PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Doctors that support Medicaide?

Elwar
03-22-2010, 07:01 AM
How effective would it be to start a boycott of doctors that provide support for Medicaide patients?

Is there a way to stop going to certain doctors in order to make them refuse all government insured patients? Can doctors even refuse such patients?

I do a search for doctors in my area and a lot of them are listed as "Provider may also participate in state Medicaid". I already tend to avoid those doctors just because it seems like they tend to be of lower quality anyway.

Just a thought.

MelissaWV
03-22-2010, 07:07 AM
How effective would it be to start a boycott of doctors that provide support for Medicaide patients?

Is there a way to stop going to certain doctors in order to make them refuse all government insured patients? Can doctors even refuse such patients?

I do a search for doctors in my area and a lot of them are listed as "Provider may also participate in state Medicaid". I already tend to avoid those doctors just because it seems like they tend to be of lower quality anyway.

Just a thought.

I'm fairly sure he does take Medicaid (because a lot of his older patients have been life-long, and that's what they have now, and he certainly doesn't want to abandon them), but my doctor doesn't have malpractice insurance. It's right there on a nice big sign in his lobby, and there are forms one must sign before being seen at all. The costs are predictably less, and he's nearly always booked (but I've never had him be late for an appointment with me; he makes time for each and every patient).

slothman
03-22-2010, 09:08 AM
The problem with that is that the people who do
have medicaid won't have as many doctors to choose from.