PDA

View Full Version : Are Millenials More Pro-Life Than Their Parents?

Matt Collins
03-20-2010, 01:06 PM
http://www.cosmopolitanconservative.com/2010/03/16/a-prolife-rebellion/

nate895
03-20-2010, 01:34 PM
Hell yeah they are. Even in my psychotically liberal school, I'd say at least 2/3 are pro-life, and it is practically impossible to find a girl who isn't.

Brett
03-20-2010, 01:56 PM
I fit in this perfectly. I'm 18, socially liberal, but pro-life.

I know a lot of people like me. They're the easiest to convert to Ron Paul as well :D

Vessol
03-20-2010, 02:06 PM
I'm 19 and socially liberal as well. While I don't want abortions banned alltogether, I'd rather them only be used in medical circumstances.

Matt Collins
03-20-2010, 02:12 PM
I'm 19 and socially liberal as well. While I don't want abortions banned alltogether, I'd rather them only be used in medical circumstances.You do realize that Ron Paul, an OB/GYN said that in his 30+ years of practicing medicine he never once found it medically necessary to perform an abortion, right? :)

Oh, and he delivered well over 4,000 babies. :)

ChaosControl
03-20-2010, 02:23 PM
It is good to have some light in this season of storms for once.

Good news indeed. Maybe one day mankind will evolve enough to realize the barbaric backwardness of allowing the slaughter of the most innocent of all human life.

I'm not socially liberal though, so whatever. Socially libertarian, sure, but no way in hell am I socially liberal. Personally conservative, but libertarian in terms of legislation on anything other than the abortion issue.

Brett
03-20-2010, 02:34 PM
I'm not socially liberal though, so whatever. Socially libertarian, sure, but no way in hell am I socially liberal. Personally conservative, but libertarian in terms of legislation on anything other than the abortion issue.

When I say Socially Liberal this is roughly what I mean as well. Socially liberal in the small government way, not the recent Democrat Party version.

ChaosControl
03-20-2010, 02:40 PM
When I say Socially Liberal this is roughly what I mean as well. Socially liberal in the small government way, not the recent Democrat Party version.

Well there is both personal approach and government approach.

When I see socially liberal I see that as someone saying not that they simply don't want government involved, but that their personal approach is the liberal one.

Like a socially liberal would think that casual sex is fine, a social conservative wouldn't A social libertarian could think either way but simply think the government shouldn't be involved.

I just feel like I need to make the distinction that I am not personally socially liberal, I find social liberalism to be revolting and why society has gone down hill. But that doesn't mean I support some authoritarian government that will screw things up even more than the social liberals do by mandating behavior. :|

Matt Collins
03-20-2010, 02:47 PM
When I see socially liberal I see that as someone saying not that they simply don't want government involved, but that their personal approach is the liberal one.

Like a socially liberal would think that casual sex is fine, a social conservative wouldn't A social libertarian could think either way but simply think the government shouldn't be involved.
I think you might be confusing terms. It's all about economic freedom and personal freedom (although they are really one in the same). Please study The Nolan Chart for better understanding:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nolan_chart

http://www.wirkman.net/images/nolanchart.gif (http://www.theadvocates.org/quizp/index.html)

Vessol
03-20-2010, 03:21 PM
You do realize that Ron Paul, an OB/GYN said that in his 30+ years of practicing medicine he never once found it medically necessary to perform an abortion, right? :)

Oh, and he delivered well over 4,000 babies. :)

My girlfriend had to have an abortion last October. We went through consultation through her private gynocologist as well as her priest and they both thought it was the only option. She has bipolar and takes a half dozen medications that if the baby got in its bloodstream would have seriously screwed it up and deform it, or potentially even kill it. And no, she could not just get off the medicine. During a mania she once threw away her pills, this was years before I met her, and they had to put her into a private mental hospital as she pretty much went insane.

Medications have massive effects on babies. My mother was on a low-dose pain killer when she was pregnant with me for the first few months. Because of it, I have eye problems and require glass permeable contacts.

Fozz
03-20-2010, 04:27 PM
If the young generation really is more pro-life than previous generations, that is great news.

silentshout
03-20-2010, 04:50 PM
I see this too. Personally, I am pro-choice, but I respect both points of view.

silus
03-20-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm not sure where you guys live, but I have found the exact opposite to be true. And this issue has nothing to do with right or left, conservative-liberal, regardless of how our TWO PARTY political system tries to split every issue between two camps.

Vessol
03-20-2010, 05:02 PM
If the young generation really is more pro-life than previous generations, that is great news.

If they were more pro-liberty then previous generations it would be better IMO. Sadly it is the opposite.

Brian4Liberty
03-20-2010, 05:26 PM
The media spins everything. I was at a young conservatives meeting (in California) and people could care less about abortion or gay marriage. They were enthusiastic about the Second Amendment! Don't let the media manipulate you.

Brett
03-21-2010, 12:13 PM
If they were more pro-liberty then previous generations it would be better IMO. Sadly it is the opposite.

Even the Democrats I know are skeptical of big government. They just believed Obama when he said he was going to have accountability and transparency.

It's not that my generation dislikes the truth, it's just we don't know it.

AuH20
03-21-2010, 12:27 PM

The environmental/animal rights movement has made a more profound impact than these people would have liked. If you ardently respect the life of animals, logically you're going to be sympathetic to the plight of the human newborn.