PDA

View Full Version : New idea for liberty media for ancaps and anyone else

powerofreason
03-19-2010, 06:22 AM
Original post here: http://anarchorebellion.ath.cx/index.php?showtopic=293&st=0

Anarchist entertainment: A new idea, volunteers wanted., A podcast BY ancaps FOR ancaps

So much of the current liberty media currently out there is aimed at hooking in new libertarians, planting seeds in the minds of some sheeple, and so forth. But what about a podcast aimed at informing and entertaining anarchists, with no care for we may offend or turn off to the message? I'm talking about sharing raw, unfiltered, and uncensored State bashing at its finest. Angry rants, hilarious satire, and MSM news "translated" into the truth for your entertainment and knowledge.

I want to do a pilot episode. Depending on the number of volunteers and amount of help offered we can hammer out the finer details such as number of hosts, show length, and format. While I'm feeling creative (and high) I'll try to come up with some sections of the show (just for the hell of it, none of this has to be used).

* About the hosts - The hosts will introduce themselves, and perhaps for the first episode explain what our influences have been that have brought us to anarchy.
* Opening Rant - To start off the show, I envision a passionate rant against some recent or ongoing crime of the State (probably the US State, lots to work with there). Complete excoriation and demolishing of Statist reasoning. Preferably including personal insults/ad hominems sprinkled in. Especially against high ranking State agents.
* News translation - An MSM news article or transcript that has been edited to be truthful will be read here. A bunch of these can be done.
* Audience participation component - This can come from emails, the chatroom, the forums, skype, or whatever.
* Philosophical debate - Perhaps small yet significant differences in our mainly (but not necessarily 100% lock-step with Rothbard) ancap philosophy can be debated here. This would be the more "deep" and intelligent part of the show for those who like that stuff better than the funny stuff.

How to reach me:

email: ryan(at)anarchorebellion.ath.cx

Or on either forum.