PDA

View Full Version : Proposed 28th Amendment to the Constitution

rancher89
03-18-2010, 09:00 AM
This is making the rounds and landed in my inbox this morning.

A month ago I would have said that there was no chance that it would pass, today, maybe it does. We have states declaring their sovereignty via gun and healthcare legislation, nullification is a common topic at meetings and there is an uptick in the interest in recalling Congressmen.

QUOTE:

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

BuddyRey
03-18-2010, 03:11 PM
Sounds like a good idea, even though I doubt it'll pick up many cosponsors.

muzzled dogg
03-18-2010, 03:14 PM
not that congress follows the constitution anymore anyways.

Travlyr
03-18-2010, 03:17 PM
This is making the rounds and landed in my inbox this morning.

A month ago I would have said that there was no chance that it would pass, today, maybe it does. We have states declaring their sovereignty via gun and healthcare legislation, nullification is a common topic at meetings and there is an uptick in the interest in recalling Congressmen.

QUOTE:

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution:

"Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States."

It's a good start, but it is not inclusive enough. The Amendment needs to include judges, presidents... "EVERYONE" including foreigners and dignitaries.