PDA

View Full Version : Cindy Sheehan and other war protesters arrested

disorderlyvision
03-22-2010, 10:29 PM
http://wjz.com/wireapnewsmd/Cindy.Sheehan.5.2.1577695.html

Activist Cindy Sheehan and five other anti-war protesters are spending the rest of the weekend in jail after being arrested outside the White House.

A total of eight people were arrested after laying coffins at a White House fence at the end of Saturday's anti-war march. Sgt. David Schlosser says two people were released, but the other six had to stay in jail because they have out-of-state addresses. They'll be arraigned Monday in D.C. Superior Court.

Of the eight people, Schlosser says four, including Sheehan, are charged with crossing a police line, and four are charged with disobeying an official order.

Sheehan, whose son was killed in Iraq in April 2004, staged a prolonged demonstration in 2005 outside then-President George W. Bush's ranch near Crawford, Texas.

Indy Vidual
03-22-2010, 11:03 PM
I forgot it was coming up; How come our people were not there?

disorderlyvision
03-22-2010, 11:34 PM

don't know, I posted about it a while back, it got zero responses

BuddyRey
03-23-2010, 01:03 AM
Sadly, other than a few people to whom the Iraq war is an issue of primary importance, I don't think many liberals are going to rush to these protesters' defense anymore. :(

freshjiva
03-23-2010, 01:17 AM
Unfortunately, a vast majority of the anti-war protesters this past weekend were self-proclaimed Communists, Marxists, and/or just plain anti-American, referring to the Founders as terrorists themselves.

I can see how one can think that way, but they're certainly not compatible with our libertarian philosophy at ALL.

BuddyRey
03-23-2010, 01:39 AM
Unfortunately, a vast majority of the anti-war protesters this past weekend were self-proclaimed Communists, Marxists, and/or just plain anti-American, referring to the Founders as terrorists themselves.

Technically, they're right about the Founders, because, in the eyes of the British crown, Washington, Jefferson et al. were terrorists, or, in Newspeak, "enemy combatants."

bunklocoempire
03-23-2010, 03:14 AM
I found it interesting that my local rag ran the "war protesters arrested" on the left side of the page, and right next to that on the right side was "Tea Party protests (Obama care)" -nothing else but those two articles on the page.

Kinda sums it up, two protests side by side in print. Keep 'em seperated.

Divide and conquer.

Oh joy if they both came together someday soon.

Bunkloco

Pepsi
03-23-2010, 03:16 AM
I think that protesting Obamacare over shadow this.

EndDaFed
03-23-2010, 05:34 AM
Cindy is the real deal. The same can't be said for the liberals that used her to gain seats in the house of congress.

Aratus
03-23-2010, 10:12 AM
the healthcare bill when looming had eclipsed the anti-war movement and people? hense this was not front page news?

silentshout
03-23-2010, 10:49 AM
I think it's sad how the left has abandoned the war protestors like Sheehan. I guess these wars are OK now that Obama is in charge.

RM918
03-23-2010, 10:50 AM
I think it's sad how the left has abandoned the war protestors like Sheehan. I guess these wars are OK now that Obama is in charge.

They've been okay with them longer than that.

HOLLYWOOD
03-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Cindy Sheehan is the REAL DEAL... I met her at the San Francisco FEDERAL RESERVE protest and she is not only intelligent, she's pretty cool person.

What the hell is this: arrested are charged with disobeying an official order

Obeying... yes the government want Obedient Protesters, Obedient Workers, Obedient Taxpayers.

Man George Carlin was so right... "they want Obedient workers, just smart enough to push the buttons and do the paperwork and willfully accept the great Red, White and Blue Dildo we shoved you their asses... Now they want your retirement money, they're coming for it, they want it all... yah know what, they'll get, they'll get it all"

catdd
03-23-2010, 12:04 PM
I'm glad to see she is nonpartisan - unlike Code Pink.

charrob
03-23-2010, 12:05 PM

my husband and i went to the pro-peace march and, after the march ended by the White House, we walked over to Capitol Hill and attended the Tea Party protesters.

We were standing right by the White House at the end of the march, but didn't see any arrests taking place; perhaps it happened after we began walking to Capitol Hill. Other than the Ron Paul Revolution march and rally in July 2008, neither of us had ever attended anything like these. Here was my experience:

1) Often i've read peace marches result in violence (which is why we were alittle timid about attending). But our experience couldn't be further from the truth. The people we met were all very friendly and the cops we saw were just traffic cops and were friendly as well. We both wore our Ron Paul tee-shirts and had about 7 people come up to us at different times and thank us for coming; some even shook our hands: they said that they had a really high opinion of him because it took real guts to stand up to the neocons. Before the march started we waited in line to use the spot-a-pots and one man, noticing my tee-shirt, said "you're for Ron Paul? --here, you take my place." It was rather comical.

There was one small group of very young teenagers there who wore red tee-shirts and carried red flags (for marxism), but the group was small-- about 8-10. The thing that bothered us the most was the 'immigrant-right' / amnesty group. Being a pro-peace march, their message was not applicable and should not have been part of this.

Overall, we estimated that it seemed about 8,000 people attended. It was very disappointing that in a country of 300 million, only 8,000 people showed up. The news outlets said it was more like 10,000, so we are probably off. For sure, it wasn't nearly as many people as what showed up for Ron Paul's 2008 march/rally.

