PDA

View Full Version : Best Part Of The Debate

dude58677
06-06-2007, 09:35 PM
Was when Ron Paul was asked about "Don't ask, Don't tell" and he said that we should not look at people as groups but as individuals with rights endowed by our creator. The crowd got up and cheered(men, women, blacks, etc) together. You could tell looking at Wolf Blitzers face that Wolf knew Ron Paul was right. He united everyone with this argument, totally demolished Hiliary Clinton's and Barack Obama's sales pitch, and changed the dynamics of the Civil Rights debate that was going on for the last 100 years in America. This point he made was just as dramatic as his statement on blowback.

manuel
06-06-2007, 09:39 PM
He did a great a job explaining how we don't derive our rights for collective groups. That really was a great answer.

SeanEdwards
06-06-2007, 09:40 PM
I totally agree. I thought that was the standout moment of the debate, and it really showed the power of Paul's message of individual liberty. Immediately after Paul's statement some of the other candidates started trying to co-opt what he said too.

lucky
06-06-2007, 09:43 PM
The best part was at the end and the he was finally allowed to answer the "Moral" part.

His standing at the front of the stage and denouncing the others advocating the Preemptive war philosophy and then saying that even they went further and advocated the use of preemptive Tactical Nukes against Iran was the most awesome point of the debate for me. The other candidates looked speechless and were. Very powerful and I suggest others go back and see it.

In fact someone should make a youtube of the candidates that was talking War and the use of Nukes and end it with that part of Ron Paul saying that. It would be so powerful with the right music. It would also be the link I would place in the military forums I have been revisiting lately and may get them to see things differently.

HippyChimp
06-06-2007, 09:45 PM
Dr. Paul might not be getting much time, but he is, without a doubt, making the best of what they give him. This Ron Paul revolution is getting better every day!

Gimme Some Truth
06-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Both were very powerful indeed.

I tend to agree with the OP ,that RP's answer to the "dont ask dont tell" debate was the standout moment.

Really the only things that really standout from the debate (apart from the atrocious corporate favourtism) were those 2 answers from Ron aswell as McCains 'apology' to the woman who lost her brother in the war...however fake and premeditated it was.

lucky
06-06-2007, 09:56 PM
The other was a great moment indeed. Just the Moral one to me was important because I was in the military and it was so frightening to think of using nukes. We did train for it but the main thing it showed was he had "Bitched" slapped the others so well and in front of them and not a damn thing they could do or say in response.