PDA

View Full Version : 12 mil an unrealistic goal?

starless
10-09-2007, 03:34 AM
I can't help but worry when I see our fundraising totals so far. Should the goal have been a little more reasonable, say 8 million? That would still be absolutely remarkable... I'm worried that people will get discouraged if we don't make the 12 and the MSM will be able to claim that we are unable to meet our goals. :(

Pete
10-09-2007, 03:39 AM
http://ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=23603

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 03:42 AM
All I have to say, is that all those people who have their panties in a bunch over the thought of Paul accepting matching funds, dang sure better max out their donation and convert scores of others to this campaign to do likewise!

JosephTheLibertarian
10-09-2007, 03:45 AM
I can't help but worry when I see our fundraising totals so far. Should the goal have been a little more reasonable, say 8 million? That would still be absolutely remarkable... I'm worried that people will get discouraged if we don't make the 12 and the MSM will be able to claim that we are unable to meet our goals. :(

this total does not count in mailed in funds and fund raiser events. If you count both, it's safe to say he's near his first Q4 million

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 04:05 AM
this total does not count in mailed in funds and fund raiser events. If you count both, it's safe to say he's near his first Q4 million

I don't know how you're coming up with that??

RonPaulGetsIt
10-09-2007, 04:15 AM

How do you know? I'm not saying it is otherwise, but I haven't seen that anywhere. I was under the impression that the fund raisers usually are regular donators who usually do it online and print out their confirmations for admittance.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-09-2007, 04:23 AM
How do you know? I'm not saying it is otherwise, but I haven't seen that anywhere. I was under the impression that the fund raisers usually are regular donators who usually do it online and print out their confirmations for admittance.

Ron Paul's own fund raiser events

LibertyEagle
10-09-2007, 04:23 AM
So, you think he has raised 400K to 500K thus far in October from fundraisers? I doubt it.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-09-2007, 04:24 AM
So, you think he has raised 400K to 500K thus far in October from fundraisers? I doubt it.

I know he had one dinner this month that netted like $150,000 or so

SouthernGuy15
10-09-2007, 04:26 AM
It is not an unrealistic goal at all. The average donation has been 40-50 dollars. Just imagine if the average person who has made a donation realized not having to pay the income tax would be worth much, much more than that!

If people would start digging deep we could easily hit our goal.

JosephTheLibertarian
10-09-2007, 04:27 AM
I predict a boost after this debate

Thunderbolt
10-09-2007, 05:04 AM

ditto

tfelice
10-09-2007, 05:07 AM

Agreed. This debate is going to be watched by a whole slew of people who haven't watched a debate yet. The CNBC audience is a much different audience than CNN or FOX. It's a shame though that they are letting Chris Matthews moderate. They should have went with one of their own and picked Larry Kudlow.

rich34
10-09-2007, 06:54 AM
Things will pick up again once we start getting close to the end of the year. I know we shouldn't wait that long, but that's just how it is. I'm hoping that Christimas money doesn't dampen Ron's total since he's getting all of his money from hard working individuals.

anewvoice
10-09-2007, 07:01 AM
For those that still get me an xmas present, I'm asking for them to give a donation instead.

Also, I think it's easier for people to digest in smaller chunks. Check these 2 pledges.

http://www.pledgebank.com/100-for-rp-0ct13

http://www.pledgebank.com/32-for-rp-0ct13

aunt_shoes
10-09-2007, 07:50 AM
We just need to look at this broken down by state. The more populated or higher income states would raise more than others.

In TN we figure we just need to raise $2300 per county to do our part. That's just 1 new person maxing out per county or 100 people giving $23. Obviously all our counties aren't equal, but this puts it in perspective.

The campaign wouldn't have put it so out there if it wasn't such a reasonable goal.

So, don't be worrying about the big number, just be concerned that your state or district or county does its part.

BillyDkid
10-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Like many people I need to wait until payday - Friday for me - to donate again. I can not stress enough the importance of the campaign making serious effort to reach more people. Those of us who have given a fair amount need to see more people getting on board. I would like to think that all the people who have submitted their pics to the online rally have contributed something by now. Our power will come from numbers - not from a few thousand of us maxing out. I assume a serious effort is underway to make serious use of the 3rd quarter windfall. There are still many people, believe it or not, who have not yet heard of Ron Paul and still many more who know nothing about him. They have serious money now and there is no excuse for people not knowing about Ron Paul. We did our part with the big donation drive and we will continue to do our part - but it is up to them to start to bolster name recognition and such. We started the ball rolling and it is up them to turn it into a snowball.

ronpaulfan
10-09-2007, 08:14 AM
I went all out at the end of September so I'm waiting until I get paid again, but, I'll probably donate after watching the debates today. I'll also probably donate a little more if I see another good YouTube video. Also, I'll probably donate more if I see a Ron Paul sign or bumper sticker.....fuck it, I'm going to donate some right now. RON PAUL 08!!! :D

Shellshock1918
10-09-2007, 08:18 AM
I think 12 million is a bit of a stretch. 8 million sounds more reasonable to me. It would have to be 1 million a week and I don't think that is really possible.

Tim724
10-09-2007, 08:19 AM
Agreed. This debate is going to be watched by a whole slew of people who haven't watched a debate yet. The CNBC audience is a much different audience than CNN or FOX. It's a shame though that they are letting Chris Matthews moderate. They should have went with one of their own and picked Larry Kudlow.

