney Fred Helmsing.

Alabama's presidential primary is Feb. 5.

The meet-up group here is looking in to what we can do as far as making our presence known. The event IS in a private house, but of course the streets are public. We just have to check into the neighborhood and see if there are any kind of ordinances. If all pans out well, there will be video.

Anyone in the area that can show up, we need as many people as we can get this Friday.

ACJohn
10-09-2007, 07:32 AM
What’s the point other than to harass Rudy (with a chance of negative press)? Why not get the group together and go campaigning for RP, have your own rally or have a RP fundraiser(with a chance of positive press)?

Shiranu
10-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Have a RP rally right infront of the house, and hand Mr. G. a RP Slim jim as he leaves. Maybe his security and such, too :)

zebov
10-09-2007, 07:35 AM
I like the idea of doing something the same day, but not necessarily in the same location. How about having a sign waving event in downtown Mobile?

Trassin
10-09-2007, 07:42 AM
The one positive of showing up where Rudy will be is possible free press in the form of the news showing more Ron Paul signs than Rudy. Of course it is very important that everyone who goes understands they have to be courteous and polite at all times. Harassing Rudy, while fun, will do nothing positive for Ron Paul's campaign.

unklejman
10-09-2007, 07:44 AM
The idea is that a news crew will be there. Were not going to harass anyone. We just want to be out there with our Ron Paul Signs and t-shirts. We are doing a paint the town the night before as well. One other option is to be at the closest major intersection with our signs. Either way I'm not in charge of the meet up.

We've been having trouble lately getting participation. We were supposed to paint the town last night but only 5 of use showed up. Hopefully Giuliani being there will give people more incentive to show up. It's disappointingly really.

Ozwest
10-09-2007, 07:52 AM
Give him a big Heidi Ho!

Mortikhi
10-09-2007, 08:01 AM
You need to go there and act like Rudy supporters.

Have signs that say "Authority is Freedom'! Rudy's quote from a while back.
Chant "We need authority!" or whatever.

Other signs:
Please reduce crime by taking our guns away
Remember 9/11
Save us from the terrorists!
I'll trade my rights for security!

etc etc

Dont go as Paul supporters, but as Rudy supporters and be nuts about his most outlandish stances.

CMoore
10-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Whatssup with candidates who only have "private" fund raisers? Is he not going to make ANY public appearances where he can press the flesh? Oh and BTW, he can forget about winning Alabama. I thing Alabama is Ron Paul's if he can take it away from Fred Thompson. That is who worries me here, believe it or not.

Delivered4000
10-09-2007, 08:12 AM

Other signs:
Remember 9/11

etc etc

Dont go as Paul supporters, but as Rudy supporters and be nuts about his most outlandish stances.
INTERESTING...

unklejman
10-09-2007, 08:27 AM

Other signs:
Remember 9/11

etc etc

Now that would truly be awesome.

We would have to spend our time and resources making Rudy signs though, when we could be making Ron Paul signs.
Our job still right now is to get Ron Paul's name out. I think our energy is better spend up-lifting Paul instead of attacking Giuliani (even if it is an awesome, passive, and sarcastic way.)

Mortikhi
10-09-2007, 08:31 AM
Now that would truly be awesome.

We would have to spend our time and resources making Rudy signs though, when we could be making Ron Paul signs.
Our job still right now is to get Ron Paul's name out. I think our energy is better spend up-lifting Paul instead of attacking Giuliani (even if it is an awesome, passive, and sarcastic way.)
What would be a better use of your resources if the news crew gets there.

People asking for dictatorship in the name of supporting Rudy or people from a different camp picketing a private residence?

I think a sign asking Rudy to take our guns away on the news would make a better headline.

Or maybe split your group in quarters. 3/4 of you go nuts for Rudy and his crazy stances, and the other 1/4 stand around with smiles, be calm, and hold signs for Ron Paul. Show the media who the "nuts" are.

unklejman
10-09-2007, 08:45 AM
What would be a better use of your resources if the news crew gets there.

People asking for dictatorship in the name of supporting Rudy or people from a different camp picketing a private residence?

I think a sign asking Rudy to take our guns away on the news would make a better headline.

Or maybe split your group in quarters. 3/4 of you go nuts for Rudy and his crazy stances, and the other 1/4 stand around with smiles, be calm, and hold signs for Ron Paul. Show the media who the "nuts" are.

Hmm that could be an idea... although it may be obvious that the "Giuliani supporters" are just Ron Paul Supporters.

Although the headline would be better, wouldn't getting Ron Paul's name out more be more productive at this point? People still don't know the name.

Mortikhi
10-09-2007, 08:49 AM
I dunno. I'm just playing the numbers when it comes to hit pieces on our guy.

They will write a headline like "Paul Supporters Disrupt Neighborhood Peace" or some such crap.

I guess it all depends on how you guys do your thing outside someone's home. /shrug

Good luck with whatever you do.

itsnobody
10-09-2007, 08:52 AM
This doesn't seem good, he's at a private house, you shouldn't disturb him, but there would be no harm in putting up Ron Paul signs everywhere in that neighborhood...

unklejman
10-09-2007, 09:01 AM
Like I said, I want to look into ordinances about noise. We can just go and stand with our signs and not make any loud noise, if that is a problem. The street is public.

PrimarilyPaul
10-09-2007, 09:23 AM
Cover your cars with Ron Paul signs and paint, then park them on the street, early in the morning, in front of his house and leave them there all night. Get as many cars as you can, try to fill the entire street.

unklejman
10-12-2007, 01:55 PM
UPDATE!

Giuliani will be holding a public appearance at a local restaurant, with a Q & A session. I will be there with my video camera and hopefully other supporters. We plan on asking a question along the lines of:

"During the 1st presidential debate, there was a disagreement between yourself and Ron Paul, regarding the reason the terrorists attacked us on 9/11... The day afterwards, Ron Paul asked that you read several books, one of which was the 9/11 Commission Report that talks about one of the major reasons we were attacked was because we have been in the Middle East for many years. Have you been able to read this, or any of the other books that were on Ron Paul's reading list?"

What do you guys think? This will be in 2 hours.

Mortikhi
10-12-2007, 02:26 PM
UPDATE!

Giuliani will be holding a public appearance at a local restaurant, with a Q & A session. I will be there with my video camera and hopefully other supporters. We plan on asking a question along the lines of:

"During the 1st presidential debate, there was a disagreement between yourself and Ron Paul, regarding the reason the terrorists attacked us on 9/11... The day afterwards, Ron Paul asked that you read several books, one of which was the 9/11 Commission Report that talks about one of the major reasons we were attacked was because we have been in the Middle East for many years. Have you been able to read this, or any of the other books that were on Ron Paul's reading list?"

What do you guys think? This will be in 2 hours.
You won't get the entire question out before you are either ignored or silenced.

unklejman
10-12-2007, 02:50 PM
You won't get the entire question out before you are either ignored or silenced.

I guess we could shorten it to "Did you get a chance to read Rep. Ron Paul's reading list, including the 9-11 commission?"

If we are silenced then I will have it on video.

unklejman
10-14-2007, 10:34 PM
here is a video I put together of the events that happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnTGMeK9ZOY

james1844
10-15-2007, 12:59 AM
Ron Paul in 08' !!!!

Keep up the good work guys!

unklejman
10-15-2007, 11:49 AM
Digg link (http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_Supporters_Confront_Giuliani_In_Mobile_AL )