PDA

View Full Version : On my census form

JustinTime
03-16-2010, 08:33 PM
I dont normally listen to Limbaugh, but I caught a few minutes of his show today and he suggested checking off "other" as your race, and writing in "American".

Im doing it because I dont believe the government should be able to make any division among the citizens, or even recognize race at all.

Does anyone see any problems with that?

Cowlesy
03-16-2010, 08:37 PM
Do as you are comfortable, but I think not filling it out (that specific question) period and making them come after you for the $100 fine and taking them to court on Constitutional grounds is probably the best way to assert yourself as an American.

tremendoustie
03-16-2010, 08:38 PM
I dont normally listen to Limbaugh, but I caught a few minutes of his show today and he suggested checking off "other" as your race, and writing in "American".

Im doing it because I dont believe the government should be able to make any division among the citizens, or even recognize race at all.

A lot of people are entering "human", only answering the first question (number of people), or just ignoring the whole census.

I support anything other than quietly going along with their invasion of privacy. The less "quietly going along" we have, the better.

JustinTime
03-16-2010, 08:47 PM
Some of the old ladies (young men) I work with were almost in agony when I said I was going to do it, they kept telling me "American aint a race, its a nash-a-nalla-tee, fool!"

I dont see why the government needs to know, and I have seen enough in my 35 years to know they will only use the information to divide up the populace and set us against each other.

Im no PC sissy, I know people will naturally divide up, bicker and fight, but its not the governments job to do the dividing for us and Im 100% against giving them the information to do it.

Anti Federalist
03-16-2010, 08:57 PM

Census data was turned over to DHS in 2003, regarding Arab-Americans

It was used during WWII to put Japanese-Americans in prison camps.

Enter that data at your own risk.

tremendoustie
03-16-2010, 09:09 PM
Some of the old ladies (young men) I work with were almost in agony when I said I was going to do it, they kept telling me "American aint a race, its a nash-a-nalla-tee, fool!"

I dont see why the government needs to know, and I have seen enough in my 35 years to know they will only use the information to divide up the populace and set us against each other.

Im no PC sissy, I know people will naturally divide up, bicker and fight, but its not the governments job to do the dividing for us and Im 100% against giving them the information to do it.

Amen to that.

JustinTime
03-17-2010, 06:29 AM
Census data was turned over to DHS in 2003, regarding Arab-Americans

It was used during WWII to put Japanese-Americans in prison camps.

Enter that data at your own risk.

I thought the census bureau categorized Arabs and other middle-easterners as white?
I was reading something just the other day where some ethnic advocacy group was fighting to change that. Seems odd to me, if they are really all that discriminated against, you'd think they'd prefer the government keep calling them white.

Bucjason
03-17-2010, 06:56 AM
I find it amusing however where "Negro" is an option to select, lol.

The only reason they need to know races , is so when they campaign in certain regions , the politicians know who they need to pander to.