PDA

View Full Version : I just got my Census form. I must have gotten the LOOONG one

JP2010
03-16-2010, 04:45 PM
It's 5 pages long!

Good thing I only plan on filling out the first question:

How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010.

I guess they want me to predict the future as well...

MelissaWV
03-16-2010, 04:46 PM
It's 5 pages long!

How many people were living or staying in this house, apartment, or mobile home on April 1, 2010.

I guess they want me to predict the future as well...

You probably got the ACS. I pity you. That brings a whole new can of worms with it.

belian78
03-16-2010, 04:49 PM
how so? i got the same form.

chudrockz
03-16-2010, 04:50 PM
I got both. I got the American Community Survey about two months ago, and the census today. Sigh.

JP2010
03-16-2010, 04:50 PM
Some more questions:

Do I own the home I'm living in
What are the races of everyone living there
What is everyone's gender, birthdate, and their relation to the first person you put down

JP2010
03-16-2010, 04:51 PM
You probably got the ACS. I pity you. That brings a whole new can of worms with it.

This one says Census 2010 at the top.

belian78
03-16-2010, 04:57 PM
well i'm still only going to fill out the first question, how many people live in my residence. it doesnt matter if i own my home or rent.

MelissaWV
03-16-2010, 04:57 PM
I posted portions of this elsewhere for depressing comedic value, but here's the main thing (emphasis mine):

https://ask.census.gov/cgi-bin/askcensus.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=781&p_created=1103807925&p_sid=jINnc1Xj&p_accessibility=0&p_redirect=&p_srch=&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD0xMzIzLDEzMjMmcF9wcm9kcz0mcF9jYXRzPSZwX3B 2PSZwX2N2PSZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlPWFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX 25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1

What is the American Community Survey?

The ACS is part of the Decennial Census Program. It is a survey that is sent to a small percentage of our population on a rotating basis. These data previously were collected only in census years in conjunction with the decennial census. Since the ACS is conducted every year, rather than once every ten years, it will provide more current data throughout the decade.

The ACS is conducted under the authority of Title 13, United States Code, Sections 141 and 193. The Census Bureau may use the information it collects only for statistical purposes. Title 13 requires the Census Bureau to keep all information about you, and all other respondents, strictly confidential.

Do I have to answer the ACS questions?

Yes. Response to this survey is required by law (Section 221 of Title 13 ).

Respondents are required to answer all questions on the ACS to the best of their ability. Your answers are very important because they represent the answers of many other similar households in your community. The data that you and others provide in response to this survey are required to manage or evaluate federal and state government programs. If you submit an incomplete form or provide data that are unclear, we may contact you by phone or in person to obtain or clarify the missing information.

I've never seen anything this intrusive. Why do you ask such detailed questions?

The ACS questionnaire asks very detailed questions because we are required to collect specific information for federal and state government programs. For example, long-term care providers and community planners use information about disability to help them decide where to locate services and facilities. Federal and state government transportation planning agencies use journey-to-work information for roads and public transit development. You can find Fact Sheets on the ACS Web site that explain why we ask these questions.

Why am I getting phone calls from the ACS?

In order to collect the required information, we use a multi-part mail strategy coupled with telephone calls and personal visits, if necessary. First, we send a prenotice letter to let households know that they will soon receive a questionnaire. In order to improve response, we send a replacement questionnaire to non-respondents about three weeks after the initial questionnaire was delivered. If we do not receive a completed questionnaire after the replacement questionnaire is delivered, we may refer the case to one of our call centers. Since many people work during the week, the telephone interviewers call non-respondents in the evening and on weekends. If we are unable to reach an address by telephone, we may send one of our field representatives to the address to complete the interview in person.

I am unable to respond because of my age and poor health.

We regret that you have been unwell. However, a response to the questionnaire is required by law. If it would be easier for you, you can call us toll-free on 1-800-354-7271 and complete the questionnaire over the phone. If you are not able to complete the questionnaire by yourself, you can ask a friend or relative to help you.* * *

I tried to look up the penalty for "not answering" or "giving false information," but curiously enough the Census website slows my computer down terribly.

