PDA

View Full Version : This is insane - Bernanke is a LOON...

JohnEngland
03-23-2010, 09:13 AM
I don't know if anyone else has picked up on this, but apparently Bernanke is considering eliminating fractional reserves completely:

http://www.housingwire.com/2010/03/22/bernanke-may-eliminate-reserve-requirements-completely/

Madness...

fuzzybekool
03-23-2010, 09:21 AM
What is the world is going on in America today ?

MelissaWV
03-23-2010, 09:26 AM
What is the world is going on in America today ?

People high on their own power, but aware of their mortality (the ballot box).

haaaylee
03-23-2010, 09:52 AM
w . t . f .

dannno
03-23-2010, 09:56 AM
According to the film Money as Debt there are many mechanisms whereby banks can already overcome the fractional reserve lending standards. I believe one of the examples they used threw the lending requirements onto the loan as a fee...

Sounds like Bernanke is just ending it completely.

Aratus
03-23-2010, 10:47 AM
okaaay...

loon sorta sums

this up.

Anti Federalist
03-23-2010, 11:44 AM
According to the film Money as Debt there are many mechanisms whereby banks can already overcome the fractional reserve lending standards. I believe one of the examples they used threw the lending requirements onto the loan as a fee...

Sounds like Bernanke is just ending it completely.

That was my understanding as well, that there are a number of loopholes that eliminate the reserve requirements completely.

fisharmor
03-23-2010, 11:54 AM
I don't know if anyone else has picked up on this, but apparently Bernanke is considering eliminating fractional reserves completely:

You ought to rephrase this, I think.... before I clicked through, all I could think was "well, GOOD!" Because, you know, hope for full reserve requirements springs eternal....

catdd
03-23-2010, 11:57 AM
Yeah, eliminating fractional reserve is a good thing. At first I was thinking that maybe he is bending to the pressure we are applying.