PDA

View Full Version : Girl Scouts distribute sex guide

tangent4ronpaul
03-17-2010, 11:40 PM
http://online.worldmag.com/2010/03/17/c-fam-girl-scouts-distribute-sex-guide-at-un/

Girl Scouts distributed an explicit sex guide at a UN workshop, the Catholic Family and Human Rights Institute reports. C-FAM says at the Commission on the Status of Women (see WORLD’s coverage here), the Girl Scouts held a panel that kicked out non-Scout adults and distributed an International Planned Parenthood Federation brochure that said the following:

“Many people think sex is just about vaginal or anal intercourse… But, there are lots of different ways to have sex and lots of different types of sex. There is no right or wrong way to have sex. Just have fun, explore and be yourself!” The brochure goes on to encourage young people to “Improve your sex life by getting to know your own body. Play with yourself! Masturbation is a great way to find out more about your body and what you find sexually stimulating. Mix things up by using different kinds of touch from very soft to hard. Talk about or act out your fantasies. Talk dirty to them.”

In the latest development, the Girl Scouts have denied that they distributed the brochure, implying it was left over from a previous event. Austin Ruse, president of C-FAM, responds by saying all previous parallel events that day were not about adolescent topics–the focus of the brochure. He also noted that Girl Scouts has a long-standing relationship with IPPF.

FrankRep
03-17-2010, 11:47 PM
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Evidence Mounts that Girl Scouts Distributed Dangerous Planned Parenthood Sex Guide at UN Panel for Girls

http://www.c-fam.org/publications/id.1592/pub_detail.asp

http://i817.photobucket.com/albums/zz98/frankrep/out.jpg

H.R. 1146: American Sovereignty Restoration Act of 2009 (http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1146)

To end membership of the United States in the United Nations.

Sponsor: Rep. Ron Paul

http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=h111-1146

j6p
03-18-2010, 11:14 AM
How old were these Girls handing out sex guides?

foofighter20x
03-18-2010, 11:21 AM
And as a libertarian, I care about this why again?

dannno
03-18-2010, 11:25 AM
I would actually be more disturbed if they were going around handing out abstinence crap, though Girl Scouts handing out ANYTHING to do with sex is pretty damn disturbing.

jmdrake
03-18-2010, 11:29 AM
I would actually be more disturbed if they were going around handing out abstinence crap, though Girl Scouts handing out ANYTHING to do with sex is pretty damn disturbing.

What's wrong with little girls being taught abstinence? :confused:

silverhandorder
03-18-2010, 11:29 AM
I don't see anything wrong with that. Those girl scouts have supervisors and parents. If they do not like any of that it is their bussiness not ours.

SelfTaught
03-18-2010, 11:37 AM
Girl scout cookies are tasty.

The boxes of baked goods they sell are not bad either.

TonySutton
03-18-2010, 11:40 AM
Girl scouts is a private organization, they can do whatever they wish.

dannno
03-18-2010, 11:47 AM

Well there shouldn't be a law against it, but I don't think that is what I'd be teaching a girl in this day and age, although unless it was my daughter I can't imagine why I'd be teaching a young adolescent girl anything about sex..so yes, even my own daughter I can't really imagine saying that this is the only way to go (thought admittedly I don't have a daughter, I have a pretty good imagination)

Have you seen studies that show girls who take abstinence pledges are more likely to involve themselves in risky sexual behavior at some point, whereas girls who are taught to have sex responsibly are less likely to have risky sexual behavior? They might start slightly younger, but they are more responsible about it and supposedly at decreased risk of pregnancy and disease.

I dunno, maybe the studies are BS leftists propaganda, but I still don't think teaching kids abstinence in this day and age is very realistic at all. Back in the day when kids were getting married at 13, 14, 15 or 16 years old then abstinence until marriage would be a very reasonable thing to teach.. and today, to suggest to many that they wait until marriage which will likely not occur until their 20s might work, but for the vast majority it just isn't realistic at all and by not teaching the alternatives to abstinence you put them in a dangerous situation.

This kind of conflicts with what Christian religions teach, but hey, that's one of the reasons I'm not in a Christian religion..

Brian Defferding
03-18-2010, 11:47 AM
Yeah I'm going to guess this was leftover from the previous event. Whoops! That's pretty hilarious.

But whatever the case, I'm glad they're learning a new trade in case their cookie fundraisers aren't going well. *wink*

nandnor
03-18-2010, 12:08 PM
nvm

tmosley
03-18-2010, 12:13 PM

Because that makes them several times more likely to get pregnant, and several times more likely than that to get STDs.

Abstinence education is not education. It's sticking your head in the sand.

jmdrake
03-18-2010, 12:22 PM
Have you seen studies that show girls who take abstinence pledges are more likely to involve themselves in risky sexual behavior at some point, whereas girls who are taught to have sex responsibly are less likely to have risky sexual behavior?

