PDA

View Full Version : Is there a mistake?

sleeper
10-08-2007, 08:35 PM
Voted NO on decreasing gun waiting period from 3 days to 1. (Jun 1999)

Shouldn't it be the other way around? Is there any mistakes anyone else can find on this site??

http://www.ontheissues.org/Ron_Paul.htm#Gun_Control

OptionsTrader
10-08-2007, 08:36 PM
Is there any mistakes anyone else can find on this site?

Yes. Incorrect use of a verb.

sleeper
10-08-2007, 08:39 PM
If I am not mistaken hasn't the NRA now given Ron a B instead of an A rating?
What happened over them years I wonder? Maybe the NRA should get a flood of emails explaining this to us?

Let airlines make rules about passenger guns to fight terror. (Sep 2007)
Opposes the DC Gun Ban; it's not just a "collective right". (Mar 2007)
Ease procedures on the purchase and registration of firearms. (Nov 1996)
Allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms. (Nov 1996)
Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
Voted NO on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
Support the Second Amendment . (Dec 2000)
Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)

wgadget
10-08-2007, 08:40 PM
Yes. Incorrect use of a verb.

LOL...More specifically, subject/verb agreement.

:)

OptionsTrader
10-08-2007, 08:41 PM
LOL...More specifically, subject/verb agreement.

:)

You is correct.

ACJohn
10-08-2007, 08:49 PM
You have to be careful sometimes other things are in these Bills amd the No vote could have been for other things.

aksmith
10-08-2007, 08:52 PM
If I am not mistaken hasn't the NRA now given Ron a B instead of an A rating?
What happened over them years I wonder? Maybe the NRA should get a flood of emails explaining this to us?

Let airlines make rules about passenger guns to fight terror. (Sep 2007)
Opposes the DC Gun Ban; it's not just a "collective right". (Mar 2007)
Ease procedures on the purchase and registration of firearms. (Nov 1996)
Allow law-abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms. (Nov 1996)
Voted NO on prohibiting product misuse lawsuits on gun manufacturers. (Oct 2005)
Voted NO on prohibiting suing gunmakers & sellers for gun misuse. (Apr 2003)
Support the Second Amendment . (Dec 2000)
Rated A by the NRA, indicating a pro-gun rights voting record. (Dec 2003)

He got a B from NRA because he refused to go along with their unconstitutional attempt to limit liability for the corporate gun industry. He is perfectly consistent in his support of gun rights, while the NRA is the largest gun control organization in the country.

The NRA gives high ratings to those politicians who voted for the McCain-Feingold Free Speech limitation Law. And that is more injurious to gun rights than a lot of specifically anti-gun legislation. The NRA gargles my nads.

FluffyUnbound
10-08-2007, 08:58 PM
The No Vote on this bill is quite understandable.

The bill contains a waiting period to purchase a gun.

This means Ron couldn't vote for it, because it's unConstitutional.

The fact that the waiting period in this unConstitutional bill is shorter than the waiting period in a previous unConstitutional bill isn't really material.

Spirit of '76
10-08-2007, 08:59 PM
Didn't he vote against it because he believes the fedgov has no right to implement any sort of waiting period at all, even a one day period?

In 2003 he introduced legislation that would have repealed waiting periods totally.

0zzy
10-08-2007, 09:05 PM
I might be at odds with Paul on this one. Or maybe not.

I think everyone should have access to any firearm. But I think there should be a background check to see if they are mentally capable to have one, to see if they ever used a weapon besides self defense (robbing a store, shooting someone, drive by shooting, etc.).

But, I dono. :x

sleeper
10-08-2007, 09:11 PM
The No Vote on this bill is quite understandable.

The bill contains a waiting period to purchase a gun.

This means Ron couldn't vote for it, because it's unConstitutional.

The fact that the waiting period in this unConstitutional bill is shorter than the waiting period in a previous unConstitutional bill isn't really material.

Understand now.. No waiting period at all then.. I like the conceal carry he implicated. Without taking a fed test to do so and along with being able to carry it across the state line without a hassle... Can't get any more pro than that I would think.. I believe people should be allowed to own fully automatics and anything short of a rocket launcher I do.. That would put the power back to the people I do have to say.. Oh yes it would.. Even the playing field a bit with some intimadation of our own..:)

sleeper
10-08-2007, 09:15 PM
I might be at odds with Paul on this one. Or maybe not.

I think everyone should have access to any firearm. But I think there should be a background check to see if they are mentally capable to have one, to see if they ever used a weapon besides self defense (robbing a store, shooting someone, drive by shooting, etc.).

But, I dono. :x

I thought about this also.. I came to the conclusion why pay to have them loons placed in prison or tried if everyone else had a weapon around.. Remove them people from the gene poll permantently.. This country would be safer I do believe.
The police can't protect you 24/7...

inibo
10-08-2007, 09:41 PM
Should ex-convicts be allowed to posses firearms?

sleeper
10-08-2007, 10:07 PM

If they did all their time including probation and I have no problem with it..
They paid their price and should be reinstated all their rights..
If some one killed someone say 15 years ago and they did all the requirements to let them walk around free unsupervised,Shouldn't that person be entitled to be trusted with a gun? If he is not trust worthy then why take him off probation or release him from prison for that matter? You think he couldn't get a gun if he wanted to? Look in trade magazines and your local paper. Guns for sale all the time and without regerstration except for hand guns.. Yes, if they did all their time then yes.. Gun laws are stupid and don't work..

Roxi
10-08-2007, 10:10 PM

absolutely...on general principle the key word here is EX convicts... these people were convicted of a felony (a lot of states have a 3 strikes your out rule which means if you steal candy from a store 3 time you have an automatic felony) WHICH means they also served the time they were required. You can't ban a group of people from something based on what ifs. I believe theres a large percentage of people that are excons that also never did what they were convicted of. However, i believe the gun shop owner should do background checks and reserve the right to refuse sales to anyone.

quickmike
10-08-2007, 10:13 PM

Depends on what they were convicted for I guess.

Should a violent criminal who shot someone in the back of the head for their wallet be able to own a gun after getting out of prison? I dont think so.

Should a drug offender be able to own a gun? Sure, I think they should be able to.

Depends on the crime I guess.

sleeper
10-08-2007, 10:24 PM
Depends on what they were convicted for I guess.

Should a violent criminal who shot someone in the back of the head for their wallet be able to own a gun after getting out of prison? I dont think so.

Should a drug offender be able to own a gun? Sure, I think they should be able to.

Depends on the crime I guess.

Well if they shot someone in the back of the head I think that should be lfe in prison or the death penalty or a chance to never get off of parole..Depends pn the age also I have to say..But if they did all their time required for the crime then yes. They should have all their rights back.. Like I said you couldn't prevent these people from buying a gun if you wanted to..

libertarianguy
10-08-2007, 10:30 PM
test

quickmike
10-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Well if they shot someone in the back of the head I think that should be lfe in prison or the death penalty or a chance to never get off of parole..Depends pn the age also I have to say..But if they did all their time required for the crime then yes. They should have all their rights back.. Like I said you couldn't prevent these people from buying a gun if you wanted to..

thats true.

Same argument against the war on drugs I guess.