PDA

View Full Version : Senate passes "Jobs Bill"

GunnyFreedom
03-17-2010, 09:00 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/03/17/senate-poised-clear-jobs-obama/?test=latestnews

Senate Sends Jobs Bill to Obama's Desk

Optimistic estimates predict the tax break could generate perhaps 250,000 jobs through the end of the year, but that would be just a tiny fraction of the 8.4 million jobs lost since the start of the recession.

The measure is part of a campaign by Democrats to show that they are addressing the nation's unemployment problem, but that message was overshadowed by Congress' feverish final push to pass health care overhaul legislation by this weekend.

The bill which passed Wednesday contains about $18 billion in tax breaks and a $20 billion infusion of cash into highway and transit programs. Among other things, it exempts businesses that hire the unemployed from paying the 6.2 percent Social Security payroll tax through December and gives employers an additional $1,000 credit if new workers stay on the job a full year. Taxpayers will have to reimburse Social Security for the lost revenue.

OK, let me see if I get this right. $18 BN plus $20 BN to create 250,000 jobs

$38 BILLION dollars for 250,000 jobs

At $152,000 PER JOB why not just give 1 million unemployed people $38,000 each and help 4 times as many people?????? WTF? Not that handouts are a good idea, I'm just saying the math on this is bloody awful.

noxagol
03-17-2010, 09:20 AM
Indeed. No one seems to understand that jobs do not create a good economy, a good economy creates jobs.