I've seen studies that show quite the opposite. But regardless of what you believe on that, most would be against 10 year old girls having sex. And simply not saying anything isn't realistic in this day and age. You don't have to go into details, but kids at least need to know that they should not be allowing people to touch them certain places, demanding that they disrobe etc. That's especially true if you have children in public school.

silus
03-18-2010, 12:22 PM
There is only one right answer here...

The end.

jmdrake
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Because that makes them several times more likely to get pregnant, and several times more likely than that to get STDs.

Abstinence education is not education. It's sticking your head in the sand.

I don't think that's true. Not by the studies that I've seen. But even if it was when comparing abstinence based to contraceptive based, it's certainly not true when comparing abstinence based to doing nothing.

SelfTaught
03-18-2010, 12:24 PM
You don't have to go into details, but kids at least need to know that they should be allowing people to touch them certain places, demanding that they disrobe etc.

Did I read this correctly? Pervert.......

MelissaWV
03-18-2010, 12:29 PM

Well, there's a lot of this garbage coming out of the UN lately. They have been talking up "sexual freedom" and what kids should be taught about sex, I believe all the way down to preschool. The US is a member of the UN. This is another reason it should not be.

jmdrake
03-18-2010, 12:30 PM
Did I read this correctly? Pervert.......

You read correctly, I mistyped.

they should not be :o

jmdrake
03-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Well, there's a lot of this garbage coming out of the UN lately. They have been talking up "sexual freedom" and what kids should be taught about sex, I believe all the way down to preschool. The US is a member of the UN. This is another reason it should not be.

And to add relevancy to your point:

http://www.girlscouts.org/who_we_are/global/united_nations.asp
In 2003, Girl Scouts of the USA was granted Special Consultative Status with the United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC). This status allows Girl Scouts of the USA to build on its prior representation efforts at the United Nations. It can now not only share information with its members on issues within the United Nations system, but provide input on issues of importance to our members and to girls globally to UN organizations and member states.

The U.N. gets U.S. taxpayer money and then uses it to subvert private NGOs operating inside the U.S.

fisharmor
03-18-2010, 12:34 PM
I don't see anything wrong with that. Those girl scouts have supervisors and parents. If they do not like any of that it is their bussiness not ours.

This.

Except for the additional complaint that they just had to wait until 20 years after I was a boy scout, didn't they. :D

Interestingly, this has very little to do with my decision not to let either of my girls near the GSA.

Erazmus
03-18-2010, 12:40 PM
My problem comes from UN getting involved in anything. If a private insitution does something fine. If the parents are asked to leave, and they actually do it, fine. But when the UN comes in, there's a problem there.

I hate the UN.

dannno
03-18-2010, 12:43 PM
I've seen studies that show quite the opposite. But regardless of what you believe on that, most would be against 10 year old girls having sex. And simply not saying anything isn't realistic in this day and age. You don't have to go into details, but kids at least need to know that they should not be allowing people to touch them certain places, demanding that they disrobe etc. That's especially true if you have children in public school.

Ok, wait a minute, I was a Cub Scout at age 10.. aren't girls Brownies at that age?

I was a Boy Scout when I was 17, so to say that 10 year old girls are handing these out I don't think is accurate, the question is should be be teaching abstinence only or should we be giving adolescents options in their sexual education?

But ya, I agree that 10 year olds, if anything, should be taught by their parents not to engage in activity that their bodies aren't able to engage in.

jmdrake
03-18-2010, 12:46 PM
Ok, wait a minute, I was a Cub Scout at age 10.. aren't girls Brownies at that age?

I was a Boy Scout when I was 17, so to say that 10 year old girls are handing these out I don't think is accurate, the question is should be be teaching abstinence only or should we be giving adolescents options in their sexual education?

But ya, I agree that 10 year olds, if anything, should be taught by their parents not to engage in activity that their bodies aren't able to engage in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Girl_Scouts_of_the_USA
Age levels
Main article: Girl Scout levels (USA)

The program was originally for girls aged from 10 to 17, but it was subsequently divided into three levels. Brownies (for younger girls) was based on a program developed in England in 1914 and was officially recognized in the mid-1920s. At the same time, girls over 18, or over 16 if First Class Scouts, became known as Senior Scouts. In 1938, the age divisions were: Brownies (ages seven through nine), Intermediates (ages 10 through 13), and Seniors (ages 14 through 17).[26]

In 1963 the age structure was rearranged to Brownies (ages seven through nine, later six through nine), Juniors (ages nine through 11), Cadettes (ages 11 through 14), and Seniors (ages 14 through 17).[27] In 1984, the Daisy program for kindergarten girls or those aged five was introduced.[28] In 2003, the Studio 2B program for girls aged from 11 up to 17 was introduced though Cadettes and Seniors.[29]

And glad we agree. :)

fisharmor
03-18-2010, 12:47 PM

Who are "we" and why are "we" educating girls about sex? And what girls are we talking about?

