:mad:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_health_care_overhaul

quit reading yahoo, thats a start

RonPaulVolunteer
03-21-2010, 07:48 PM
I read, EVERYTHING, thank you.

BuddyRey
03-21-2010, 07:55 PM
I for one will be voicing my outrage through outright refusal to buy health insurance, whether it's "mandatory" or not. There's not enough prison space in the western world to harbor all of the new "criminals" this law will create.

smithtg
03-21-2010, 08:01 PM
I read, EVERYTHING, thank you.

interesting response!

I personally value my time more than that - your choice though - the beauty of liberty!

JP2010
03-21-2010, 09:57 PM
you can not pay for insurance all you want. the new 15,000 irs agents will just make sure they take it out of your tax return.

If you don't have a return, they will put a lien on your property and then take it/sell it to the highest bidder.

BuddyRey
03-22-2010, 01:20 AM
you can not pay for insurance all you want. the new 15,000 irs agents will just make sure they take it out of your tax return.

If you don't have a return, they will put a lien on your property and then take it/sell it to the highest bidder.

Well thanks a pantload, Captain Bringdown! :(

Knightskye
03-22-2010, 02:07 AM
Uhh... lawsuits?

Making a delicately nuanced argument about the U.S. Constitution, former Republican congressman and Florida Attorney General Bill McCollum said Tuesday that provisions to force Americans to buy health care or pay a fine are not legal and he will file a lawsuit if they become law.

I'm actually optimistic about these lawsuits succeeding.

steph3n
03-22-2010, 03:19 AM
Stop participating...

FrankRep
03-22-2010, 07:13 AM
TOP PRIORITY: Push your State Reps to Introduce and Pass State Nullification Bills!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=236699

Deborah K
03-22-2010, 07:23 AM
I for one will be voicing my outrage through outright refusal to buy health insurance, whether it's "mandatory" or not. There's not enough prison space in the western world to harbor all of the new "criminals" this law will create.

The problem is that the IRS will be enforcing this unconstitutional mandatory purchase of a good. The result of not paying will be the same as if you refuse to pay your taxes.

The only way to strangle this beast is a tax revolt. Abolish the IRS!!!

GunnyFreedom
03-22-2010, 07:40 AM
TOP PRIORITY: Push your State Reps to Introduce and Pass State Nullification Bills!
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=236699 (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=236699)

I've been saying this for nearly 2 years... ;)

It's specifically WHY I picked State House instead of US Congress...

I knew the first, most important battle was going to be in the States...

If we are going to keep a strategy that will bring real victory, then the most important battles will be in the States in 2010 and 2012, leading to critical Congressional battles in 2012 and 2014. My plan from day 1 was to run for NC House in 2010 and 2012, and then US House in 2014 and 2016, and maybe US Senate in 2018.

Honest, I've been trying to get ppl to focus on State Assemblies for at least 18 months now. I think ppl are starting to 'get' that now.

Deborah K
03-22-2010, 08:16 AM
I just called a local radio show and encouraged people to call their assemblymen and senators. There is another show on another station in the afternoon. I'll do the same then. At nine I'll be calling my critters. Wish me luck, I live in Cali. :rolleyes: Although mine are republican so I may get somewhere.....

FrankRep
03-22-2010, 10:31 AM
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=236699

I've been saying this for nearly 2 years... ;)

It's specifically WHY I picked State House instead of US Congress...

Please Help me promote the idea of Nullification on Ron Paul Forums. It feels like either people are ignoring me or they've gave up fighting. It's truly like Cat herding.

We need people to get involved locally.

GunnyFreedom
03-22-2010, 10:57 AM
Please Help me promote the idea of Nullification on Ron Paul Forums. It feels like either people are ignoring me or they've gave up fighting. It's truly like Cat herding.

Yeah, welcome to my world. I've been pushing State-centered nullification on RPF's pretty hard for over a year, and only about 20 people 'get it.' Coincidentally the same 20 people who donated on my Valentines moneybomb to the tune of about a thousand dollars. :)

People are far more focused on the US Congress and the US Senate because it's far more glamorous, but I've been insisting that glamor does not restore the Constitution. Attacking the problem from the right place with the right strategy is what will do it.

The right place is the State assemblies, and the right strategy is 10th Amendment nullification. Once people realize this it's like a bell goes off. But for some reason RPF's has actually been the most difficult audience of all my venues to convince.

