PDA

View Full Version : AIPAC, Powerful Lobby On Israeli Issues, Is Target Of Fake News Release

LibertyWorker
03-22-2010, 08:32 AM
A bogus news release that claimed the American Israel Public Affairs Committee had called on Israel "to immediately freeze new settlement projects" led to a incorrect report on NPR's newscast this morning.

Nice to see people starting to use some of AIPAC's own tricks against them.:)

Link to story (http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/21cc1r/www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way/2010/03/israel_aipac_settlements_jerus.html?ft=1&f=103943429/r:t)

Inflation
03-22-2010, 11:38 PM
LOL!

That's awesome.

The timing of the joke, as Obama's crony becomes AIPAC's boss, is too perfect.

Inkblots
03-22-2010, 11:48 PM
Now, I don't think we should applaud this type of trickery. There's nothing wrong with free advocacy in the open marketplace of ideas, and even if we disagree with someones position, surely we can all agree their arguments should be allowed to be put forth without disruption and disinformation, ne?

Imagine if someone put out a fake C4L press release, say, endorsing the banking reform legislation? I'd be pretty ticked, wouldn't you?

pcosmar
03-23-2010, 12:10 AM
Now, I don't think we should applaud this type of trickery. There's nothing wrong with free advocacy in the open marketplace of ideas, and even if we disagree with someones position, surely we can all agree their arguments should be allowed to be put forth without disruption and disinformation, ne?

Imagine if someone put out a fake C4L press release, say, endorsing the banking reform legislation? I'd be pretty ticked, wouldn't you?

:rolleyes:
turn about is fair play.

Inkblots
03-23-2010, 12:12 AM
:rolleyes:
turn about is fair play.

Has AIPAC done this sort of thing to someone else? Is that what you mean?

pcosmar
03-23-2010, 12:27 AM
Has AIPAC done this sort of thing to someone else? Is that what you mean?
Releasing disinformation?
Or is outright spying, manipulating, and bribery considered above board to you. :confused:

Inflation
03-23-2010, 12:41 AM

No, I would be amused if anyone fell for such a ridiculous idea.

It's like an April Fool's joke, I don't mind falling for them and think they're funny.

If nothing else it's satire, a highly protected form of speech.

In this case, media incompetence was exposed, which is in the public interest.

AIPAC has no public credibility to lose; they were already a laughingstock and exposed as a den of spies, traitors, and villains.

Congresswoman Harman and AIPAC: “This conversation doesn't exist"

Harman was recorded saying she would “waddle into” the AIPAC case “if you think it’ll make a difference,” according to two former senior national security officials familiar with the NSA transcript. In exchange for Harman’s help, the sources said, the suspected Israeli agent pledged to help lobby Nancy Pelosi , D-Calif., then-House minority leader, to appoint Harman chair of the Intelligence Committee after the 2006 elections, which the Democrats were heavily favored to win.

Seemingly wary of what she had just agreed to, according to an official who read the NSA transcript, Harman hung up after saying, “This conversation doesn’t exist.”