PDA

View Full Version : "truthiness" ways to introduce paul to liberals

fourameuphoria
10-08-2007, 11:08 PM
Hi, on Wednesday, I'm about to bring Ron Paul's name to the potsmoking, pro-choicin', veganizing, liberal utopia of Evergreen State College in Olympia. I was thinking of having a poster introducing Ron Paul in slightly false ways. They aren't true, but they still give people an idea to build a foundation upon;

Something like...

*The Howard Dean of the Republicans
*The Snakes on the Plane of the 2008 Race...

If people think this is a noble endeavor, reply with more ideas. If not, reply with how this is the worst idea anyone could possibly think of.

Revolution9
10-09-2007, 01:59 AM
Hi, on Wednesday, I'm about to bring Ron Paul's name to the potsmoking, pro-choicin', veganizing, liberal utopia of Evergreen State College in Olympia. I was thinking of having a poster introducing Ron Paul in slightly false ways. They aren't true, but they still give people an idea to build a foundation upon;

Something like...

If people think this is a noble endeavor, reply with more ideas. If not, reply with how this is the worst idea anyone could possibly think of.

No Howard Dean. I cringe when my demo pal tries that comparison. It does not work. Dean was for party. Ron is for America.

Best
Randy

stevedasbach
10-09-2007, 04:35 AM

Something like...

I started in politics supporting Gene McCarthy and campaigned for George McGovern. I don't see either of these posters appealing to liberals. Focus on Iraq, Patriot Act, etc.

Thunderbolt
10-09-2007, 05:21 AM
Why on earth would you lie? He has tons of issues that appeal to liberals. Number one: End Iraq and the other half of that - prevent a draft. Two: Separate fund for SS so senior citizens won't be robbed. Three: Opt out of SS for young people so they won't be robbed. Four: No patriot Act Five: End oppression of the poor with an end to the tax on tips. I could go on, but this is a lot to do already. Oh, and no national ID card, an end to the war on drugs, medical pot ok, bill to legalize truth telling when discussing vitamins and supplements.

itsnobody
10-09-2007, 05:24 AM
You shouldn't lie and make things up, just tell them somethings that appeal to liberals like getting out of Iraq, protecting individual liberties and rights, not regulating the internet, against the patriot act and the government spying on people, the constitution, etc...

Bradley in DC
10-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Stick with issues.

kylejack
10-09-2007, 06:45 AM
A piece of trivia, maybe? Among presidential candidates who will bring the troops home after election, which one raised the most money? I think the answer is Ron Paul, but somebody fact check me.