PDA

View Full Version : BREAKING : FED Must Disclose Bank Bailout Records 3-19-10

Hamer
03-19-2010, 04:14 PM
March 19 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve Board must disclose documents identifying financial firms that might have collapsed without the largest U.S. government bailout ever, a federal appeals court said.

The U.S. Court of Appeals in Manhattan ruled today that the Fed must release records of the unprecedented $2 trillion U.S. loan program launched primarily after the 2008 collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. The ruling upholds a decision of a lower-court judge, who in August ordered that the information be released.

The Fed had argued that disclosure of the documents threatens to stigmatize borrowers and cause them “severe and irreparable competitive injury,” discouraging banks in distress from seeking help. A three-judge panel of the appeals court rejected that argument in a unanimous decision.

The U.S. Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA, “sets forth no basis for the exemption the Board asks us to read into it,” U.S. Circuit Chief Judge Dennis Jacobs wrote in the opinion. “If the Board believes such an exemption would better serve the national interest, it should ask Congress to amend the statute.”

MORE HERE : http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aB3yIaXayz4g

QueenB4Liberty
03-19-2010, 04:40 PM
This is good?

sevin
03-19-2010, 04:43 PM
So we're finally going to find out where that $2 trillion went?

lynnf
03-19-2010, 05:24 PM
March 19 (Bloomberg) -- The Federal Reserve Board must disclose documents identifying financial firms that might have collapsed without the largest U.S. government bailout ever, a federal appeals court said.

The U.S. Court of Appeals in Manhattan ruled today that the Fed must release records of the unprecedented $2 trillion U.S. loan program launched primarily after the 2008 collapse of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. The ruling upholds a decision of a lower-court judge, who in August ordered that the information be released.

The Fed had argued that disclosure of the documents threatens to stigmatize borrowers and cause them “severe and irreparable competitive injury,” discouraging banks in distress from seeking help. A three-judge panel of the appeals court rejected that argument in a unanimous decision.

The U.S. Freedom of Information Act, or FOIA, “sets forth no basis for the exemption the Board asks us to read into it,” U.S. Circuit Chief Judge Dennis Jacobs wrote in the opinion. “If the Board believes such an exemption would better serve the national interest, it should ask Congress to amend the statute.”

MORE HERE : http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aB3yIaXayz4g

think Bernanke and Geithner are shaking in their loafers right now?

lynn

phill4paul
03-19-2010, 05:29 PM
So we're finally going to find out where that $2 trillion went?

In the long run unlikely.

Baptist
03-19-2010, 10:56 PM
In the long run unlikely.

Agreed. I'm sure that they will appeal for find some other way to drag this out until the next false-flag takes it off the headlines.

Reason
03-19-2010, 11:44 PM
I'll believe it when I see it

catdd
03-20-2010, 08:09 AM
think Bernanke and Geithner are shaking in their loafers right now?

lynn

I think they should be.

AdamT
03-20-2010, 10:21 AM
This will drag out in the courts until the system collapses. I hope I'm wrong.