PDA

View Full Version : Something very different in Congress this evening...

tangent4ronpaul
03-22-2010, 07:55 PM
I've been watching C-SPAN for 8-10 years and tonight 2 things happened that I've never seen before.

1) Congress is talking non-stop about a bill that has passed. Yes, the health care bill, whats in it and how to get rid of it now that it's passed. I have NEVER seen a congress critter ever mention a bill after it's been voted on.

2) Rep Ted Poe called for a Constitutional Convention to stop this bill. First time I've ever heard a Congress Critter call for a Con Con.

WOW!

This is definitely NOT over!

-t

Number19
03-22-2010, 08:07 PM
Tomorrow, immediately after Obama signs the bill, a coalition of states will be filing a Constitutional challenge in the federal courts, in Florida. This will be fast tracked to the Supreme Court. The chances are extremely good that the current Court will overturn the misuse of the Commerce Clause to justify the power to pass this legislation. No, it is definitely not over.

Michigan11
03-22-2010, 08:08 PM
The people aren't going to put up with that ass clown show, we saw the other night. This congress is illegal.

Juan McCain
03-22-2010, 08:24 PM
http://cspan.org/Watch/C-SPAN.aspx

Talking about the Executive Order as well . . . on now.

TheTyke
03-22-2010, 08:36 PM
We do NOT want a con-con in their hands. They will use this expansion of government as an opportunity to justify even more! Just like the chaos the government caused was used to justify TARP and "stimulus" and government controlled health care!

I'm all for repealing the health care takeover, and I'm glad it will be a big issue. I hope we continue to push for this. But be sure to look at what they'll try to use it for... Republicans want to use it to take over the government again, and make people forget what they've done. and will juice it for all its worth.

On Facebook, people are singing the praises of John Boehner for his opposition to the health care takeover and stimulus.... do you remember that he PUSHED for the government TARP bailout?!?! They're just PLAYING us... don't ever forget that.

YouTube - CSPAN Sep 29 08 Boehner on TARP Bill (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZ-70rQD19M)

tpreitzel
03-22-2010, 08:46 PM
Yep, always look at the proposed solutions to problems CREATED by government in the first place. What's the effect? Ever increasing power centralized in Washington, DC which will eventually be transferred to the UN.

TheTyke
03-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm just urging caution. We've already discussed how dangerous a con-con is on other threads.

Something big is going on in this country, and we can use it to bring our candidates into office and make some real repairs. I believe we're positioned to do that better than at any time in recent past... but it will only work if we see what they're trying to do and keep pushing for what WE want, and stay independent!

Michigan11
03-22-2010, 09:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, I'm just urging caution. We've already discussed how dangerous a con-con is on other threads.

Something big is going on in this country, and we can use it to bring our candidates into office and make some real repairs. I believe we're positioned to do that better than at any time in recent past... but it will only work if we see what they're trying to do and keep pushing for what WE want, and stay independent!

yep... +1