PDA

View Full Version : April 15th, 2010 Tax Protest.

Dunedain
03-19-2010, 11:40 AM
This nation-wide tax protest seems to be snowballing again...but at a much earilier stage. This could be huge! If there was ever a date that a second American independence could be declared - this is it.

Pretty much every large city should have something going on. Here is a list of potential gathering points.
http://www.teapartypatriots.org/Today.aspx?date=4/15/2010

QueenB4Liberty
03-19-2010, 04:50 PM
Hmm not to far from my work, maybe I'll make an appearance. Although the last protest that was at Discovery Green was full of neo-cons so it wasn't too enjoyable.

pacelli
03-19-2010, 05:22 PM
Let me guess, only attended by people who filed their taxes early, right?

phill4paul
03-19-2010, 05:30 PM
let me guess, only attended by people who filed their taxes early, right?

lolz.:d

Dunedain
03-19-2010, 06:06 PM
Let me guess, only attended by people who filed their taxes early, right?

My "taxes" are "garnished" every 2 weeks right off my paycheck. I don't even get a chance not pay my taxes. I file my tax return simply to get money BACK.

and I'll be there protesting...it's better than being home complaining.

pacelli
03-19-2010, 09:47 PM
My "taxes" are "garnished" every 2 weeks right off my paycheck. I don't even get a chance not pay my taxes. I file my tax return simply to get money BACK.

and I'll be there protesting...it's better than being home complaining.

I totally understand the mentality. I used to work for someone else. I dealt with that shit. Consider becoming your own boss. No more wage garnishment every 2 weeks. No more begging the robber to give you your money back. Now I avoid income like I avoid aids, herpes, and VD. Tax problems solved.

Brett
03-19-2010, 09:52 PM
If I can come up with a clever pro-Free Market but Anti-Republican sign I'll attend one near me.

Edit: Maryland would be one of 4ish states without a party organized.

payme_rick
03-20-2010, 01:01 AM
as long as the freedom concert robots aren't runnin' the show I'll try and make one..

sevin
03-20-2010, 07:57 AM

Isn't there a way people can set it up with their employer to where instead if it coming right out of your paycheck, you can pay (or not pay) your taxes yourself?

Danke
03-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Isn't there a way people can set it up with their employer to where instead if it coming right out of your paycheck, you can pay (or not pay) your taxes yourself?

Yes. Just set the number of allowances to a high amount. But they will most likely still withhold FICA tax from your paycheck.

Lovecraftian4Paul
03-20-2010, 09:53 AM
The only protest they will ever understand is when millions are willing to take the maximum withholding exemptions and refuse to pay the difference at tax time.

QueenB4Liberty
03-20-2010, 09:56 AM
You still have to pay taxes if you are your own boss, unless you don't work for money at all.