PDA

View Full Version : Walter Jones for BJ Lawson

Jeremy
03-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Dear Friend,

I just spent a long weekend fighting against a massive tax increase masquerading as health care reform, and trying to prevent what remains of the doctor-patient relationship from being sacrificed to government and special interests. It should be clear that now, more than ever, we need more principled physicians in Washington.

Please save the date of April 9, 2010 for a special event in Apex, North Carolina -- I will be speaking at a campaign fundraiser for my good friend and Republican candidate in North Carolina's 4th District, William (B.J.) Lawson.

I met B.J. during his 2008 campaign to unseat his 24-year Democratic incumbent David Price. His grassroots campaign gave out 50,000 copies of our United States Constitution, raised over $500,000 from individual donors across the country, and staffed every polling place in a district gerrymandered for his opponent.

Most importantly, however, I came to know B.J. as a principled and committed American who shares my deep concern about the future we are leaving to our children. I was pleased to recognize his campaign, and his family's sacrifice, by presenting B.J. and his wife JoLynn with the 2009 Walter Jones Campus Defender of Freedom Award on behalf of the Duke College Republicans.

While the votes he earned in 2008 were not enough to win, he earned more votes than any prior challenger and will be joining me in Washington if you can help him turn out his voters again in 2010.

B.J. is an engineer and physician by training, and a healthcare software entrepreneur by profession. He understands the challenges of creating and growing a business as we tax and regulate our jobs offshore. He understands how we need to reform our health care system by giving it back to patients and providers, instead of completing a takeover by government bureaucrats. He shares my desire for a strong national defense, which is increasingly threatened as we head towards national insolvency.

B.J. needs your support immediately as he works to win a primary election on May 4th. Please join me in supporting his campaign in any way you can, and I hope you can join us in Apex on April 9th.

Sincerely,
Walter B. Jones
Congressman Walter B. Jones
North Carolina's 3rd District

FreedomRings
03-22-2010, 11:32 AM
That's a great letter!

But why didn't Ron Paul endorse BJ Lawson this year?

dr. hfn
03-22-2010, 11:39 AM
we need to set up a moneybomb for BJ

GunnyFreedom
03-22-2010, 11:40 AM
This needs to be sent to RandysRight

Nathan Hale
03-22-2010, 12:28 PM
Nice endorsement!

erowe1
03-22-2010, 03:36 PM
But why didn't Ron Paul endorse BJ Lawson this year?

Do you just mean that he hasn't officially endorsed him yet?

Or do you mean that he's definitely not going to endorse him this year?

If the former, then I don't think it means anything. If the latter, then how do you know it's the case?

Kotin
03-22-2010, 04:05 PM
thats great!!

Michigan11
03-22-2010, 05:59 PM
While the votes he earned in 2008 were not enough to win, he earned more votes than any prior challenger and will be joining me in Washington if you can help him turn out his voters again in 2010.

This, we need to get this guy in, a moneybomb and emails out to all his supporters, via Ron Paul's mailing list can do it. Let's keep getting the word out and help them out. Great letter...

FreedomRings
03-23-2010, 01:43 AM
Do you just mean that he hasn't officially endorsed him yet?

Or do you mean that he's definitely not going to endorse him this year?

If the former, then I don't think it means anything. If the latter, then how do you know it's the case?

I meant that he hasn't officially endorsed him yet... the primaries are only a few weeks away so I hope it will happen soon. :)

Nathan Hale
03-23-2010, 06:33 AM
I meant that he hasn't officially endorsed him yet... the primaries are only a few weeks away so I hope it will happen soon. :)

To be honest, I'd rather he get endorsed by Rand Paul at this point.