PDA

View Full Version : China should build the world's strongest military and move swiftly to topple the US

keepitlow
03-16-2010, 12:33 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6200P620100301

China should build the world's strongest military and move swiftly to topple the United States as the global "champion," a senior Chinese PLA officer says in a new book reflecting swelling nationalist ambitions.

ctiger2
03-16-2010, 12:51 PM
I say let them do it and spend their money.

TonySutton
03-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Spend spend spend

BuddyRey
03-16-2010, 12:53 PM
I'm not going to completely discount the possibility, but in general, when even the most powerful military goes against guerilla forces and civilians protecting their homeland, they fall flat on their faces.

Chieppa1
03-16-2010, 12:56 PM
I say let them do it and spend their money.

I find it ironic that if they did do something like invade, all of us domestic radicals would be the only ones that have any idea how to defend ourselves.

I always bring that up when I get the demeaning Liberal trying to insult me.

sofia
03-16-2010, 12:58 PM
i wouldnt fight for this shitty government...If China ever did invade I'd just move to some caribean island

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
03-16-2010, 01:02 PM
i wouldnt fight for this shitty government...If China ever did invade I'd just move to some caribean island

I would not fight for this government but I would fight for my family, my home, my community and my people.

sofia
03-16-2010, 01:07 PM
I would not fight for this government but I would fight for my family, my home, my community and my people.

China is an authoritarian state....but they really have no interest in conquering us.

If we ever went to war and China invaded, it would only be because we continue to provoke and threaten them.

They might just be content with just toppling our criminal regime and allowing us to replace it with a non interventionist government.

One thing is for sure....something is in the works. Hollywood is releasing a new Red Dawn this year....with China invading USA.

Chieppa1
03-16-2010, 01:25 PM

This is what I mean. Of course half my community and my family are on board with the left.

Blueskies
03-16-2010, 01:28 PM

They say the rebels in Iraq still fight for Saddam
but thats bullshit ill show you why its totally wrong
'cause if another country invaded the hood tonight
it'd be warfare through harlem and washington heights
i wouldnt be fighting for bush or white americas dream
id be fighting for my people, survival and self-esteem
i wouldnt fight for racist churches in the south my nigga
id be fighting to keep the occupation out my nigga
you ever clocked someone who talk shit or look at you wrong
imagine if they shot at you and was rapin your moms

Jeremy
03-16-2010, 01:30 PM
Waste of money like the US and SU in the Cold War. The military should only be for defense.

BlackTerrel
03-16-2010, 01:42 PM
I'm not going to completely discount the possibility, but in general, when even the most powerful military goes against guerilla forces and civilians protecting their homeland, they fall flat on their faces.

It depends how much stomach you have. If the US wanted we could turn Afghanistan or Iraq into a parking lot in 48 hours.

The Chinese might care less about civilian casualties than we do.

fj45lvr
03-16-2010, 01:43 PM
maybe they'd take back Taiwan first....baby steps

Pete_00
03-16-2010, 04:16 PM
They are talking about defending themselfs from the Israel-US-UK-West Junta thats all. Russia, China and the East are becoming what the US and the West were during the Cold War and the West is becoming the new USSR.

"To save itself, to save the world, China must prepare to become the (world's) helmsman."

I wish them good luck.

dannno
03-16-2010, 04:37 PM

That probably depends on your definition of "we"

emazur
03-16-2010, 04:37 PM
China doesn't need its military to topple the US. Gregory Zerzan was deputy assistant secretary and acting assistant secretary of the Treasury under Bush and wrote "Dollar is a national security issue"
http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009/oct/16/dollar-is-a-national-security-issue/

But this can last only as long as the world has faith in the dollar. Many things can shake that faith, ranging from long-term budget deficits to economic weakness to dissatisfaction with U.S. foreign policy. There is no permanent reason the world has to prefer the dollar.

Losing the dollar's leading role would have profound implications for the United States. It would be much more difficult to borrow money, and interest rates would have to rise. Foreign governments would sell dollars to buy other currencies or assets. America would likewise need other currencies to buy critical resources like oil and iron ore. This would further drive down value and increase inflation.

These changes would likely occur over time, but losing the dollar's status would immediately place America in a vulnerable position. If the world no longer relied on the dollar, other nations could try to intentionally destroy its value. The results of an attack on the dollar would be disastrous.

