PDA

View Full Version : What grinds my gears: "Cops don't write the laws, they just enforce them."

.Tom
03-21-2010, 08:13 AM
Nothing gets my gears grinding quite like hearing someone utter "Cops don't write the laws, they just enforce them."

Oh, and then they also say, "it's not the cops fault, you should elect someone else to write the laws."

Okay, well if a mafia writes an unjust, immoral, aggressive law and I decide to enforce it, that makes me just as bad (IF NOT WORSE) than the person who wrote it.

For without the enforcement of these aggressive laws (like victimless "crime" laws against drugs and prostitution and tax evasion), then the state couldn't get away with mass violence.

Anyone can write a law. I can write a law that says all adulterers and fornicators should be shot on the spot. If I pay my friend to enforce the law, no one would tell a victim of my friend's "law enforcement" that it wasn't my friend's fault, it was just the law and that voting is the solution.

I would absolutely make the argument that enforcers of aggression are worse than the writers of aggression. Without the "FORCE" in "enFORCE", it's just words.

So yes, cops are agents of the state, and therefore they are evil. Anytime a cop arrests someone for a non-aggressive "crime", they are aggressors themselves and it is completely justified to violently defend yourself to the fullest extent possible.

catdd
03-21-2010, 08:19 AM
"Just doing his job" is a famous one.

.Tom
03-21-2010, 08:21 AM
^ Yeah, LOL. I hear that one a lot. I always respond with the mafia member "just doing his job."

They can never respond and sort of just sit there puzzled and try to change the subject.

torchbearer
03-21-2010, 08:23 AM
In all seriousness, you should remind the cop it is still their choice whether to make an arrest or not.
This was taught in our criminal justice classes to all the officers in training at NSU.

Cops should know that is up to them when to make an arrest. and that is technically legal.
so, if I became a cop, i could choose to never make an drug related arrest.

pcosmar
03-21-2010, 08:28 AM
"Just doing his job" is a famous one.

It is still a common mantra.

http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/09_03/3AuschwitzUSHMM_468x297.jpg

Hey, someone has to do it. It's just a job.

.Tom
03-21-2010, 08:28 AM
It all seriousness, you should remind the cop it is still their choice whether to make an arrest or not.
This was taught in our criminal justice classes to all the officers in training at NSU.

Cops should know that is up to them when to make an arrest. and that is technically legal.

I would love to find a cop that would listen to that kind of logic, but he'd probably just tighten my cuffs even tighter.

And then there's things like tax evasion. If I refuse to pay taxes, a cop will be ordered to arrest me and steal my property from me.

I highly doubt the cop is going to refuse and risk his job.

bruce leeroy
03-21-2010, 09:40 AM
Just following orders didnt work at Nuerenburg and shouldnt work now

.Tom
03-21-2010, 11:41 AM
The same thing goes for the military. I'm not ashamed to proudly NOT support the troops. If no one went and fought these wars of aggression than the military industrial complex couldn't function.

So yes, soldiers are murderers, and I'm not afraid to say it.

brandon
03-21-2010, 11:44 AM
I agree with this thread.

RileyE104
03-21-2010, 11:44 AM
In all seriousness, you should remind the cop it is still their choice whether to make an arrest or not.

I'm pretty sure it's called Officer's Discretion or something like that.

RileyE104
03-21-2010, 11:47 AM
The same thing goes for the military. I'm not ashamed to proudly NOT support the troops. If no one went and fought these wars of aggression than the military industrial complex couldn't function.

So yes, soldiers are murderers, and I'm not afraid to say it.

Some people are dumb and do it to get money because they can't get hired anywhere else.

Others actually want to serve the country.

Are you saying that you don't support Ron because he was in the Navy?
Kokesh because he was in the Marines?

All I'm saying is you have to be more understanding about this subject.

Also, I hope for Ron's sake that no opposition sees this thread..
This is the last kind of thing we need for people to start the rumors back up about Ron and his supporters not supporting the troops BS.

Of course, I guess it's true with you, but not for the rest of us..

Saying you don't support the troops wont get us anywhere..
Like Ron said, "You have to change POLICY!"

.Tom
03-21-2010, 04:17 PM
^ Not anyone who was ever in the military is a murderer, but there are certainly murderers amongst them, especially the ones killing innocents in these wars.

And while I would like to abolish the military entirely, and have all defense funded voluntarily, Ron's certainly a step in the right direction by completely bringing all troops home from everywhere around the world.