PDA

View Full Version : Have you converted somebody to be a RP supporter?

peruvianRP
06-06-2007, 09:30 PM
I just stopped talking to one of my friends I talked about convincing to vote for RP. He at first said that RP would not win because RP was too truhful... after a while and few you tubes videos of RP..he was convinced that RP is the man.

DjLoTi
06-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Yes.. I think I've converted about 6 people. :-)

JoshLowry
06-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Yes.. I think I've converted about 6 people. :-)

What about the butterfly effect of your signs you posted. :p

I passed out nearly 200 flyers/business cards from our last two 'traffic jams' in Houston. Every little bit counts.

DjLoTi
06-06-2007, 09:45 PM
What about the butterfly effect of your signs you posted. :p

:-D Actually, I've probalby done a lot more. Most of my support has been done online. I'd probalby say I've really reached about 50 or so people, with probalby another 20 non-Americans in Europe. lol

:-) But I would say I've reached maybe 6-10, maybe up to 20 complete or nearly complete strangers

Suzu
06-06-2007, 09:46 PM
For the last few months I've been talking to various friends and acquaintances off and on for short periods of time, in passing and in the course of normal conversation with them where I've managed to find a ripe opening to mention Ron Paul. Many of them hadn't heard of him or had various reasons for not wanting to even think of another Republican president.

One older gentleman, a rancher, who I originally started talking to about opposing the NAIS, was 110% committed to Hillary Clinton in the beginning. I asked him then, "How come you like her? Do you think it would be like having Bill Clinton in charge again?" and he said yes to that, and I gave him some information about Ron Paul, which he later responded to by saying, "I don't care what any Republican says, they are all liars and will say anything to get elected, then do the opposite. I will never vote for another Republican as long as I live."

Well, since then I've shown him a few short videos of Ron Paul and gave him a DVD of The Clinton Chronicles, and encouraged him to watch all the debates and Ron Paul appearances on cable TV programs. In spite of this, he remained chilly about the idea of voting Republican again.

So imagine my amazement when he phoned about 45 minutes into the debate last night (and I hadn't remembered to remind him to watch it) to complain that Ron Paul hadn't been asked a single question yet! He also said he had watched the Democrat debate Sunday night and now feels that there isn't a single candidate he would consider voting for EXCEPT RON PAUL.

The next step for this man is talking to his friends and family about his new passion -- and he has a huge network.

Do not underestimate the importance of persistently talking about Ron Paul to everyone you know, whenever there is a chance to do so. Each person you "convert" is going to do the same with others, who are going to replicate your efforts.

Each of us needs to prove -- to ourselves first of all -- that closed-minded people can be persuaded to support Ron Paul. Each such conversion will reinforce your determination and make you more effective. A big success is entirely possible!

TheConstitutionLives
06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I've converted probably atleast 10

lucky
06-06-2007, 09:49 PM
I have converted a few and who knows how many more. I plan on converting many more and will expect them to do even more. After I get home I plan on going to a Bar be que and discussing RP. Wish I was more literate. I asked for signs and stickers from the campaign but was promised a bumper sticker after they verify my donation. I am planning on downloading the flyers from the ronpaul08 site and handing them out from coast to coast as I travel.

tnvoter
06-06-2007, 09:50 PM
My immediate family, and best friend so far.

DjLoTi
06-06-2007, 09:50 PM
Do not underestimate the importance of persistently talking about Ron Paul to everyone you know, whenever there is a chance to do so.

Every time I call T-mobile to discuss my account, I always talk about RP to the phone operator I talk to.

I have a way with the phone operators, though. Seriously. I've picked up like 4 bank chicks over the phone. lol. And no I don't have tons of money. lol

I suggest this too. But.. I'm very friendly and laid-back. I can get away with it. :P Just throwing it out though... :)

PineGroveDave
06-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I know I have.

hambone1982
06-06-2007, 11:02 PM
Yep. My mom (democrat), my dad (republican), and two co-workers. I'm working on my boss now.

joshdvm
06-07-2007, 12:22 AM
This is a great thread topic.

I am the MASTER of SUCK when it comes to selling liberty so I'm afraid to open my mouth about Ron because I don't want anyone voting against him.

Please help me out.

When someone asks, "Who's Ron Paul?" what do you say?

dwdollar
06-07-2007, 12:25 AM
This is a great thread topic.

I am the MASTER of SUCK when it comes to selling liberty so I'm afraid to open my mouth about Ron because I don't want anyone voting against him.

Please help me out.

When someone asks, "Who's Ron Paul?" what do you say?

Just be honest. Even if it is a few words it's ok. Alot of people distrust salesman tactics anyway.

angrydragon
06-07-2007, 12:30 AM
Just tell them Ron's for individual liberty, less taxes and less government and has a proven record of it for many years. Rated as a taxpayers best friend by the NTU for many terms as a congressman.

kylejack
06-07-2007, 12:50 AM
For the last few months I've been talking to various friends and acquaintances off and on for short periods of time, in passing and in the course of normal conversation with them where I've managed to find a ripe opening to mention Ron Paul. Many of them hadn't heard of him or had various reasons for not wanting to even think of another Republican president.

One older gentleman, a rancher, who I originally started talking to about opposing the NAIS, was 110% committed to Hillary Clinton in the beginning. I asked him then, "How come you like her? Do you think it would be like having Bill Clinton in charge again?" and he said yes to that, and I gave him some information about Ron Paul, which he later responded to by saying, "I don't care what any Republican says, they are all liars and will say anything to get elected, then do the opposite. I will never vote for another Republican as long as I live."

Well, since then I've shown him a few short videos of Ron Paul and gave him a DVD of The Clinton Chronicles, and encouraged him to watch all the debates and Ron Paul appearances on cable TV programs. In spite of this, he remained chilly about the idea of voting Republican again.

