PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Is The only Representative Who Has Successfully Networked Nationally.

michaelwise
03-22-2010, 02:15 AM
Let me repeat that.
Ron Paul Is The only Representative of the House of Representatives Who Has Successfully Networked Nationally.

Most politicians are only concerned with being popular in their district. They do not realize the decisions they make not only affect the people in their own district, those decisions also affect all the other people in the rest of the country. Most politicians only entertain phone calls and e-mails from people in their own district. They ignore correspondence from people outside it. Ron Paul takes into consideration all of the rest of the people who live in our country when he votes.

Isn't it amazing how Ron Paul has gained the love of people who live all over our nation? His office doesn't get many nasty phone calls. Maybe that's why Dr. Paul is the happiest person in congress. How is a 74 year old man able to network like no other human being on Earth? And I do mean on the planet Earth. People all over the world know and love Ron Paul. Don't take my word for it. Google Ron Paul and any other country name out there and you will find amazing articles on the man like no other politician on the planet. So How does he do it?

Surely Dr. Paul didn't grow up with a I-Pod or a cell phone attached to his head. That didn't happen till he was at least 55. How you teach an old dog new tricks is pretty difficult. My mother is 72 and I am constantly going over there and fixing the TV because she pushed a button she wasn't supposed to on the set, or reseting a myriad of other gadgets in her house that somehow got out of whack. I'm constantly talking her out of getting a cell phone that some of her friends have. My mother wouldn't know the first thing about a computer, but she sure can cook, God bless her soul. Just trying to save myself a little bit of extra work there.

How did Ron Paul master Twitter, FaceBook, and all those other social networking sites out there to get the love of literally millions of people all over the planet? I mean, learning all this Internet business is not easy when you're that old.

Can some one help me out here, how this politician named Ron Paul did it? Maybe he could sell his formula to the rest of the other politicians so they could also get the kind of love Paul gets. It is better to be loved globally than locally only.

MN Patriot
03-22-2010, 05:40 AM
He has a national following of libertarians, thanks to his run for president for the LP in 1988. Around 1995 Ron sent campaign material to the mailing lists of libertarian magazines like Reason, Liberty, etc. Since libertarians tend to be techies, he (his campaign team) has been able to utilize the internet quite well. I'm not a Ron Paul insider, just speaking from my observations.
Plus he sends out nice Christmas cards from his family. Kind of a personal touch.

cpike
03-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Ron's on Twitter? I know C4L is, but didn't think Paul is.

ctiger2
03-22-2010, 08:50 AM
http://maplight.org/sites/all/modules/map/remote-control/405.jpg

michaelwise
03-22-2010, 04:17 PM
http://maplight.org/sites/all/modules/map/remote-control/405.jpgWow. That's quite a map of lovin. Forget the social networking skills of Dr. Paul and all that's worth for a minute. What about the message? Does that have something to do with it?

michaelwise
03-22-2010, 04:22 PM
If someone hear could reprint this thread over at DP, I would appreciate it. I'm banned over there.

michaelwise
03-22-2010, 04:51 PM
If someone hear could reprint this thread over at DP, I would appreciate it. I'm banned over there.
This country will self destruct in 180 days.

michaelwise
03-22-2010, 07:06 PM
You would think people in congress would love to be loved like Ron Paul is loved.

Koz
03-22-2010, 07:12 PM
It's both the message and the messenger. We are blessed with Dr. Paul, too bad there are not more like him.

Agorism
03-22-2010, 07:14 PM
If you become a yes-man congressman for the party you will make MILLIONS most likely...at least if you work at it.

All the lobbyists are former congressmen or relatives who know the ins and outs.

The temptation is overwhelming. This is why career politicians are so dangerous. We need congressman who have some other career path other than just being a politician.