10-08-2007, 11:45 PM
Ron Paul Wins CNBC GOP Pre-Debate Poll by a landslide! 68%

http://jointhefightforfreedom.com/node/85

richard1984
10-08-2007, 11:46 PM
Have they closed the poll now?

Perry
10-08-2007, 11:55 PM
I swear you people need to clear your heads. Voting in pre debate polls is a strike against not for us. Think about it.

0zzy
10-08-2007, 11:57 PM
I swear you people need to clear your heads. Voting in pre debate polls is a strike against not for us. Think about it.

"Damn Internet spammers at it again!"

It's true. It won't help him, if anything hurt him. Though I assume it won't do much but annoy the hell out of CNBC, "Why the hell do we even do these polls?"

jrich4rpaul
10-08-2007, 11:59 PM

This could be true. Imagine if we didn't touch the pre-debate polls and someone else's wins it, but then after the debate, we vote in the "Who won the debate?" polls. Hmmm

Taco John
10-09-2007, 01:03 AM
As a marketer, I think you guys are wrong. Books are going to be written about this election season, and the full impact of what is happening now will be fully appreciated down the line. Let them say what they will about the polls... We have the money to back it up. That war is done and over.

We just need to keep hitting them with the message that "politics is a participatory process." Any sign of support, no matter what form it takes should be regarded as relevant and meaningful.

Ron Paul Fan
10-09-2007, 01:10 AM
Herman Edwards once said, "YOU PLAY TO WIN THE GAME!!!!!" And I think that can be applied here too. We should try to win any poll like this because that's the point of the poll. To win. We won and now we bask in the glory. If there's a post debate poll, we'll win again. If we had lost the pre-debate poll, people would question Ron Paul's support. They'd say, "Hey why didn't that kook libertarian who owns the internet win the pre-debate poll? Maybe his supporter's mommies took their internet away." Then we'd all be pretty embarassed don't you think?

Perry
10-09-2007, 01:17 AM
This could be true. Imagine if we didn't touch the pre-debate polls and someone else's wins it, but then after the debate, we vote in the "Who won the debate?" polls. Hmmm

Precisely. If we poll the same afterwards as before then we have gained no ground whatsoever.

jointhefightforfreedom
10-09-2007, 01:20 AM
Precisely. If we poll the same afterwards as before then we have gained no ground whatsoever.

Before doesn't matter The sheeple will be watching afterwards!

JosephTheLibertarian
10-09-2007, 01:25 AM

I don't know about you, but I prefer to win every poll ;)

r3volution
10-09-2007, 01:28 AM
i say screw it , we took over the net and Washington's next . i don't care if the media likes it or not .
its not our fault the supporters of the other candidates are to lazy to click on a poll or to stupid to use a PC .

goRPaul
10-09-2007, 01:40 AM
As a marketer, I think you guys are wrong. Books are going to be written about this election season, and the full impact of what is happening now will be fully appreciated down the line. Let them say what they will about the polls... We have the money to back it up. That war is done and over.

We just need to keep hitting them with the message that "politics is a participatory process." Any sign of support, no matter what form it takes should be regarded as relevant and meaningful.

Thank you for that. I don't know what people are talking about. A pre-debate poll with 4000 responses that nobody is going to notice can't hurt Ron one bit. I just voted for him, maybe you'll want to vote for Huckabee.

http://www.cnbc.com/id/21149087

jrich4rpaul
10-09-2007, 02:15 AM
hmm.. yeah, all good points. vote away haha

Danny Molina
10-09-2007, 02:58 AM
It's good to vote for Ron Paul in pre-debate polls.

The reason is if someone else wins it like Rudy then it will get press. Keep press away from the other candidates as much a possible.

stevedasbach
10-09-2007, 04:28 AM

That's why I didn't vote in it. I want Paul to get more votes after the debate than before.

dude58677
10-09-2007, 06:27 AM
No, it won't hurt us. We already have collaboration with the 5 million dollars raised.

steph3n
10-09-2007, 06:33 AM
this was all a setup to see how many votes thy should deduct from post debate polls. :D

anewvoice
10-09-2007, 06:41 AM
I think we need to be more concerned with what happens if we lose a poll. Oh the headlines, Ron Paul loses online support, Ron Paul web army loses key battle, yadda yadda.

me3
10-09-2007, 07:02 AM
If you really want to goof the system, vote for Duncan Hunter. He's as close to unelectable as they come.

