PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Sweeps Tulsa State Fair Straw Poll!!!

Roxi
10-08-2007, 09:34 PM
The state fair here in Tulsa just ended this weekend and There was a straw poll. Karen sommers from our meetup group paid $100 to have materials and a representative at the table for the duration of the fair. along with free tickets (limited)
we did have someone there nearly the entire time, we put out DVDs, Slim Jims, the constitution flyer, buttons, and bumper stickers. Also nayjevin and I passed out dvd's etc to people in the fairgrounds as well one night. We had several people come to us excited about ron paul. the only thing we got that wasnt 100% ron paul supporter was one guy who said, I like what ron paul has to say i just don't agree with getting rid of the EPA. after explaining this to him he agreed wholeheartedly

(as a reminder RP came in 2nd at the Oklahoma State Fair in OKC last month)

Ron Paul swept the straw poll at the Tulsa State Fair with 73 of the 176 votes cast. 41%

The results of the other candidates are as follows:

Governor Mike Huckabee was second with 23 votes or 13% of the votes.

Senator Fred Thompson was third with 21 votes or 12% of the votes.

Governor Mitt Romney was fourth with 16 votes or 9% of the votes.

Mayor Rudi Giuliani was fifth with 15 votes or 8.5% of the votes.

Former US House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Senator John Mc Cain were tied with 9 votes each or 5% of the vote.

Congressman Tom Tancredo got 3 votes or 2% of the votes.

Senator Sam Brownback, Susan Ducey (Oklahoma resident), and U S Secretary of State Condolessa Rice each received 2 votes or 1% of the votes.

Congressman Duncan Hunter received 1 vote or .5% of the votes.

Daniel Gilbert (R- North Carolina), Alan Keys (R- Maryland) and Keith Sprankle (R- Washington) did not receive any votes.

quickmike
10-08-2007, 09:38 PM
Awesome work!!!!!

Everyone should be doing stuff like this.

I wonder why Huckabee got second place though. No big deal, but thats just odd.

RP4ME
10-08-2007, 09:40 PM
The state fair here in Tulsa just ended this weekend and There was a straw poll. Karen sommers from our meetup group paid $100 to have materials and a representative at the table for the duration of the fair. along with free tickets (limited)
we did have someone there nearly the entire time, we put out DVDs, Slim Jims, the constitution flyer, buttons, and bumper stickers. Also nayjevin and I passed out dvd's etc to people in the fairgrounds as well one night. We had several people come to us excited about ron paul. the only thing we got that wasnt 100% ron paul supporter was one guy who said, I like what ron paul has to say i just don't agree with getting rid of the EPA. after explaining this to him he agreed wholeheartedly

(as a reminder RP came in 2nd at the Oklahoma State Fair in OKC last month)

Ron Paul swept the straw poll at the Tulsa State Fair with 73 of the 176 votes cast. 41%

The results of the other candidates are as follows:

Governor Mike Huckabee was second with 23 votes or 13% of the votes.

Senator Fred Thompson was third with 21 votes or 12% of the votes.

Governor Mitt Romney was fourth with 16 votes or 9% of the votes.

Mayor Rudi Giuliani was fifth with 15 votes or 8.5% of the votes.

Former US House Speaker Newt Gingrich and Senator John Mc Cain were tied with 9 votes each or 5% of the vote.

Congressman Tom Tancredo got 3 votes or 2% of the votes.

Senator Sam Brownback, Susan Ducey (Oklahoma resident), and U S Secretary of State Condolessa Rice each received 2 votes or 1% of the votes.

Congressman Duncan Hunter received 1 vote or .5% of the votes.

Daniel Gilbert (R- North Carolina), Alan Keys (R- Maryland) and Keith Sprankle (R- Washington) did not receive any votes.

Teh EPA????? HAHAHAH I havent heard that objection yet! Thanks for your hard hard work! You are awesome!!!!

Ozwest
10-08-2007, 10:06 PM
Nice work guys! Great result.

austin356
10-08-2007, 10:40 PM
Susan Ducey (Oklahoma resident) received 2 votes or 1% of the votes.

LOL

JAHOGS
10-08-2007, 10:49 PM
Awesome work!!!!!

Everyone should be doing stuff like this.

I wonder why Huckabee got second place though. No big deal, but thats just odd.

Maybe because his state his just down the road. But who knows. The Arkansas State Fair is rolling around at the end of this week and I will try to keep people updated if they have a straw poll there.