PDA

View Full Version : I just got a call from the NRA

LibertyEagle
10-08-2007, 06:44 PM
They were inquiring about membership. I told them that we were very upset with them. He was like, oh why? I said because of their treatment of Congressman Ron Paul and also because of their recent support of legislation to disarm our Veterans.

I also told him that if we were to consider anyone, it would be Gun Owners of America.

Poor guy. He sounded so dejected. :p

voortrekker
10-08-2007, 06:58 PM
They were inquiring about membership. I told them that we were very upset with them. He was like, oh why? I said because of their treatment of Congressman Ron Paul and also because of their recent support of legislation to disarm our Veterans.

I also told him that if we were to consider anyone, it would be Gun Owners of America.

Poor guy. He sounded so dejected. :p

Good for your Liberty Eagle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I wish those NRA sellouts would call me. You were polite.

Gun Owners of America(gunowners.org)the ONLY non-compromising defender of the 2nd Amendment organization!

Well, maybe we should add Jews for the Preservation of Firearms Ownership(jpof.org).

I'm not Jewish by the way, but this organization doesn't compromise either.

I'm thinking of becoming a member.

derdy
10-08-2007, 07:10 PM
We got into it with an NRA Rep in St. Louis during a straw poll event. Wish I never signed up for a membership

Wendi
10-09-2007, 10:32 AM
I am a direct descendant of one of the original founders of the NRA. My grandparents were members, my parents are members, I was given a membership as a child.

In April, I cut my membership card up in tiny pieces and mailed it back to them, with a letter explaining why I no longer have any desire to be associated with their organization.

Kregener
10-09-2007, 10:37 AM
The "guy" was just a hired telemarketer.

I worked for a large collection agency/telemarketer back in the 90's and we landed an NRA gig.

hard@work
10-09-2007, 11:41 AM
I am a direct descendant of one of the original founders of the NRA. My grandparents were members, my parents are members, I was given a membership as a child.

In April, I cut my membership card up in tiny pieces and mailed it back to them, with a letter explaining why I no longer have any desire to be associated with their organization.

After this and the arts and crafts video I have decided you are comprised of sheer awesome and win.

Hook
10-09-2007, 01:25 PM
We got into it with an NRA Rep in St. Louis during a straw poll event. Wish I never signed up for a membership

I thought gym guys didn't need guns. :D

Richard in Austin
10-09-2007, 02:57 PM
I thought gym guys didn't need guns. :D

As a 'gym guy' and certified Firearms Instructor, I am uniquely qualified to inform you that bullets are still faster that fists or feet.

I'm also fed up with the NRA, I am a Life Member and I feel sold out. I'm convinced the NRA is compromised. I also don't feel like the Board of Directors feels any responsibility to the members.

If you're a voting member, please download the petition to recall Joaquin Jackson from my blog and send it in, thanks.