So imagine my amazement when he phoned about 45 minutes into the debate last night (and I hadn't remembered to remind him to watch it) to complain that Ron Paul hadn't been asked a single question yet! He also said he had watched the Democrat debate Sunday night and now feels that there isn't a single candidate he would consider voting for EXCEPT RON PAUL.

The next step for this man is talking to his friends and family about his new passion -- and he has a huge network.

Do not underestimate the importance of persistently talking about Ron Paul to everyone you know, whenever there is a chance to do so. Each person you "convert" is going to do the same with others, who are going to replicate your efforts.

Each of us needs to prove -- to ourselves first of all -- that closed-minded people can be persuaded to support Ron Paul. Each such conversion will reinforce your determination and make you more effective. A big success is entirely possible!

Suzu, here's some stuff for him: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2HdmcZrDKyQ

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul326.html

jimmyjamsslo
06-07-2007, 01:59 AM
I recruited a middle aged co-worker, Dennis, who used to canvas the streets to register people to vote Democrat. He says he'll canvas for Ron Paul.

A couple of my very liberal environmentalists friends, Marla and Rich, are warming up to him, since I keep playing youtube clips and re-reading small RP speeches for them.

Also, my Americanized Egyptian friend, Ahmed, a promoter who knows lots of people, and his very liberal friend, Greg, are interested and spreading the word.

I also got Ahmed's American wife definitely interested, she said she will vote for RP in the primaries. She even told one of her elderly care clients that she was going for a Republican this time. He was a Bush supporter who recently revealed to her that he thought that the war was going badly.

Finally, a know-it-all sort, Larry, a customer from my coffee shop, is spreading the word, after I informed him of RP's entry into the race.

It's pretty easy, usually a printed speech and a few YouTube video clips, and voila!

ronpaulnation
06-07-2007, 02:09 AM
If anyone has any trouble describing how to get people interested
in ron paul and instead want a catchy alternative forward them to http://www.FreeMe.TV it has the same impact as showing them youtube but they dont have to do anything after the videos start playing, so they get the message from different sources, there's also some comedy and amusement videos mixed in.

Recently Updated;

http://www.FreeMe.TV

Craig_R
06-07-2007, 03:52 AM
but I cant say it was me , it was actually the message and Rons courage to live it. I mention RP to EVERYONE I talk to. I usually start with something like gas prices, then I say if the government werent regulating our domestic oil industry to death and taxing us on the gas and subsidizing the ethenol they regulated to be in it, it would be pretty cheap. Then of course I say something to the effect of I hope we get Ron Paul into office so he can get the government off our backs. ;)

One guy at work who has no idea whats going on in the world , doesnt watch news, doesnt read papers, is proud he never votes (yeah he's an idiot) was totally opposed to even hearing anything political. So, I had to bring out the big guns. I said to him "So you Like paying income taxes?" lol now he's gonna be voting for paul in the primary as the first vote in his life.

If you talk to people you'll find Pauls message has an answer to thier probelms, all you need to do is present it (and convince them he's not a lying neocon republican) and let pauls record show them he's for real.

voteronpaul08
06-07-2007, 04:19 AM
My mother, father, brother-in law, girlfriend, brother, almost all of my immediate family that was a really far LEFT NYS liberal. Go figure!!! ;)

I find it so easy to talk and covert people over to Ron. All I do is listen to them. They always tell me what to say! Just like the guy above who mentioned the guy who never voted. People will tell you how to close them. Ron apeals to everyone. We just have to remember that not all of Ron's issues apeal to everyone. Find the HOT button of that person and once the feed into the online videos etc they cannot help but vote for Mr. Freedom Ron Paul!

JaylieWoW
06-07-2007, 07:37 AM
I have a rather uphill battle with discussing Ron Paul. I live in Birmingham, Alabama which, though a very conservative state, I think we have more than our fair share of "neo-cons". Nearly all of our conservative radio talk show hosts are pro-war. I've been working on two of them via email, but have not received a message back from either.

Other than that, I talk to anyone and everyone who brings up the subject of the war, immigration and health care.

One such conversation happened at work with someone I've been plugging Ron Paul to. She likes him but she's for the war. Well, yesterday in the lunch room we were talking about the debates and Ron Paul's stance on the war. She made the typical (got it from the neo-con statement) that we HAD to be in Iraq because if we didn't fight them over there then they would be over here so I brought up JFK. Her response was, "see, that's why we HAVE to be over there". I pointed out that she'd just stated that we were fighting in Iraq so they WOULDN'T be over here so if its really working, the fight them there so they don't come here, how come we've had two botched attempts at terrorism?

At first she looked at me with a blank expression on her face. (There was also another person in the lunch room who was nodding the whole time I was talking). It would have almost been funny if it weren't so pathetic. But, after her brain absorbed what I'd just said she looked at me and said, "ya know, maybe it ISN'T working".

After that she changed the subject. Which, brings me to my point. You may say things people don't agree with regarding Iraq. However, don't expect someone to just have an epiphony right then and there. Gradually overcome them with their own reasoning and logic. Slowly but surely, even if they DON'T decide to vote for Ron Paul, they're going to be much more careful about accepting what we are told is best to do in Iraq. Heck, they may even go so far as to form their own opinions. :D

Patrick Henry
06-07-2007, 07:40 AM
I have converted about 6 people so far. I am now working on my girlfriends father.

Dunnomatic
06-07-2007, 07:42 AM
My wife does not usually follow politics much at all and I've been getting her to watch Ron Paul interviews and the debate a few days ago as well as read up on him via the internet. She almost instantly had a "Wow this guy thinks the same way I do." type of response and for the first time since I've known her she's show interest not just in politics but a specific politician.