PDA

View Full Version : Obama says 'Louisiana Purchase' will help with Hawaii Earthquake relief

Bruno
03-18-2010, 10:29 AM
:confused:

http://www.breitbart.tv/puzzling-statement-obama-says-louisiana-purchase-will-help-with-the-earthquake-in-hawaii/

Gateway Pundit: What earthquake in Hawaii? In 1868 there was a major earthquake in Hawaii that killed 77 people. In 1975 an earthquake in Hawaii killed 2 people.

Fox News: OBAMA: I am certain that we've made sure, for example, that any burdens on states are alleviated, when it comes to what they're going to have to chip in to make sure that we're giving subsidies to small businesses, and subsidies to individuals, for example. BAIER: So the Connecticut deal is still in? OBAMA: So that's not — that's not going to be something that is going to be in this final package. I think the same is true on all of these provisions. I'll give you some exceptions though. Something that was called a special deal was for Louisiana. It was said that there were billions — millions of dollars going to Louisiana, this was a special deal. Well, in fact, that provision, which I think should remain in, said that if a state has been affected by a natural catastrophe, that has created a special health care emergency in that state, they should get help. Louisiana, obviously, went through Katrina, and they're still trying to deal with the enormous challenges that were faced because of that. (CROSS TALK) OBAMA: That also — I'm giving you an example of one that I consider important. It also affects Hawaii, which went through an earthquake. So that's not just a Louisiana provision. That is a provision that affects every state that is going through a natural catastrophe.

Now I have said that there are certain provisions, like this Nebraska one, that don't make sense. And they needed to be out. And we have removed those. So, at the end of the day, what people are going to be able to say is that this legislation is going to be providing help to small businesses and individuals, across the board, in an even handed way, and providing people relief from a status quo that's just not working. BAIER: OK, the Florida deal, in or out? OBAMA: The Florida deal — BAIER: Paying for Medicare Advantage, exempting 800,000 Floridians from — OBAMA: My understanding is that whatever is going to be done on Medicare is going to apply across the board to all states.

Did he mean Haiti? Or does he know of a pending Hawaii earthquake? :eek: :D

Juan McCain
03-18-2010, 10:34 AM
Hawai'i went through an earthquake . . . (?)

it is increasingly harder to differentiate between BO and BS

Cinderella
03-18-2010, 10:54 AM
2006 hawaii earthquake
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Hawaii_earthquake

He mentioned the Hawaii earthquake in the same context as Hurricane Katrina to point out that Louisiana does not get special treatment under the provision in question. Any State which incurs extraordinary health care situations would fall under the provision.

He is talking about the 2006 Hawaii earthquake just as he is talking about Katrina in 2005. He considers it important because it is his home State. Had the provision been in place it would have covered Hawaii as well as Louisiana or any other State.

dannno
03-18-2010, 11:20 AM
Did he mean Haiti? Or does he know of a pending Hawaii earthquake? :eek: :D

LOL, they were planning an earthquake to destroy the building his birth certificate is housed.. they were going to do a controlled demolition on the building after office fires destroyed most of the contents due to the HAARPquake.

But now they have to cancel it cause BO opened his big mouth :D

Bruno
03-18-2010, 07:15 PM
LOL, they were planning an earthquake to destroy the building his birth certificate is housed.. they were going to do a controlled demolition on the building after office fires destroyed most of the contents due to the HAARPquake.

But now they have to cancel it cause BO opened his big mouth :D

I lol'd. Nice one, danno. :)