Any "we" other than my wife and I and any girls other than my two daughters, and then the "we" have a problem.

dannno
03-18-2010, 12:53 PM
Who are "we" and why are "we" educating girls about sex? And what girls are we talking about?

Any "we" other than my wife and I and any girls other than my two daughters, and then the "we" have a problem.

The parents.. and whatever organization said parents wish to involve their children in (for example you could send your child to a private school and opt for a sex education class)

So I'm not a parent, and I'm not saying there needs to be a consensus on how children are taught about sex, but certainly a discussion can take place in order to improve said education and move towards a more viable general consensus.

Brian Defferding
03-18-2010, 01:00 PM
Now that I think about it, Girl Scouts are teenagers from 13-18, when they are having sex anyway and exploring with boys (and maybe girls if that's what they fancy).

So, I don't think this is much news really. The ocean is big and wide out there, you at least gotta teach them how to swim. As long as safe sex is the main focus of the event (which I will give the benefit of the doubt that it is), I see no problem with this at all.

FrankRep
03-18-2010, 01:03 PM
.So, I don't think this is much news really.

I have a big problem with the United Nations sticking their nose in American lifestyle and culture.

SelfTaught
03-18-2010, 01:03 PM
i was a boy scout when i was 17

lol

Erazmus
03-18-2010, 01:05 PM
I have a big problem with the United Nations sticking their nose in American lifestyle and culture.

Agreed.

squarepusher
03-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Girl scout cookies are tasty.

The boxes of baked goods they sell are not bad either.

reported.

jmdrake
03-18-2010, 01:07 PM
Now that I think about it, Girl Scouts are teenagers from 13-18.

No. They start at 10.

Brian Defferding
03-18-2010, 01:08 PM

This isn't the reason why the US needs to be out of the UN though.

speciallyblend
03-18-2010, 01:11 PM

i thought playing with yourself was;) at least they can't get pregnant;)

jmdrake
03-18-2010, 01:12 PM
This isn't the reason why the US needs to be out of the UN though.

Maybe not the reason but certainly a reason. Maybe you don't have a problem with 10 year old girls passing out information about sex. But say if they were passing out information pushing global warming propaganda? The problem is U.S. taxpayer money going to an organization (the U.N.) that uses it to influence organizations Americans trust (the Girl Scouts).

dannno
03-18-2010, 01:18 PM
lol

I didn't have much choice, if you are Mormon, you are a Boy Scout until you are 17. I did use the opportunity to get my Eagle Scout, which is good, it helps getting jobs and stuff.

jmdrake
03-18-2010, 01:24 PM
I didn't have much choice, if you are Mormon, you are a Boy Scout until you are 17. I did use the opportunity to get my Eagle Scout, which is good, it helps getting jobs and stuff.

I highly respect the Mormons stance on "being prepared". The whole "keep water and non-perishable food supply" on hand at all times makes perfect sense to me.

MelissaWV
03-18-2010, 01:27 PM

Being in Scouts is generally more useful than not being in Scouts. Those who "lol" will not be doing so if SHTF :p

And no, this isn't "the" reason we shouldn't be in the UN, but when you get someone who's brainwashed into thinking the UN is for the greater global good, and is out there swooping in and helping the helpless... this tends to wake them up *really* fast.

ChaosControl
03-18-2010, 01:27 PM
Sickening, every day more and more, this world is turning into one giant piece of crap. The human race is de-evolving into the pack of animals they once were.

brandon
03-18-2010, 01:58 PM
US out of North America!

TonySutton
03-18-2010, 02:18 PM
Anyone else think it is strange how parents forget what it was like being a teenager going through puberty?

foofighter20x
03-18-2010, 03:23 PM
Anyone not wanting their child exposed to this kind of behavior by the Girl Scouts have three options:

1. Pull their kid out of Girl Scouts.
2. Pull their kid out of Girl Scouts and start their own club.
3. STFU.

.Tom
03-18-2010, 03:30 PM
FUNNY HOW pro-liberty, negative rights accepting guys suddenly contradict their moral views when it comes to children. Quite common around these circles too, aye.

I don't know who you're referring to, but I support the equal rights of all individuals, regardless of things like age.

Hell, if the girl scouts want to go door to door selling dildos, be my guest!

j6p
03-18-2010, 05:49 PM
The same parents that put there little girls in girls scouts handing out sexual information, are the same parents that want laws and regulation protecting the kids. This is more then disgusting

SelfTaught
03-18-2010, 07:07 PM
Anyone else think it is strange how parents forget what it was like being a teenager going through puberty?

They didn't forget. They just remember that a lot of dumb shit happened when they were young.

Just think about it. No mother is going to tell her child about how she once blew 7 dudes in a row when she was 16. You can want your children to be informed but there is a limit as to what kind of behavior is acceptable, even if you've done said behavior in the past.