The U.S. budget, which currently operates by running a $12 trillion debt, would have to radically shrink. Unable to meet our obligations, funding for basic services would be slashed and entitlements like Social Security would go unpaid. Most significant, the United States military would be unable to support its operations on anything close to current levels. America would lose the flexibility it has to fund a military with a global presence. Not coincidentally, the foremost competitors to the United States are also the biggest proponents of slashing the dollar's role. China, Russia and Iran are among the leading advocates for replacing the dollar.

Americans seem to be catching on:
"Zogby Interactive: Americans Say Debt to China More Serious Threat Than Terrorism"
http://www.zogby.com/news/ReadNews.cfm?ID=1824
which just makes Ron Paul all the more credible. If it came down to Ron Paul vs. Obama in 2012, it would be a repeat of Reagan vs. Carter in 1980, only this time we'd have someone serious about getting the job done.

dannno
03-16-2010, 04:38 PM
maybe they'd take back Taiwan first....baby steps

Didn't we just send Taiwan a bunch of weapons and China got pissed?

awake
03-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Better hope they don't follow U.S. example of foreign policy. Making the world safe for commacracy.

tremendoustie
03-16-2010, 04:40 PM

Exactly right. Occupations are unwinnable.

Bman
03-16-2010, 04:41 PM
Well, China is in a pickle at the moment. They've been manipulating currencies and are in heavy denial that they are just as responsible as the next for global conditions.

The uppers are getting ready to play hardball with China because the Chinese over played their hand and are late to realize that the U.S. actually has the upper hand in our current situation.

So now we wait to see how things play out,but the last time things like this played out we ended up with World War 2.

ARealConservative
03-16-2010, 04:42 PM
it would be kind of funny to see us trying to engage in an arms race with the very people that bankroll us.

~ in a twisted train wreck kind of way

MelissaWV
03-16-2010, 04:43 PM
Why do they need a military to topple what's already rightfully theirs?

Bman
03-16-2010, 04:47 PM
Why do they need a military to topple what's already rightfully theirs?

Because the next move is to accuse China of fraud. Lets see how they react. We can see how they are starting to react based on these comments, but that's the situation.

puppetmaster
03-16-2010, 05:04 PM

obama...is that you??

puppetmaster
03-16-2010, 05:05 PM
am I your people? massa

tremendoustie
03-16-2010, 05:06 PM
It depends how much stomach you have. If the US wanted we could turn Afghanistan or Iraq into a parking lot in 48 hours.

Radioactive parking lots aren't really worth taking over.

And people tend to have consciences, warped though they sometimes are. It'd be hard to get a large number of people to go along with the mass murder of millions of people who are obviously not even a threat.

tremendoustie
03-16-2010, 05:07 PM
obama...is that you??

No, obama will just send others off to protect his power and the power of his corpratist buddies.

MelissaWV
03-16-2010, 05:18 PM

And people tend to have consciences, warped though they sometimes are. It'd be hard to get a large number of people to go along with the mass murder of millions of people who are obviously not even a threat.

Things like that are only supported in immediate retaliation.

Nah, this country prefers to kill millions very slowly. :mad: :(

John Taylor
03-16-2010, 05:20 PM

Who said anything about fighting for a government? What about fighting for your own liberty, your own freedom, your own life? Perhaps you would rather die than raise yourself from a lethargic sprawl in front of your computer monitor.

speciallyblend
03-16-2010, 05:25 PM
China is an authoritarian state....but they really have no interest in conquering us.

If we ever went to war and China invaded, it would only be because we continue to provoke and threaten them.

They might just be content with just toppling our criminal regime and allowing us to replace it with a non interventionist government.

One thing is for sure....something is in the works. Hollywood is releasing a new Red Dawn this year....with China invading USA.

haha, funny you say that. a friend of mine is in the new red dawn movie coming out. she is in the prison encampment;)

youngbuck
03-16-2010, 05:39 PM
China would never win a war against the west.

US, all the other NATO countries, S. Korea, Japan, etc. would demolish them. Plus, you have to consider that neither Russia nor India are the best of friends with China. It'd be interesting to see who the new Axis and Allies ended up being, but China would be between a rock and a hard (uranium plated) place.

BlackTerrel
03-17-2010, 12:12 AM

Much of history is filled with such bloodshed, even in the case of seemingly good and moral people. The founding fathers that are revered here so much didn't seem to have much issue with going to foreign lands and loading up boat loads of people to be owned by other people.

Less than a century ago Hitler and Stalin killed tens of millions of innocents for no apparent reasons.