I agree that Kudlow would be way better than Mathews for this. Kudlow (though a Neo-con apologist and FED cheerleader) at least understands economic philosophies and is open to debating them.

CNBC regularly has some hard money guys from investment firms as guests (eg Don Luskin, Peter Schiff, Michael Pento), so they do at least respect that point of view. I would bet that the Paul campaign is getting some of their contributions from people at these smaller, contrarian investment groups.

KingTheoden
10-09-2007, 08:28 AM
The campaign set a high bar for two reasons. First, 12 million is a good estimate at what we will need to have raised to be taken as an undeniably serious campaign going into the primaries. Also, it makes us push our limits and work that much harder.

Remember, FMNN (I know, I know, but on this I think they are right) reports that the Paul campaign is on the verge of getting some wealthy families to start seriously backing him. Beyond that, he is having more success at these private briefings so a lot of his money will not show up on the widget.

And of course, things will pick up towards the end of the month and as we get closer to the primaries. As they said in Star Wars when on approach to the Death Star: cut the chatter!

aunt_shoes
10-09-2007, 08:34 AM
Our pace does not need to be the same throughout the quarter. We should be working now to get a big push by the end of the month.

Why doesn't everyone just see how they could help their county raise $2300 for Ron Paul.

If you're a young person, why not plan a house party at $20 bucks a head? I'm old and can remember paying $10 bucks a head. Surely $20 is acceptable now.

If you're a homeowner, how about having a Ron Paul yard sale. That could easily bring in $100 or more.

A lot of Ron Paul supporters are selling stuff on Ebay. If you belong to any groups, you could have a Ron Paul auction and even get some small businesses to donate items/services.

Let's leave the big numbers to the campaign and just work on the realistic numbers for our counties!

Perry
10-09-2007, 09:13 AM
I don't think it's too steep but i think people are placing too much emphasis on it.
They need to get lady liberty off the website as it is having the opposite effect intended. The primary concern for quarter four should be getting the word out. Funds will be the result of people getting the word out and new people coming in. Not Vise versa.

jumpyg1258
10-09-2007, 10:47 AM
I think it would have been more reasonable for the campaign to set the goal for October to $3M, November $4M, and December $5M.

Travis
10-09-2007, 11:00 AM
the only way we are going to hit 12 mil is if we get lots and lots of new supporters so lets get out there and starting knocking on some doors and talking to some new people. We are doing great right now so lets build from it and continue to grow.

Exponent
10-09-2007, 11:03 AM
I think it would have been more reasonable for the campaign to set the goal for October to $3M, November $4M, and December $5M.
While it would have been more realistic, it would also make it a bit easier for people to remain complacent. Given the overall personality of this group (if one can conceivably be assigned), I think that setting the October goal for $4 million will do more to motivate people than it will to discourage them. It's a tricky call, but both 3-4-5 and 4-4-4 have their strengths and weaknesses, and it also depends on the people involved; different groups will react differently. Just imagine what would happen if we push near the end of October and get 3.5 (at first glance a failure), and then 4.5 or 5 the next month (not unreasonable if we got 3.5 in the first month), and then a bunch more in December. And then the campaign announces all the offline donations after that. A lot of people would be excited, I am sure.

Primbs
10-09-2007, 11:04 AM
CNBC debate should bring in some new money from Wall Street types who have not heard of Ron Paul. Obviously commodity traders should appreciate Ron Paul.

njandrewg
10-09-2007, 11:07 AM
I don't think its so unrealistic. We get more and more coverage each quarter...we get more and more people to join the movement.

Q3/Q2= 211% increase...and thats w/o major media coverage and with very small average donations.

so 5.08 * 211% is already 10.75 million. Now add to that media coverage, and a slight boost in donations that people will have to prove themselves...and you got yourself 12 mil and then some

saku39
10-09-2007, 11:08 AM
CNBC debate should bring in some new money from Wall Street types who have not heard of Ron Paul. Obviously commodity traders should appreciate Ron Paul.

There is also the possibility they might be turned off due to his stance on the Fed.

Some of them are so dependent on being bailed out, they might not agree with Paul.

saku39
10-09-2007, 11:10 AM
I don't think its so unrealistic. We get more and more coverage each quarter...we get more and more people to join the movement.

Q3/Q2= 211% increase...and thats w/o major media coverage and with very small average donations.

so 5.08 * 211% is already 10.75 million. Now add to that media coverage, and a slight boost in donations that people will have to prove themselves...and you got yourself 12 mil and then some

I don't think it's unrealistic either.

I'm giving something every week and I know other people are as well.

Things are going to pick up. It will be hard, but I think we can make it.

transistor
10-09-2007, 11:11 AM
i'd donate more often, but i'm as lazy as huckabee's eye

jumpyg1258
10-09-2007, 11:37 AM
i'd donate more often, but i'm as lazy as huckabee's eye

Or his supporters? :p

ConstitutionGal
10-09-2007, 11:57 AM
We know Dr. Paul raised at least 36,900 at the private briefing in Nashville on Saturday (63 attendees donated at least $500 each and three donated $2,300) so I think Tennessee's on its way to doing our share...

Ozwest
10-09-2007, 12:11 PM
No second chances when Hillary is the Prez and Bill is the first Lady. Rudy will be Ambassador to Israel and Petraeus will be Secretary of defence... I'm donating after Ron kicks ass in this debate.