In reality, they can't prove you gave false information, because as it says in the FAQ they can't cross-reference the data you provide with data from other Government institutions :rolleyes: (utter bullshit if you read other Census threads in the forum).

I say it opens another can of worms because, in reading this, it seems that they will mail things over and over, call you on nights and weekends, and then finally come to your home as well (probably repeatedly). It's more aggressive than the regular Census.

MelissaWV
03-16-2010, 05:00 PM
This one says Census 2010 at the top.

They are both Census 2010 forms.

polomertz
03-16-2010, 05:08 PM
Lol I just got my SAT test, I mean Census in the mail today also.

tremendoustie
03-16-2010, 05:14 PM
I got one of those surveys a couple years go. Questions about if we have trouble climbing stairs, or bathing ourselves, how many appliances we have, what our schedules are like, etc. Absolutely sickening.

UtahApocalypse
03-16-2010, 05:19 PM

and attach this:

To Whom it May Concern,

Pursuant to Article I, Section 2, Clause 3 of the Constitution, the only information you are empowered to request is the total number of occupants at this address. My “name, sex, age, date of birth, race, ethnicity, telephone number, relationship and housing tenure” have absolutely nothing to do with apportioning direct taxes or determining the number of representatives in the House of Representatives. Therefore, neither Congress nor the Census Bureau have the constitutional authority to make that information request a component of the enumeration outlined in Article I, Section 2, Clause 3. In addition, I cannot be subject to a fine for basing my conduct on the Constitution because that document trumps laws passed by Congress.

Interstate Commerce Commission v. Brimson, 154 U.S. 447, 479 (May 26, 1894)

“Neither branch of the legislative department [House of Representatives or Senate], still less any merely administrative body [such as the Census Bureau], established by congress, possesses, or can be invested with, a general power of making inquiry into the private affairs of the citizen. Kilbourn v. Thompson, 103 U.S. 168, 190. We said in Boyd v. U.S., 116 U. S. 616, 630, 6 Sup. Ct. 524,―and it cannot be too often repeated,―that the principles that embody the essence of constitutional liberty and security forbid all invasions on the part of government and it’s employees of the sanctity of a man’s home and the privacies of his life. As said by Mr. Justice Field in Re Pacific Ry. Commission, 32 Fed. 241, 250, ‘of all the rights of the citizen, few are of greater importance or more essential to his peace and happiness than the right of personal security, and that involves, not merely protection of his person from assault, but exemption of his private affairs, books, and papers from inspection and scrutiny of others. Without the enjoyment of this right, all others would lose half their value.’”

Note: This United States Supreme Court case has never been overturned.

Respectfully,

A Citizen of the United States of America

runningdiz
03-16-2010, 05:22 PM
My census fell in the shredder. I don't know what to do :(

MN Patriot
03-16-2010, 06:00 PM
I got the short form. Took about 4 minutes.:cool:

torchbearer
03-16-2010, 06:14 PM

the leading cause of death for census forms... from what i hear.

Taco John
03-16-2010, 06:38 PM
Got mine today. I filled out the number of people in the house and sent it back.

Arklatex
03-16-2010, 06:43 PM
Ah yes I remember once sitting taking a "mandatory" test in college, my anglo male friend beside me marking he was an African female. He had some funny answers.

mczerone
03-16-2010, 06:48 PM
I think I'm gonna give them a mathematical formula equivalent to the answer. Something involving the zeta function, e, pi, i, a cosine or two, and maybe even a matrix.

ETA: oh yeah, and some volume integrals, definitely need some definite integrals.

olehounddog
03-16-2010, 06:50 PM
Yep...just the 1st question which has it's own seperate shaded box.

phazespace
03-16-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm answering question 1.

So here's some info from ron paul:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul649.html

then there's the Judge w/Walter E. Williams:
YouTube - Walter E Williams on the Census (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=matl8i9kc7w)

I may include this letter:
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/52847.html

(which Utah has also copied)

Michael Landon
03-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Does anyone else think that just answering the first question and sending it back is basically painting a big red bullseye on your back? Seriously, if the government wanted my name, address, phone # and children's names they can get all that info in some other way. I have a feeling that by not answering the census you may be setting yourself up as a potential "domestic terrorist" and the SS will come knocking.