2) After the march we began walking toward Capitol Hill-- passing the Washington Monument and Cindy Sheehan's tent (where she is living). Cindy Sheehan deserves alot of credit as she (or her group) planted over 4,000 white crosses on the lawn near the monument: one for each service member who has died so far in the wars. It was really quite a site to behold: they were perfectly, and neatly, lined up-- that required some real back-breaking work to have accomplished that.

While standing there looking at them a tourist walked by and asked us what the white crosses were for? -we told him what they represented and you could see he was really touched: he said: "that really brings it home doesn't it?" -we said that it sure does.

3) From there we walked over to Capitol Hill. By this time it was about 4:00pm to 4:30pm, so there was probably more people there earlier in the day but we estimated about 800 people. People were supposed to stay for the candlelight vigil, but we left right before it got dark. This was definitely a different crowd. We sat on a wall next to some other tea partiers and asked them if more people were there earlier-- the man said yes but that it was no where near as many as showed up for the 9/12 rally. He saw our Ron Paul teeshirts and i was a bit taken aback by his snide remark about Dr. Paul. He said last presidential election he wrote in Sarah Palin's name. At that point I almost barfed.

The group moved from the front of Congressional Hall to the back, and there were cops all over the place-- and these weren't traffic cops-- they were big brutes. But these people were extremely loud, negative, aggressive-- and although i don't agree with the health bill one bit, i distinctly did not like these people-- at least the ones we met.

So overall, we had an interesting day. Although they were all friendly and welcoming, we surely don't fit with the pro-amnesty red-flagged group. And we didn't fit with the aggressive-prone-to-violence tea party group either. I told my husband as we were walking toward the subway stop that the only group i felt at home with were Ron Paul's group in 2008; he said he felt the same.

bunklocoempire
03-23-2010, 04:51 PM
my husband and i went to the pro-peace march and, after the march ended by the White House, we walked over to Capitol Hill and attended the Tea Party protesters.

We were standing right by the White House at the end of the march, but didn't see any arrests taking place; perhaps it happened after we began walking to Capitol Hill. Other than the Ron Paul Revolution march and rally in July 2008, neither of us had ever attended anything like these. Here was my experience:

1) Often i've read peace marches result in violence (which is why we were alittle timid about attending). But our experience couldn't be further from the truth. The people we met were all very friendly and the cops we saw were just traffic cops and were friendly as well. We both wore our Ron Paul tee-shirts and had about 7 people come up to us at different times and thank us for coming; some even shook our hands: they said that they had a really high opinion of him because it took real guts to stand up to the neocons. Before the march started we waited in line to use the spot-a-pots and one man, noticing my tee-shirt, said "you're for Ron Paul? --here, you take my place." It was rather comical.

There was one small group of very young teenagers there who wore red tee-shirts and carried red flags (for marxism), but the group was small-- about 8-10. The thing that bothered us the most was the 'immigrant-right' / amnesty group. Being a pro-peace march, their message was not applicable and should not have been part of this.

Overall, we estimated that it seemed about 8,000 people attended. It was very disappointing that in a country of 300 million, only 8,000 people showed up. The news outlets said it was more like 10,000, so we are probably off. For sure, it wasn't nearly as many people as what showed up for Ron Paul's 2008 march/rally.

2) After the march we began walking toward Capitol Hill-- passing the Washington Monument and Cindy Sheehan's tent (where she is living). Cindy Sheehan deserves alot of credit as she (or her group) planted over 4,000 white crosses on the lawn near the monument: one for each service member who has died so far in the wars. It was really quite a site to behold: they were perfectly, and neatly, lined up-- that required some real back-breaking work to have accomplished that.

While standing there looking at them a tourist walked by and asked us what the white crosses were for? -we told him what they represented and you could see he was really touched: he said: "that really brings it home doesn't it?" -we said that it sure does.

3) From there we walked over to Capitol Hill. By this time it was about 4:00pm to 4:30pm, so there was probably more people there earlier in the day but we estimated about 800 people. People were supposed to stay for the candlelight vigil, but we left right before it got dark. This was definitely a different crowd. We sat on a wall next to some other tea partiers and asked them if more people were there earlier-- the man said yes but that it was no where near as many as showed up for the 9/12 rally. He saw our Ron Paul teeshirts and i was a bit taken aback by his snide remark about Dr. Paul. He said last presidential election he wrote in Sarah Palin's name. At that point I almost barfed.

The group moved from the front of Congressional Hall to the back, and there were cops all over the place-- and these weren't traffic cops-- they were big brutes. But these people were extremely loud, negative, aggressive-- and although i don't agree with the health bill one bit, i distinctly did not like these people-- at least the ones we met.

So overall, we had an interesting day. Although they were all friendly and welcoming, we surely don't fit with the pro-amnesty red-flagged group. And we didn't fit with the aggressive-prone-to-violence tea party group either. I told my husband as we were walking toward the subway stop that the only group i felt at home with were Ron Paul's group in 2008; he said he felt the same.

Thank you for your report.:)

Bunkloco

ChaosControl
03-23-2010, 05:04 PM
Good for her for continuing her efforts and not being like a lot of the hacks who just went back to their little holes once their chosen one was in office. They all loved her then, now they hate her since she isn't being your typical partisan hack.