Oh, I will continue to keep pushing it, and I appreciate your help on the matter, I'm just saying keep your hopes low so you won't be terribly disappointed. I couldn't even get a mass RPF's mail on my moneybomb here on my home turf. It ended up that the people whi did contribute had to be more generous than they should have had to be in order to make up for smaller numbers participating.

People are just more focussed on the more glamorous and more expensive (per voter!) US House and US Senate campaigns, I imagine because they get more coverage, or they are more exciting.

I, on the other hand, am running for State House because I am going for more impact towards my overall goal of restoring the Constitutional order not only for NC but all of the US.

Yes, we'll get there, but convincing the RPFers on this strategy is a tough sell. However, it may be a lot easier now that ObamaCare has passed and nullification is the only recourse remaining to us.

Deborah K
03-22-2010, 11:03 AM

Frank, I just called my state senator's and assemblymen's offices and left messages to this affect. I will forward your info to every conservative radio talk show host in Cali.

I appreciate this very much.

Deborah K
03-22-2010, 11:05 AM
Yeah, welcome to my world. I've been pushing State-centered nullification on RPF's pretty hard for over a year, and only about 20 people 'get it.' Coincidentally the same 20 people who donated on my Valentines moneybomb to the tune of about a thousand dollars. :)

People are far more focused on the US Congress and the US Senate because it's far more glamorous, but I've been insisting that glamor does not restore the Constitution. Attacking the problem from the right place with the right strategy is what will do it.

The right place is the State assemblies, and the right strategy is 10th Amendment nullification. Once people realize this it's like a bell goes off. But for some reason RPF's has actually been the most difficult audience of all my venues to convince.

Oh, I will continue to keep pushing it, and I appreciate your help on the matter, I'm just saying keep your hopes low so you won't be terribly disappointed. I couldn't even get a mass RPF's mail on my moneybomb here on my home turf. It ended up that the people whi did contribute had to be more generous than they should have had to be in order to make up for smaller numbers participating.

People are just more focussed on the more glamorous and more expensive (per voter!) US House and US Senate campaigns, I imagine because they get more coverage, or they are more exciting.

I, on the other hand, am running for State House because I am going for more impact towards my overall goal of restoring the Constitutional order not only for NC but all of the US.

Yes, we'll get there, but convincing the RPFers on this strategy is a tough sell. However, it may be a lot easier now that ObamaCare has passed and nullification is the only recourse remaining to us.

Gunny hang in there. I too, have problems getting through to people here. Never, ever, EVER give up!

Deborah K
03-22-2010, 11:13 AM
What about referendums? Can we do this through a proposition? The reason I ask is because the main objection my critters have is that they are out numbered almost 3 to 1 right now.

Every year these idiots in my state pass a public option plan that will cost Cali 200 billion a year - and every year the Governator vetos it. I wonder if I should call his office.

GunnyFreedom
03-22-2010, 11:29 AM
Gunny hang in there. I too, have problems getting through to people here. Never, ever, EVER give up!

There's no need to worry about that -- I'd be in this fight until my last breath and my last drop of blood, even if the only two people in the whole wide world in the fight were me and Ron Paul. Fortunately, I do have some support locally and more support here on the Forums.

While I recognize that with as few as 1000 small donors, my campaign would be damn near 100% funded, and while 1000 people ought to be dirt-simple for us to scrape together, I just can't let that frustrate me. I will win or lose based on how much money I raise, and that will speak directly to how much will our community has to see this strategy through. If we don't want it, we don't want it. It won't stop me from fighting this fight until the day I die. :) What does frustrate me is that the the 20 people who did answer the call had to bear 3 times the burden they should have had to because of the disinterest and apathy of everyone else.

What frustrates me even more than that, though, is that the answer is so blatantly obvious in my eyes, that State-level nullification needs to be all of our people's absolute highest priority in 2010, what is blatantly obvious to me is apparently not so obvious to most of our people who think the 2010 answer is in the US Congress.

The US Congress may be an answer in 2012 and 2014, but in 2010 and 2012 the answer is in the State Assemblies. Our allies on Capitol Hill will NOT be able to work their magic without pressure from the States Assemblies giving them the leverage they need to move the larger body. This should be obvious...