- ML

freedoms-light
03-16-2010, 09:38 PM
The

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs132.snc3/17944_296573286513_590031513_4633410_625383_s.jpg

Ate my Census form...

Census workers - Be warned...

South Park Fan
03-16-2010, 09:40 PM
I am Filipino, with a Pygmy mother and a "Race" father.

tremendoustie
03-16-2010, 09:50 PM

The

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs132.snc3/17944_296573286513_590031513_4633410_625383_s.jpg

Ate my Census form...

Census workers - Be warned...

I love my RPF peeps. You're all awesome. Where's the teary eyed emoticon when you need it *sniffle

tremendoustie
03-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Does anyone else think that just answering the first question and sending it back is basically painting a big red bullseye on your back? Seriously, if the government wanted my name, address, phone # and children's names they can get all that info in some other way. I have a feeling that by not answering the census you may be setting yourself up as a potential "domestic terrorist" and the SS will come knocking.

- ML

The best way to blend in then may be to not answer at all. I guarantee there will be tons of people who don't answer, most for entirely unprincipled reasons.

Carson
03-16-2010, 09:58 PM
Enforcing the immigration laws is required by law AND many have sworn an oath of office to do so.

Still! What do we get?

Not that two wrongs don't make a right...or something like that but hey three rights do equal a left.

Carson
03-16-2010, 10:04 PM
I didn't get my census letter yet but boy howdy did I get my letter saying to watch for the census letter coming in about a week.

What is up with that? Should I send a thank you I received your notice to notice?

tremendoustie
03-16-2010, 10:06 PM
I didn't get my census letter yet but boy howdy did I get my letter saying to watch for the census letter coming in about a week.

What is up with that? Should I send a thank you I received your notice to notice?

I think you should send them a fee schedule. Ask them what service they would like. $50 for number in household only, or $300 for the full form. Tell them you'll do the work as soon as you receive payment. :D

mczerone
03-16-2010, 10:08 PM
I think you should send them a fee schedule. Ask them what service they would like. $50 for number in household only, or $300 for the full form. Tell them you'll do the work as soon as you receive payment. :D

But you can't do that! You'll be "wasting taxpayer money"!

Note: whenever a subject asks for payment, the money is "the people's." Whenever the government looks to expand entitlements, the money is "available free to the people".

devil21
03-17-2010, 12:33 AM
I answered most questions but they don't need my name or other specific identifying info. Yeah Im white and I live here alone. Thats enough info for you.

Danke
03-17-2010, 12:53 AM
If you are a Sovereign, do with it as you may.

If you are a US citizen slave, you'd better answer the questions.

tremendoustie
03-19-2010, 02:48 PM
I got the short form. Took about 4 minutes.:cool:

You have a slow shredder. :p:D

tangent4ronpaul
03-19-2010, 03:02 PM
The FBI was warning about bogus cencus forms being sent out. Apparently theives are mailing these out and using them to aid in identity theft and other crimes. What's your DoB, SS number?, what time do you leave for work? Do you live alone...

-t

tangent4ronpaul
03-19-2010, 03:03 PM
you have a slow shredder. :p:d

+1776

Elwar
03-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Got mine today. I filled out the number of people in the house and sent it back.

+1

tmosley
03-19-2010, 05:24 PM
So, why do they need everyone's phone number? I can't think of a single legitimate reason.

phill4paul
03-19-2010, 05:27 PM
So, why do they need everyone's phone number? I can't think of a single legitimate reason.
They actually ask that? Why not your bank account and pin number to go with it.

MelissaWV
03-19-2010, 05:30 PM

So they can call you if they "don't understand" your answers? :rolleyes:

devil21
03-19-2010, 05:37 PM
They actually ask that? Why not your bank account and pin number to go with it.

Be patient. If the health bill passes that will be required info.

phill4paul
03-19-2010, 05:43 PM
Be patient. If the health bill passes that will be required info.

I'm sure. To those that will acquiesce to the mandate. ;)