CodeMonkey
10-09-2007, 07:22 AM

We just have to make sure we win by more.

Noog
10-09-2007, 07:23 AM
I think it's good. It draws attention to RP during the debate. I know a lot people don't even pay attention to what the "second tier" candidates say during debates. This gives them a reason to.

uncloned21
10-09-2007, 07:37 AM
thing is, theyll probably mention the pre-debate poll and get people to perk their eears up when dr paul speaks

Andrew76
10-09-2007, 08:41 AM
Exactly. If people know of this pre-debate poll before the "debate," actually begins, they may pay a bit more attention to Ron Paul than they otherwise would have. Continuing to swamp every single online poll, is in my mind, nothing but a good thing.

speciallyblend
10-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Win Win Win

Elwar
10-09-2007, 09:33 AM
I voted for Fred Thompson in that poll...so if there's an "after" poll, I will vote for Ron Paul and that'll at least show one person less for Fred Thompson and one more for Ron Paul.

The media frenzy will then ensue.

Omnis
10-09-2007, 09:47 AM
Speaking of CNBC, their "contributors" argue about things and are seemingly oblivious to Ron Paul. Why is somebody being paid to do a job like that when they are so deeply misinformed? When the Republican and Democrat foils actually come together on something, it sounds exactly like Ron Paul's positions.

Lois
10-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Why in the world would we let someone else win any poll -- that doesn't make sense.

ronpaulitician
10-09-2007, 10:23 AM
It's a good thing that this election cycle we'll be able to use online polls like this to elect our president.

Original_Intent
10-09-2007, 10:35 AM
Why in the world would we let someone else win any poll -- that doesn't make sense.

Sure it does. Let someone else win the pre debate poll and then destroy them in the after debate poll. That would tell voters that people were "won over" to Ron Paul during the debate.

If we have huge numbers before the debate and slightly huger numbers after the debate, they will say Ron Paul's support is "essentially unchanged". It is a much biger story if they say "Before the debate Ron Paul registered very little support, but his support had tripled by the end of the debate."

As far as the argument that high poll numbers before the debate will draw more attention to him during the debate - I disagree. I just don't think that many people are gonna pay more or less attention to someone based on a pre-debate poll.

Lois
10-09-2007, 10:52 AM
I think by trying to be clever, it could backfire and we could shoot ourselves in the foot. Also, we're not being "honest" with ourselves. "What would Ron Paul do?" Also, we've over thinking this.

ConstitutionGal
10-09-2007, 11:03 AM
this was all a setup to see how many votes thy should deduct from post debate polls. :D
Something similar crossed my mind - what if, after the debate, we go back to vote and get a message like "we're sorry, you've already voted". THAT would seriously hurt Dr. Paul after the debate, IMHO.:confused:

jumpyg1258
10-09-2007, 11:41 AM
Sure it does. Let someone else win the pre debate poll and then destroy them in the after debate poll. That would tell voters that people were "won over" to Ron Paul during the debate.

No, that would allow the MSM to say again that RP supporters are continuing to spam the polls.

V4Vendetta
10-09-2007, 12:16 PM
I think we need to be more concerned with what happens if we lose a poll. Oh the headlines, Ron Paul loses online support, Ron Paul web army loses key battle, yadda yadda.

LMAO, that will NEVER happen

progrock
10-09-2007, 12:32 PM
after we pulled 5.1m from 3rd quarter (1 million from just 6 days) i think the whole *spammer* idea has been debunked.
as far as polls are concerned several measures could be taken to almost eliminate spamming polls. for instance black list all proxy IP's and disallow more than one vote per IP address.

however i really don't believe someone would sit at their computer for several hours and bounce off of proxy's all day long to change a poll outcome. thats just rediculous.

especially after having attended the nashville rally with over 1500 people showing up. man that was the best rally ever!!

terlinguatx
10-09-2007, 12:39 PM

koob
10-09-2007, 12:50 PM
well they have a pre-debate poll. i honestly think ron paul is the best. therefore i vote for him. how can that be wrong :(

if supporters of other candidates don't use computers then they should expect the polls to be for the candidate with the most online support.

Bob Cochran
10-09-2007, 12:53 PM
No, that would allow the MSM to say again that RP supporters are continuing to spam the polls.

So the five million dollars last quarter....was THAT spam?:rolleyes: