PDA

View Full Version : Arrest Made in Wal-Mart Intercom Case

LibertyWorker
03-20-2010, 08:35 AM
They are looking to charge this guy with a hate crime, the people that were in the store when the guy was talking over the intercom are being described as "Paging Victims"...lookout here come the thought police.

Link to story (http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local-beat/Arrest-Made-in-Wal-Mart-Intercom-Case-88704842.html)

sevin
03-20-2010, 08:38 AM
Damn, what an overreaction. People play pranks on those intercoms all the time.

UtahApocalypse
03-20-2010, 08:43 AM
I will laugh my ass off if it is a black guy

legion
03-20-2010, 08:48 AM
I can't imagine a sequence of events that would lead to an arrest, unless he voluntarily talked to the police.

Dumb kid that doesn't know their rights.

specsaregood
03-20-2010, 09:21 AM
I will laugh my ass off if it is a black guy

Chances are it is, unless it was one of the 10 non-black residents of Atlantic City.

Epic
03-20-2010, 09:45 AM
Uh he didn't commit a crime.

He broke a PRIVATE rule... not a government rule.

How could he be arrested?

That's a violation of 1st amendment. Free Speech.

legion
03-20-2010, 09:52 AM
Uh he didn't commit a crime.

He broke a PRIVATE rule... not a government rule.

How could he be arrested?

That's a violation of 1st amendment. Free Speech.

It's at least an infraction with civil consequences. He could be sued by Walmart for tortuous interference of business. They may intend to use misdemeanor criminal conversion or mischief.

MelissaWV
03-20-2010, 09:53 AM
The "hate crime" trump-up is stupid.

Of course, getting on private property and making a statement that the patrons are now blaming on WalMart seems pretty malicious and shitty to me. I don't think the "kid" should have the book thrown at them, nor do I think it's a "hate crime," but the case can certainly be made that this harms the store's reputation. Forget for an instant that the "injured party" is WalMart and consider, instead, a family business in a "mostly-black" area that has this happen to them. They might explain until they're blue in the face that it was someone who does not represent their business that said it, but customers hearing "black people leave now" presents a certain image, and many of those customers will tell others, which could lead to boycotts and a general reduction in business.

Given what the charges are, and how the media is latching onto this, it is a massive overreaction, but the circumstances did warrant a reaction at some level.

constituent
03-20-2010, 09:58 AM
hate crime... jesus.

now THAT is retarded.

QueenB4Liberty
03-20-2010, 09:59 AM
It's Wal-mart, not some tiny mom and pop shop. They can afford to lose business at that particular store, not that I think it would even happen. It was obviously someone who didn't work for the store, charging him with a hate crime is ridiculous.

legion
03-20-2010, 10:01 AM
It's Wal-mart, not some tiny mom and pop shop. They can afford to lose business at that particular store, not that I think it would even happen. It was obviously someone who didn't work for the store, charging him with a hate crime is ridiculous.

I don't think the law takes "Well, they're big enough to take the hit, anyway!" into consideration.

The kid was dumb enough to get caught and needs to take his medicine.

RileyE104
03-20-2010, 10:30 AM
YouTube - intercom trixter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IjT5Q12lvc)

Anti Federalist
03-20-2010, 10:32 AM
Chances are it is, unless it was one of the 10 non-black residents of Atlantic City.

Lolz.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2010, 10:34 AM
Wal-Mart Paging Victims Speak Out

Victims??

Victims??!!

FFS...

misterx
03-20-2010, 10:41 AM
What law did he break. I wasn't aware that we had hate speech legislation in America. All they can do is kick him out of the store for this. Maybe charge him with trespassing if he was in an employees only section.

amy31416
03-20-2010, 10:43 AM
Victims??

Victims??!!

FFS...

YouTube - Curly Takes the Stand (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxAk3B_zS5k)

Anti Federalist
03-20-2010, 10:45 AM
What law did he break. I wasn't aware that we had hate speech legislation in America. All they can do is kick him out of the store for this. Maybe charge him with trespassing if he was in an employees only section.

They are charging him with harassment and "bias intimidation".

Of course there are "hate crime" laws.

They just don't call them that.

johngr
03-20-2010, 10:50 AM
Damn, what an overreaction. People play pranks on those intercoms all the time.

YouTube - Wal-Mart Intercom: 9/11 Truth HD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=albpLnBQ5GU)

DirtMcGirt
03-20-2010, 10:56 AM
Not sure why but when I hear mentions of thought crimes, I immediately think of the Audio Super Bowl commercial... I think it may be b/c it shows how ridiculous we are becoming w/ charging and arresting citizens...

