PDA

View Full Version : L.A. eatery charged with serving whale meat closes

LibertyWorker
03-20-2010, 12:25 PM
In my opinion if you can catch a whale you should be allowed to eat it. People should eat whatever they want. If a guy wants to sell BBQ dog legs.... I'm okay with that.:D

Link to story (http://www.alertnet.org/thenews/newsdesk/N20248557.htm)

Anti Federalist
03-20-2010, 01:02 PM
That which is not prohibited is required.

Matt Collins
03-20-2010, 01:04 PM
Obligatory...
:D:D:D:D

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/MattandShamu.jpg

itshappening
03-20-2010, 01:06 PM
Matt Collins endorsed a whale 23 years ago?

payme_rick
03-20-2010, 01:14 PM
ha... went to sea world around 87 myself... was pissed I didn't get to sit on the whale and some little girl did... that and my eyes were burning from the salt-water that big SOB got all over me...

LibertyWorker
03-20-2010, 01:17 PM
You know if the economy really went in the tank. About the second week into the crisis people would be sitting there wishing they had gotten a bigger dog.

and you know it's true!!

Vessol
03-20-2010, 01:23 PM
You know, if they allowed people to eat endangered animals it would open up a market right there and give initiative for entrepreneurs to work on bringing the species out of being endangered.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2010, 01:26 PM
You know, if they allowed people to eat endangered animals it would open up a market right there and give initiative for entrepreneurs to work on bringing the species out of being endangered.

Ha, yeah, no shortage of cows.

Vessol
03-20-2010, 01:29 PM
Ha, yeah, no shortage of cows.

Well look at buffalo's too. I'll tell you one thing, those guys didn't come back from being endangered because they look cute.

payme_rick
03-20-2010, 01:33 PM

look at cows... how many of those were in America before we started eating them?

Maybe we can get Temple Grandin to study whale behavior then design a humane, fast and cheap process where the whales lead themselves to slaughter in what we will call a slaughtertank, or slaughteraquarium...

payme_rick
03-20-2010, 01:35 PM
Well look at buffalo's too. I'll tell you one thing, those guys didn't come back from being endangered because they look cute.

Exactly... their wings are the best part ;)

pcosmar
03-20-2010, 01:38 PM
There are herds of Buffalo up here, someone started crossbreeding them with cows.

Buffaloes sell good. and taste good too. :)

Vessol
03-20-2010, 01:41 PM
Whales would be a little hard to farm, but I'm sure if we could somehow encourage the growth of seaweed and kril populations we could trigger whales to reproduce more.

Galileo Galilei
03-20-2010, 01:42 PM
This is lower than whaleshit!

Matt Collins
03-20-2010, 01:46 PM
Exactly. That's why "don't use lumber products" crowd are idiots. The more demand there is for lumber, the more trees will be planted :rolleyes:

Danke
03-20-2010, 01:48 PM
Like Bald Eagle, Whale meat is overrated, IMO.

Vessol
03-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Exactly. That's why "don't use lumber products" crowd are idiots. The more demand there is for lumber, the more trees will be planted :rolleyes:

Heh. I've tried explaining this before, but most I've met who have argued this seem to paint the logging companies as Captain Planet-escue villains.

Domestic logging has every reason for us to want large forests.

However I will say that I do have some problems with a lot of foreign companies entering various locations and deforesting there, primarily the rain forest. I know I wouldn't want some European or Chinese logging company to get permission to log here in America. Call it protectionist trade, but I prefer domestic companies when it comes to harvesting natural resources.

pcosmar
03-20-2010, 01:54 PM
Anyone got some good whale recipes?

And what wine would you serve with it? it's not fish, but it is seafood. :p

The Patriot
03-20-2010, 01:54 PM

This.

Matt Collins
03-20-2010, 01:56 PM
However I will say that I do have some problems with a lot of foreign companies entering various locations and deforesting there, primarily the rain forest. I know I wouldn't want some European or Chinese logging company to get permission to log here in America. Call it protectionist trade, but I prefer domestic companies when it comes to harvesting natural resources.The question to that answer is "who owns the land"? ;):)

Vessol
03-20-2010, 01:58 PM
The question to that answer is "who owns the land"? ;):)

Very true. Don't take me as a Georgist or anything, I'm not the most versed on property rights then most other things.

payme_rick
03-20-2010, 02:13 PM
Actually I have the design:

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7266/whalew.png

The Whales are kept on the right side, they reproduce etc... but when it comes time to slaughter these fools, the control boat (where the whole operation is controlled) brings in the robotic great white sharks to single out a whale to slaughter... The operator of the sharks chases a whale to the gate, the gate is then opened and the whale goes down the tube because he's trying to escape... well that's where trouble comes... there Isi Uchiwang from Whale Wars to harpoon its ass, then hook it up for his buddies in the recovery boat above who are also tired of being chased by the Steve Irwin and have joined the latest whale operation... they bring the whale up to the boat, gut it, then put it on the conveyor where it will be taken to be fully processed... not shown are the seaguls-on-steroids the crew on the recovery boat feeds the whale guts to...

Vessol
03-20-2010, 03:16 PM
Do the sharks have laserbeams on their heads?