PDA

View Full Version : Home schooled son gets hold of census form

AdamT
03-21-2010, 12:25 AM
Oops, my friend's 10 year old home schooled son got a hold of their census form. It would be unconstitutional not to send in the form....so I guess they are. The first question is filled out: 3 people reside at their street address.

http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/census3.jpg

The rest...well...those damn non-zombified home schooled don't play...
http://i238.photobucket.com/albums/ff189/adamtro/census2.jpg

nate895
03-21-2010, 12:27 AM
Lolz!!!!!

Dustancostine
03-21-2010, 12:43 AM
He mispelled business :(

Hoopydoo
03-21-2010, 01:35 AM
he spelled 'unconstitutional' right. :D

AdamT
03-21-2010, 09:39 AM
1st post wooooo. Welcome!

ghengis86
03-21-2010, 09:42 AM

almost a two year lurker? good first post!

squarepusher
03-21-2010, 09:53 AM
its this legal really? I know people say taxes are unconstitutional, and dont pay them and goto jail, but whats the deal with this?

Dustancostine
03-21-2010, 10:19 AM

:D

JeNNiF00F00
03-21-2010, 10:54 AM
its this legal really? I know people say taxes are unconstitutional, and dont pay them and goto jail, but whats the deal with this?

Why do they need to know if you have a toilet, or what time you go to work?

Bruno
03-21-2010, 01:29 PM

I just read an article about that today. The longer questions are in the American Community Survey, which is distributed to 75,000 Americans each month. They say the question about toilets is to help determine the need for sewage facilities. The questions about communite times help communities identify transportation needs.

JeNNiF00F00
03-21-2010, 02:01 PM
Its still nunya. I don't take public transportation, never have, never will. As for sewage, what if people use outhouses(some still have them around here) or have septic systems? Doesn't matter. Its not any of their business.

phill4paul
03-21-2010, 02:20 PM
I just read an article about that today. The longer questions are in the American Community Survey, which is distributed to 75,000 Americans each month. They say the question about toilets is to help determine the need for sewage facilities. The questions about communite times help communities identify transportation needs.

Then local communities need to send questionnaires to their members which would be voluntary to answer. None of the Feds business. I've had it with mandates and threats of prison or fines.

They want something from me....Adveho quod adepto is!

erowe1
03-21-2010, 02:29 PM
It would be unconstitutional not to send in the form.

Why do you think it would be unconstitutional not to send in the form?

AggieforPaul
03-21-2010, 02:55 PM
They're already going to take our tax dollars to fund public transportation and sewage anyway, we may as well help them give us a little bang for our buck. If they have no idea how many people to plan for and they fuck up, they wont be sending us a tax refund.

Bruno
03-21-2010, 03:03 PM
Its still nunya. I don't take public transportation, never have, never will. As for sewage, what if people use outhouses(some still have them around here) or have septic systems? Doesn't matter. Its not any of their business.

100% agree

FunkBuddha
03-21-2010, 04:08 PM
They say the question about toilets is to help determine the need for sewage facilities.

Why would the number of toilets matter? If I have 10 toilets in my house and shit once a day thats no more strain on the sewage system than if I have one toilet and shit once a day. All they need to know is the number of assholes in the house.

03-21-2010, 04:18 PM
And we'll know how many assholes are in the house when they vote on healthcare later..... Oh, you meant your house.

roho76
03-21-2010, 04:22 PM

I don't understand why everyone keeps saying this. Is there a longer form than the one I got?

Mine asks for number of persons, race, phone number, sex, name, birth date, part time residence, type of residence. Is there another form with more questions than that?

torchbearer
03-21-2010, 04:33 PM
I don't understand why everyone keeps saying this. Is there a longer form than the one I got?

Mine asks for number of persons, race, phone number, sex, name, birth date, part time residence, type of residence. Is there another form with more questions than that?

short form and long form.

Anti Federalist
03-21-2010, 07:51 PM

A random number of people get the America Community Survey:

http://www.census.gov/acs/www/Downloads/ACS-1%28info%29%282010%29%20Stateside%20English_web.pd f

Just some of the questions on it are: how many toilets you have, how much money you make, employment status, what your mortgage is, what your taxes are and who is caring for your children.

AdamT
08-10-2010, 07:16 PM
bump lol

Danke
08-10-2010, 07:21 PM

Nothing unconstitutional about not sending in a census form. But taxes (I assume you mean the Federal Income tax) is constitutional.

libertybrewcity
08-10-2010, 08:12 PM
Why do you think it would be unconstitutional not to send in the form?

Clearly the comment was a joke. Come on now..

oyarde
08-11-2010, 01:50 PM

I do not recall ever seeing the "what time do you go to work" question.If they want to know that it is probably so they know when to rob you of what they have not used congress to already steal from you.

libertybrewcity
08-11-2010, 02:07 PM
I do not recall ever seeing the "what time do you go to work" question.If they want to know that it is probably so they know when to rob you of what they have not used congress to already steal from you.

I don't think it existed. I worked for the census never came across any questions like that. the only odd question besides the usual "race, of hispanic origin, age, and relation" questions asked if the household member owned the house with or without a mortgage, or rented. It was really odd...

Kregisen
08-11-2010, 02:30 PM
And we'll know how many assholes are in the house when they vote on healthcare later..... Oh, you meant your house.

lmao

oyarde
08-11-2010, 03:41 PM
I don't think it existed. I worked for the census never came across any questions like that. the only odd question besides the usual "race, of hispanic origin, age, and relation" questions asked if the household member owned the house with or without a mortgage, or rented. It was really odd...

The own / rent thing is odd.