PDA

View Full Version : Will the Senate bill pass?

tangent4ronpaul
03-21-2010, 02:56 AM
216 to pass - looks like it's going to be really close - so pick the final Dem vote!

-t

tangent4ronpaul
03-21-2010, 04:30 AM
I'm guessing the vote will be very, very close - within one or two votes. I'm going to be optimistic and say the Dems come up short. When that happens, I expect 40-80 of them will line up and fill out the form to change their vote in order to save their political careers.

-t

tangent4ronpaul
03-21-2010, 06:13 AM
Wakey, wakey....

common ppl - VOTE!

This is only the most signicant piece of legislation of your life (to date)

So PLACE YER BETS!

-t

Stary Hickory
03-21-2010, 07:56 AM
This bill will NOT pass the SENATE. Guaranteed.

pcosmar
03-21-2010, 08:05 AM
This bill will NOT pass the SENATE. Guaranteed.

I would hope you are right. But that means that it will start over until some form of socialized medicine IS passed.
I would like to see your guarantee though. I don't see that.
I expect that it will pass. It has been the plan. :(

Stary Hickory
03-21-2010, 08:07 AM
I would hope you are right. But that means that it will start over until some form of socialized medicine IS passed.
I would like to see your guarantee though. I don't see that.
I expect that it will pass. It has been the plan. :(

I hope so, the Dems are putting up a fake front here. The votes are really up in the air. They have been operating off trying to create momentum. I really hope some patriots come to the rescue no matter in which party they live. If a Dem votes against this, I would be willining to bet he would save his house seat if he was in a battleground area. In any contested area a vote yes on this bill is suicide. I dont know why Republicans just don't offer some moderate Dems a spot in the R party if they vote no.

These guys must be getting threats and a lot of pressure, they can just ditch all that get reelected and have a fresh start.

ChaosControl
03-21-2010, 08:10 AM
I hope not. Once these monsters are created, they never go away no matter how fascist they are.

Its like flipping a coin as to whether it'll pass or not, could go either way. I have no idea, but since government is evil and generally finds a way to get their totalitarian crap through, I'm going to prepare for its passage.

I'm highly inclined not to do my taxes this year as a protest, but I don't know if I'm ready to go down that road yet or not.

Stary Hickory
03-21-2010, 08:13 AM
I hope not. Once these monsters are created, they never go away no matter how fascist they are.

Its like flipping a coin as to whether it'll pass or not, could go either way. I have no idea, but since government is evil and generally finds a way to get their totalitarian crap through, I'm going to prepare for its passage.

I'm highly inclined not to do my taxes this year as a protest, but I don't know if I'm ready to go down that road yet or not.

I will, I am no longer going to play ball with the government. They are done in my eyes.

Travlyr
03-21-2010, 09:32 AM
I will, I am no longer going to play ball with the government. They are done in my eyes.

Done. The U.S. government is illegitimate. "It is the right of the people to alter or abolish it."

Peace&Freedom
03-21-2010, 09:43 AM
Considering that the IRS will be beefed up to enforce the new regime, you might as well look at fighting Obamacare and the IRS as one and the same. Remember the tax forms will now demand you disclose if you posess guns, if you want additional incentive to rebel. Just start submitting original or amended forms correcting the notion that you received 'taxable income' (most Americans working in the private sector do not---see losthorizons.com or sedm.org for guidance), and demand a full return of your money. Bring the system to its knees, and we can shut both OC and the IRS down. Also support the state nullification and secession movements, to put more immediate pressure on the feds to repeal.

FrankRep
03-21-2010, 09:46 AM
The Pro-Abortion language in the bill could kill it.

U.S. Bishops' final plea to Congressmen: Do not pass pro-abortion healthcare bill...
http://www.catholicnewsagency.com/news/u.s._bishops_final_plea_to_congressmen_do_not_pass _pro-abortion_health_care_bill/

micahnelson
03-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Wakey, wakey....

common ppl - VOTE!

This is only the most signicant piece of legislation of your life (to date)

So PLACE YER BETS!

-t

Id put the patriot act as being more significant.

pcosmar
03-21-2010, 09:56 AM
The Pro-Abortion language in the bill could kill it.

I knew it would be back in. Stupaks's amendment only served to sell the bill and get it passed in the house. It would have died there otherwise.

I expected it to be written in or passed after the fact.( attached to some other bill in a back room deal).
If half the feigned opposition (to abortion) was real the laws would have been changed long ago.

tangent4ronpaul
03-21-2010, 04:04 PM
Stupack and co are sell outs :(

-t

Aratus
03-22-2010, 08:50 AM
219 to 212
it passed...