PDA

View Full Version : Grayson : It's the government's money - it's not your money

Juan McCain
03-20-2010, 07:47 PM
Not sounding too Republican here at all Très

YouTube - Trey Grayson: "It's the government's money. It's not your money!" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN1UT4IDhaE&feature=related)

Are people in Kentucky familiar with this video clip from earlier campaign.

amy31416
03-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Context?

ljwestmcsd
03-20-2010, 08:23 PM
It's from the Fancy Farm Picnic.
Grayson quickly catches his error, saying he misspoke, then goes ahead and says "it's the government's money" again.
On the third time, he gets it correct.
Personally, I think it's a Freudian slip.

Juan McCain
03-20-2010, 08:24 PM
On facebook it said : "During his speech at the St. Jerome's picnic in 2003"

Also some blogs have picked it up . . .

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-bloggers/2474285/posts

not sure of the context yet . . .

low preference guy
03-20-2010, 09:35 PM
i watched the context. he corrects himself. still, it could be a Freudian slip. no one who believes in liberty defends the government taking your money so passionately.

surGeon
03-21-2010, 02:45 AM
Please do not disgrace yourself and this board with this nonsense. We're the good guys, remember?

Juan McCain
03-21-2010, 11:23 AM
. . . defends the government taking your money so passionately.

Then this clip at least is the documentation and hard evidence of how Grayson obviously misspeaks
and is a Republican In Name Only.

Only doubt / question I had had was because the clip was so short . . . wondered if he was talking or quoting something his opponent had said -- that would be "out of context".

But once I heard the Freudian slip interpretation of what really did come out of Grayson's mouth . . . LMAO
. . . just look at his so passionate, forceful body language.

So Tres is at best just a terribly poor public speaker that would NOT be able to get his message
(whatever that mangled message he may be trying to regurgitate out) across to other Senators
in the chambers of the United States Senate - where we talk about real war and human lives -
not basketball battles and state bragging rights like we are running for student council or class president.

Grayson is so forceful and passionate here with "it's the government's money - it's not your money" . . .
- Freudian bullsheet is just the spin doctors.

Maybe Tres has now flipped . . . so now this is just more evidence that it is fair to classify and
condemn Grayson as a RINO.

Kentucky would not need to be embarrassed by Grayson and his antics any longer in any public office -
let alone the U.S. Senate.

specsaregood
03-21-2010, 11:27 AM
Please do not disgrace yourself and this board with this nonsense. We're the good guys, remember?

Good Guys finish last. Fact is, he said it.

rich34
03-21-2010, 11:53 AM

Look, politics is dirty. Rand's getting the shit kicked out of him right now with negative ads and I don't know if you know this or not, but history proves that if you don't fight back when getting attacked you usually go down. We have a good lead and there's no sense in giving it up by playing the good guys. If ole boy can get even with Rand it's gonna be a slugfest anyway. The opponent took the first punch and now Rand's got a right to defend himself with the same measure being throwed at him.. I agree we run clean if we're not getting attacked, but that is clearly not the case!

surGeon
03-21-2010, 10:04 PM
Good Guys finish last. Fact is, he said it.

Fact is. He misspoke. Anyone who are reading more into it than that are being intellectually dishonest.

Look, politics is dirty. Rand's getting the shit kicked out of him right now with negative ads and I don't know if you know this or not, but history proves that if you don't fight back when getting attacked you usually go down. We have a good lead and there's no sense in giving it up by playing the good guys. If ole boy can get even with Rand it's gonna be a slugfest anyway. The opponent took the first punch and now Rand's got a right to defend himself with the same measure being throwed at him.. I agree we run clean if we're not getting attacked, but that is clearly not the case!

Maybe so, but do we have to be dishonest, petty and pathetic about it? Isn't the truth about Grayson bad enough? Do we need to resort to lies and dishonest tactics? Futhermore, if you're going to lie, then get something that is plausible; not this shit. It's just counter-effective.

Same with this dangerous allies nonsense. This campaign has really taken a turn for the worse.

low preference guy
03-21-2010, 10:06 PM
Fact is. He misspoke. Anyone who are reading more into it than that are being intellectually dishonest.

I disagree. I believe it was a Freudian Slip. No one who cares about liberty can so passionately state that it's the government's money.

surGeon
03-21-2010, 10:49 PM
I disagree. I believe it was a Freudian Slip.

Freudian slips are based on shaky science in the first place.

No one who cares about liberty can so passionately state that it's the government's money.

You have no basis for saying that, and it should be obvious to anyone that that's not true.

Regardless of what you might say about Grayson, he is not that stupid. He doesn't actually believe that "it's the government's money". He rationalizes government taking it as necessary, and I'm sure he likes to spend it, but he doesn't believe it's theirs by right.

low preference guy
03-21-2010, 10:57 PM
Regardless of what you might say about Grayson, he is not that stupid. He doesn't actually believe that "it's the government's money". He rationalizes government taking it as necessary, and I'm sure he likes to spend it, but he doesn't believe it's theirs by right.

Sure, but he also doesn't believe it's the people's money. He doesn't have a position either way. What he believes is this: I will say whatever I have to say to go to the Senate and get an easy salary for life. If he's going to attack Rand making false claims and talking words out of context, Rand has a right to show a video of his exact words. Maybe even put "Freudian slip?" at the end. Let the voters decide if it was a Freudian slip or not.

JoshLowry
03-21-2010, 10:59 PM

+1

It's funny, but it is not Grayson's message.

specsaregood
03-21-2010, 11:55 PM
He doesn't actually believe that "it's the government's money". He rationalizes government taking it as necessary, and I'm sure he likes to spend it, but he doesn't believe it's theirs by right.

If you really believe that, then you haven't been paying attention to oligarchy that runs this country. Grayson has been handpicked by them. We are their peasants and they do think it is their money, they simply let us keep a little to survive upon.

erowe1
03-22-2010, 10:20 AM