YouTube - Green Police: Audi Super Bowl Ad (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml54UuAoLSo)

t0rnado
03-20-2010, 11:31 AM
Would it be a crime if he simply yelled out, "All black people leave the store!"? Probably not.

Also, Walmart receives government subsidies: http://money.cnn.com/2004/05/24/news/fortune500/walmart_subsidies/

tonesforjonesbones
03-20-2010, 12:51 PM
It is a ridiculous bunch of overblown shyte. tones

BlackTerrel
03-20-2010, 05:07 PM
"Kid" deserves what he gets. If you're going to be a dumbass be prepared to suffer the consequences.

phill4paul
03-20-2010, 05:14 PM
"Kid" deserves what he gets. If you're going to be a dumbass be prepared to suffer the consequences.

:rolleyes: Come on man. Do we really need small shit like this fucking things up?

Small potatoes. Local shit. In the end no big shit. If he'd announced every one in the store that is uncircumsized would it have garnered the attention.

I suppose so. Everyone is a thin skinned victim these days.

It galls me that this is a big deal.

The only reason it is is that Wal-mart will have to make a settlement for those "offended."

LibertyWorker
03-20-2010, 05:14 PM

Yes.... because what we really need is the government regulating what speech is offensive and deeming whether it's legal or not.

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-20-2010, 05:24 PM
all black people leave the forum

sofia
03-20-2010, 05:30 PM
all black people leave the forum

lol

BlackTerrel
03-20-2010, 05:53 PM
:rolleyes: Come on man. Do we really need small shit like this fucking things up?

Small potatoes. Local shit. In the end no big shit. If he'd announced every one in the store that is uncircumsized would it have garnered the attention.

I'm not the one that posted this and gave it 3 pages. I agree it is a small story and in the grand scheme of things I don't give a crap.

But the kid deserves to be punished for it and I'm glad he is. I'm sure he'll get a slap on the wrist and be ok.

Threads like this are usually an excuse for people to get their racist comments on. Just check out the YouTube video of this.

phill4paul
03-20-2010, 06:00 PM
I'm not the one that posted this and gave it 3 pages. I agree it is a small story and in the grand scheme of things I don't give a crap.

But the kid deserves to be punished for it and I'm glad he is. I'm sure he'll get a slap on the wrist and be ok.

Threads like this are usually an excuse for people to get their racist comments on. Just check out the YouTube video of this.

Civil case. State has no need to press any charges. Serve subpeonas for court w/ regards to the case. Nothing more.
No one was injured. Unless you believe that having feelings hurt should be a state offense.

UtahApocalypse
03-20-2010, 06:07 PM

Do tell us what LAW was broken he should be punished for?

revolutionisnow
03-20-2010, 09:45 PM
I wonder who will end up getting more time, this kid, or this teacher that bit someone's ear off http://www.twincities.com/ci_14681808?nclick_check=1

amy31416
03-20-2010, 09:47 PM
I wonder who will end up getting more time, this kid, or this teacher that bit someone's ear off http://www.twincities.com/ci_14681808?nclick_check=1

Hmmm...Mike Tyson relative? She'll do some time.

Anti Federalist
03-20-2010, 09:49 PM
hmmm...mike tyson relative? She'll do some time.

:D

Inflation
03-21-2010, 01:08 AM
Victims??

Victims??!!

FFS...

Victims is too patronizing a word to describe those brave Survivors and Heroes!

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-21-2010, 01:31 AM
I can't wait till wally world gets sued for negligence operating a public place of business that allows irresponsible people such easy access to an intercom system that can cause such great injuries to the health, safety, or welfare of the public. As soon as this kid gets convicted I have all the evidence I need a crime was committed.

Who wants to invest in law school tuition for me? You would get one hell of a return on your investment. :D

BlackTerrel
03-21-2010, 01:40 AM

How is this relevant? A black person committing a crime?

JustinTime
03-21-2010, 09:15 AM
How is this relevant? A black person committing a crime?

Its relevant because it shows how screwed up societies priorties are, and how polical thought crimes are actually taken more seriously than actual crimes.

bruce leeroy
03-21-2010, 09:21 AM
Hmmm...Mike Tyson relative? She'll do some time.

Tyson got a bum rap for that. Holyfield was one of the dirtiest fighters in the division at that time, he really got what was coming to him in that fight.