Despite what goes on these days, we are living in relatively peaceful time compared to much of recorded history.

andrewh817
03-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Yeah military invasion is only wrong when the US is invading.....

johngr
03-17-2010, 07:54 AM
i wouldnt be fighting for bush or white jewish americas dream

There, fixed it for him.

Pete_00
03-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Much of history is filled with such bloodshed, even in the case of seemingly good and moral people. The founding fathers that are revered here so much didn't seem to have much issue with going to foreign lands and loading up boat loads of people to be owned by other people.

Less than a century ago Hitler and Stalin killed tens of millions of innocents for no apparent reasons.

Despite what goes on these days, we are living in relatively peaceful time compared to much of recorded history.

"Your people" rounded up the slaves and sold them to the white man. And today, the slavery "your people" practices, reduces the old slavery to insignificance both in numbers and in cruelty. "Your people" never complains about how the Arabs were the first to enslave you and "your people" also never complains about how the people that dominated the slave trade business had white skins but were not exactly white...because it seems that "your people" always goes after the easy target and always does what "light skinned" commies tell them to do.

Maybe if "your people" stopped being tools of the commies and stopped having the "us vs them" and the "blame whitey" mentality they would be in a better shape.

"Your people" also doesnt seem to be able to shut up about their blackness and thats where most of the "whitey" anger comes from, not from the color of "your people" skin but from the fact that "your people" seems to care for nothing but "race".

The Patriot
03-17-2010, 09:26 AM
I would head for the hills and fight the Red Army Guerilla style if they wanted to invade my country. Can you say "Wolverines!!!"?
YouTube - Red Dawn - Clip 06 - WOLVERINES! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BoM6IFiyRjE)

Wolverine302
03-17-2010, 09:31 AM
China does have to topple our military, we're doing it to ourselves.

The Patriot
03-17-2010, 09:31 AM
China would fail in a land invasion of America and bankrupt themselves. They aren't immune from bankruptcy. They would have to monetize their debt and go into hyperinflation to finance a third world war. Not to mention the would be bankrupting their largest debtor(America). China would be just as hurt from America defaulting as America would. All empires fall, and if China has designs to be the next world empire, they will fall eventually as well.

Original_Intent
03-17-2010, 09:41 AM
China doesn't have to invade - they just need to poison all the toys in the happy meals and that would wipe us out.

BlackTerrel
03-17-2010, 06:29 PM
"Your people" rounded up the slaves and sold them to the white man. And today, the slavery "your people" practices, reduces the old slavery to insignificance both in numbers and in cruelty. "Your people" never complains about how the Arabs were the first to enslave you and "your people" also never complains about how the people that dominated the slave trade business had white skins but were not exactly white...because it seems that "your people" always goes after the easy target and always does what "light skinned" commies tell them to do.

What the F are you talking about dude? I didn't blame anyone - you're itching for a fight.

"Your people" also doesnt seem to be able to shut up about their blackness and thats where most of the "whitey" anger comes from, not from the color of "your people" skin but from the fact that "your people" seems to care for nothing but "race".

Yeah I'm pretty sure you're full of it. Here's a clue: "Whitey" is not angry. Just you. Most white people get along with black people just fine.

RedStripe
03-17-2010, 06:35 PM
The Chinese will watch the U.S. fall the same way we watched the U.S.S.R. collapse - no shots fired.

Pericles
03-17-2010, 06:37 PM
YouTube - 06 New Chinese Military Parade 2009 国庆60周年特别报道直* Shilochi (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ijgIlHn5F0)

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-17-2010, 07:16 PM
http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE6200P620100301

China should build the world's strongest military and move swiftly to topple the United States as the global "champion," a senior Chinese PLA officer says in a new book reflecting swelling nationalist ambitions.

In order to set up today's world market, the United States first had to save the world from tyranny. It then lent the world billions (trillions back then) to rebuild itself which it never paid back. Now, just how many trillions upon trillions of dollars would it take China to invade Taiwan much less the U.S.? If China wants what it thinks it is owed, then that is what they are going to have to do. Otherwise it is just a peace time investment. Go to war, all bets are off as debt is wiped clean as the old world market will be forever altered.

jabf2006
03-17-2010, 07:55 PM
This is stupid. Why would China want to go to war with a country it is buying? Would I set fire to a house I'm buying? No.

phill4paul
03-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Unfortunately these days it could work. There is no longer a gun behind every blade of grass because of government propaganda and laws. There will be even less in the next generation.

