PDA

View Full Version : Have Europeans and Canadian's developed Stockholm Syndrome?

Vessol
03-22-2010, 12:22 PM
It definitely seems like that. When before I had a good many European and Canadian friends whom always talked bad about their healthcare system and how much they hated it and all the extra taxes,

Now that NHC has passed here, all they have done is gush how much they love their NHC system and how lucky we Americans are to now join the modern world.

What happened?

Fox McCloud
03-22-2010, 12:49 PM
It definitely seems like that. When before I had a good many European and Canadian friends whom always talked bad about their healthcare system and how much they hated it and all the extra taxes,

Now that NHC has passed here, all they have done is gush how much they love their NHC system and how lucky we Americans are to now join the modern world.

What happened?

people get used to the status quo, after a while....once a single generation is used to a government system or institution, it's nearly impossible to repeal it; they'll defend it without really knowing if doing so is good or bad, simply because of the fact that it's "always been here", so they naturally assume it has to be a good thing.

For example, mark my words, 5-15 years down the road, we'll be having a debate for single-payer or pseudo single-payer....Republicans and Democrats both will not discuss how the previous legislation led us to this current situation and how things need to be repealed, it'll merely be "well, we need to work within this current system and just make this better, or expand government in this direction to help".

Government always expands, given its natural tendencies.

Dunedain
03-22-2010, 12:57 PM

What happened?

Canadians used to respect and even admire Americans. After Bush and all the warmongering and bombast of the last Republican administration Canadians rightly have come to wonder what the heck is wrong with us. Now that Obama has come along to give us salavation for our sins against the God of Egalitarianism (i.e. slavery) Canadians are so proud to have a healthcare system that Obama envies.

hugolp
03-24-2010, 05:40 AM
Yes.

tangent4ronpaul
03-24-2010, 06:08 AM
Canadians used to respect and even admire Americans. After Bush and all the warmongering and bombast of the last Republican administration Canadians rightly have come to wonder what the heck is wrong with us. Now that Obama has come along to give us salavation for our sins against the God of Egalitarianism (i.e. slavery) Canadians are so proud to have a healthcare system that Obama envies.

Actually, the Canadian health care system comes in arround 3rd or 4th most exensive in the world. We are first. Canada has realized, even with their advantages like negotiation drug prices, that their system costs too much and delivers too little so they are working on revamping it.

MASS, who has the largest doctor to patient ration in the country is finding their mandated health insurence is bankrupting the state. Wait times to see a doc have grown to months, they are looking at having to close down a major hospital and after forcing everyone to get insurence, they kicked off all non-us born citizens because it was too expensive.

For some odd reason the liberal media doesn't talk too much about this...

-t