PDA

View Full Version : (SERIOUS FACEPALM) Bodybuilding Forums dominated by socialized medicine supporters!

SelfTaught
03-20-2010, 06:54 PM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123195191

Here's a sample of what you'll read:

lol about bloody time, welcome to the the civilised world America.

The legislation would ban the insurance industry from denying benefits or charging higher premiums on the basis of pre-existing medical conditions. The Congressional Budget Office predicts the bill will reduce deficits by $130 billion over the next 10 years, an estimate that assumes lawmakers carry through on hundreds of billions of dollars in planned cuts to insurance companies and doctors, hospitals and others who treat Medicare patients.

Republicans and brainwashing. The media says its bad, so people get a polarized view. Plus America has a lot of selfish people. As long as they are covered, F everyone else. Yes, good coverage here. People like to bring up the cost over 10 years, but dont talk about all the money we waste. Pointless to argue. Just let it pass and wait for people to realize its helpful.

Originally Posted by ScubaStevo View Post
Do you understand economics?

Didn't think so.

Do you understand that we are 1.4 trillion in debt right now, and this will cost another 800 billion?

brb supporting communism - doctors should make as much as high school teachers.
i think you forgot to mention that this bill will, over the period of 10 years, reduce the federal deficit by $138 billion

wizardwatson
03-20-2010, 06:57 PM
Fixing health care is easy. Just eliminate patent law.

Light
03-20-2010, 07:09 PM
They are such good little products of the public education system. No wonder they lack the ability to think critically.

silverhandorder
03-20-2010, 07:13 PM
My friend who is a RP supporter visits that forum a lot. I can't wait to see his reaction :).

I am not suprised though for public forum to mirror the debate going on in politics. Remember we are a minority and we don't even agree amongst out selves that often either.

Give it time friends :).

Light
03-20-2010, 07:18 PM
My friend who is a RP supporter visits that forum a lot. I can't wait to see his reaction :).

I am not suprised though for public forum to mirror the debate going on in politics. Remember we are a minority and we don't even agree amongst out selves that often either.

Give it time friends :).

You can't give (in this case time) what you don't have. This bill is just the beginning. People won't wake up until they can no longer afford the luxuries they once afforded, and when these brainwashed young marxists can't find jobs.

slothman
03-20-2010, 07:18 PM
Offtopic but what does "facepalm" mean?

SelfTaught
03-20-2010, 07:20 PM

When somebody says something so outrageously ridiculous or stupid that it makes you want to facepalm.

wizardwatson
03-20-2010, 07:23 PM
When somebody says something so outrageously ridiculous or stupid that it makes you want to facepalm.

Yes, correct.

..and with 614 posts since July 2008, you not knowing what "facepalm" means around here where facepalms are a daily occurrence....

...makes me want to facepalm.

;)

amy31416
03-20-2010, 07:25 PM
You're really surprised?

Isn't it just about as realistic as expecting to find a bunch of model-wannabes talking about responsible fiscal policy and being shocked that they're talking about how gorgeous Michelle Obama's arms are?

SelfTaught
03-20-2010, 07:28 PM
You're really surprised?

Isn't it just about as realistic as expecting to find a bunch of model-wannabes talking about responsible fiscal policy and being shocked that they're talking about how gorgeous Michelle Obama's arms are?

Facepalm doesn't not necessarily mean surprised.

And Michelle Obama's arms get negated by her monkey face.

New2Libertarianism
03-20-2010, 07:29 PM
The roids must have shrunken their brain as well.

silverhandorder
03-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Facepalm doesn't not necessarily mean surprised.

And Michelle Obama's arms get negated by her monkey face.

Seriously Obama is way out of her league in looks.

SelfTaught
03-20-2010, 08:05 PM
Seriously Obama is way out of her league in looks.

Explain. Out of her league as in better or worse looking? I will admit, Obama is a good looking feller (strong no ****).

LibertarianfromGermany
03-20-2010, 08:05 PM

http://arikia.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/facepalm1.jpg

dito
03-20-2010, 08:11 PM
I am a member of that forum as well. I'd say most there do not support it. Especially in the religion and politics section.

QueenB4Liberty
03-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Why are they saying this already passed?

SelfTaught
03-20-2010, 08:27 PM
Why are they saying this already passed?

Don't know. It is the Misc forum of Bodybuilding Forums. Some stupid shit always goes down in there.

Here are some example Thread titles:

At what Age does your Penor Stop Getting Hard All the Time???!

Ever think less of people from your childhood now that you realize they were manlets?

Wat dat means "Clap them cheeks"

Would you rather be a millionaire with 4 inch erect or

My armpits sweat bad when I'm around girls I want to bang (srs)

Turtle drawing contest part 4

lol @ all the unaware, LAGY GAGA WAS/I A MAN

Sic Semper Tyrannis
03-20-2010, 08:29 PM

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_f3SZ5Tu916o/SsFCnjXeyzI/AAAAAAAANxs/3VpBMuALLB4/s400/implied-facepalm.jpg

noxagol
03-20-2010, 09:31 PM
I'm still trying to figure out how this is going to cut the deficit even a cent over an infinite amount of time. Did they ever stop and explain exactly how they think spending a ton of money is going to save a ton of money?

rprprs
03-21-2010, 05:32 AM
I'm still trying to figure out how this is going to cut the deficit even a cent over an infinite amount of time. Did they ever stop and explain exactly how they think spending a ton of money is going to save a ton of money?

You and anybody else with half a brain. Obviously, it's not going to cut the deficit. And this is an area the opposition has failed to hit hard enough on. Initial estimates on its cost and suggestions that savings will be found from cutting waste and abuse in other programs ought to be routinely and universally laughed at. It's outrageous that anybody could make such an assertion given government's track record, and how even the blindest of sheep could buy that argument is beyond me.

As to the bodybuilding . com guys, just wait until the feds start really putting the screws to the multitude of supplements they all ingest on a daily basis. You can expect a somewhat different attitude to government intrusion then.

Icymudpuppy
03-21-2010, 09:15 AM
Totally not surprised. Mindless meatheads tend to buy the liberal line. Also, they will need government healthcare when they realize that private insurance companies can and will test for the chemicals that make your muscles big, but your heart overworked. Life insurance companies already do.

johngr
03-21-2010, 09:20 AM
Actually, that's a pretty good strategy. Christian forums (among others) should be a serious target for liberty lovers.

bruce leeroy
03-21-2010, 09:39 AM
http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=123195191

Here's a sample of what you'll read:

no suprise
the boxing forum that Im a member of is filled to the brim with hoebama lovin socialized medicene supporters