PDA

View Full Version : Questions for those supporting the war in Afghanistan...

jmdrake
03-15-2010, 04:06 PM
There was a discussion here about this, but it got moved to HT. I think this discussion is important as this is a sticking point for (some) who might otherwise support our cause. A few parameters to (hopefully) avoid HT banishment.

1) Let's assume for the sake of discussion that 9/11 happened just like the official story said it did.

2) Please avoid name calling.

3) No simple appeals to WWRPD. We all know what his position is. That's not the point. We also all know that RP initially voted for the authorization of force for Afganistan, although he later said he thought that authorization had bee abused.

Now here are my questions. Everybody I've seen here on both sides are are against "nation building". So how is what we are doing now different from nation building? Also with only 100 Al Qaeda now estimated in Afghanistan, and the vast majority of Al Qaeda now in Pakistan, why do we still need to be in Afghanistan? At what point would you consider the war in Afghanistan "finished"?

Again, let's keep this civil. Please no flame wars. I'm really looking for discussion points.

AmericaFyeah92
03-15-2010, 07:56 PM
^You should take this to Redstate or something, cuz I don't think there's much debate here....