Pericles
03-18-2010, 10:20 AM
This is stupid. Why would China want to go to war with a country it is buying? Would I set fire to a house I'm buying? No.

They will do whatever their concept of "face" requires, be it invade Taiwan or whatever.

Other cultures act in a way rational to them, which we may or may not think rational according to our cultural context.

wizardwatson
03-18-2010, 10:29 AM
The thread title is out of context. It's supposed to be "topple the US as the global champion."

All they are saying is that they want to be the new empire.

I think the behavior and rhetoric of these nation-state bureaucrats is hilarious. It doesn't seem to matter how many empires collapse, all from violating economic fundamentals, they all lust after the prestige of being a "global superpower".

All like lemmings running off a cliff.

All while the true economic power centers operate virtually independent of nation-states.

ARealConservative
03-18-2010, 10:40 AM
In order to set up today's world market, the United States first had to save the world from tyranny.

that was hilarious

thanks for that!

A. Havnes
03-18-2010, 11:52 AM
Nah, I'd rather be invaded by Japan. Then I could get some awesome youtube footage of these things rolling down my street!

http://www.hellokittypink.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/hello-kitty-amoured-personnel-carrier.jpg

Gideon
03-18-2010, 12:30 PM
The Chinese will watch the U.S. fall the same way we watched the U.S.S.R. collapse - no shots fired.

this +

Read Sun Tzu's Art of War.

The first casualty of war is the truth.

Deception and subterfuge are military tactics.

China is already at war with the U.S. and winning.

It is called economic warfare.

ARealConservative
03-18-2010, 12:34 PM
this +

It is a disservice to call this war.

If you sell someone a bag of puke for $10, you arent at war with them.

And its not like they are forcing us to buy that bag of puke (unlike what Britain did to them in regards to opium)

AutonomousLiberty
03-18-2010, 01:09 PM
this +

In my opinion, a more accurate way to look at it is that the U.S. government is at war with the free market, and the Chinese government is taking advantage of the created opportunity.

RM918
03-18-2010, 01:46 PM
Mutually assured destruction. I guess even the Chinese have a bunch of warmongering idiots who think they need to fuck around with everyone just because they can, but the Chinese are smart enough not to put them in power.

Old Ducker
03-18-2010, 01:47 PM
Let's just sell em our stash. What would a fully-equipped Nimitz class carrier fetch?

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-18-2010, 03:41 PM
They will do whatever their concept of "face" requires, be it invade Taiwan or whatever.

Other cultures act in a way rational to them, which we may or may not think rational according to our cultural context.

China just claims to want to invade Taiwan.

Uncle Emanuel Watkins
03-18-2010, 03:46 PM
Mutually assured destruction. I guess even the Chinese have a bunch of warmongering idiots who think they need to fuck around with everyone just because they can, but the Chinese are smart enough not to put them in power.

Why are "a bunch of warmongering idiots who think they need to fuck around with everyone just because they can" always somebody else? Even Adolph Hitler the tyrant wrote a book about his struggle against tyranny. I think the title of the book was "My Struggle" or something along that lines.

Pericles
03-18-2010, 03:52 PM
China just claims to want to invade Taiwan.

And keep "peace" in Tibet and Nepal, and there is that ongoing dispute with exactly what should be the border between Mongolia and Siberia. Then there is some unrest in western China, which is important to them because of the pipeline deal with Iran to run oil via a few of the crapistans, so they can't be blockaded by the US Navy.

This indicates that they might be annoyed at anyone that would try to divert Iranian oil from China in the future .......

Then there is the issue of who is drilling in the South China Sea ....

Get the picture?

.Tom
03-18-2010, 03:52 PM

Which is why we would be better off (and a hell of a lot more free) without a military, contrary to the neocon war machine propaganda.

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-18-2010, 05:16 PM
China has nothing to gain from attacking the U.S , this is just fantasy. It would be a suicide mission for them anyway.

Pericles
03-18-2010, 06:32 PM
China has nothing to gain from attacking the U.S , this is just fantasy. It would be a suicide mission for them anyway.

The point is to make the US lose "face" - this is a victory from the perspective of the PRC.

BuddyRey
03-20-2010, 08:12 PM
which is why we would be better off (and a hell of a lot more free) without a military, contrary to the neocon war machine propaganda.

qft!

wildfirepower
03-22-2010, 09:02 AM
I can see clouds of World War III gathering.