PDA

View Full Version : Free State Project nets 10,000 Participants

FSP-Rebel
03-14-2010, 09:33 PM
Ding, Ding, Ding. We're moving down hill as we speak.

It's official, the FSP has reached its halfway mark. The goal of the original project is still to get 20k participants but the project was casually revised a while ago. The new concept was that we only need around 2000 movers/political activists to make the changes we need to have our libertarianism take official hold here and that 20k would be overkill, tho that is in line with what we all originally signed up for. So, early movers are going to be the key to earlier victories here and we already have a legislature that is going our way, with over 20% of it as libertarian-republicans. The Founding Fathers had an uphill battle gaining popularity across the colonies and they pledged their lives, fortunes and sacred honor. All we have to do is vote with our feet, get busy and the honor will be all ours.

Most of us are confident that Ron Paul or someone similar will run in the primaries going into 2012. NH is a crucial state for that battle and one that showed almost the highest totals for someone like that back in '08 (primary). Being an on the ground resident here would be priceless in that foray. Activists that move here, equate to many votes times the person cause of their efforts. Volunteers from out of state help, but those w/i help the most. I know many have things tying them down where they are, but if you are someone that is more flexible, join us here for the movement of a lifetime. Winning straw polls at CPAC, RSLC and IA Straw Poll are very important, but so is winning NH and the debates that will be held here. Momentum goes a long way especially against the establishment figures. So, I implore u to sign up for the FSP and move here for the persuasion battle of our lives come primary season 2011, this will determine what direction the country goes.

The FSP boasts of many early mover results, that many of which will be relayed in subsequent posts. 2012 is the prize for everyone, let's get organized sooner rather than later. Live Free or Die.

TrayC
03-14-2010, 09:36 PM
people who oppose democracy, use the democratic process to achieve their goals, clever!

FSP-Rebel
03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
We have a brilliant voluntaryist crowd also. How's your state doing in that regard? Maybe a visit here would give you some perspective of how things go.

low preference guy
03-14-2010, 09:42 PM
people who oppose democracy, use the democratic process to achieve their goals, clever!

As far as I know, the FSP as a group doesn't oppose democracy. They call for a basic agreement that government should be limited, but doesn't say anything at all about the methods to achieve that. What's your source?

tremendoustie
03-14-2010, 09:47 PM
As far as I know, the FSP as a group doesn't oppose democracy. They call for a basic agreement that government should be limited, but doesn't say anything at all about the methods to achieve that. What's your source?

Participants in the FSP may support democracy, or oppose it. The only requirement is that they not be violent, or racist, and they aggree to "exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

BuddyRey
03-15-2010, 12:07 AM
<---Proud signer of the FSP Statement of Intent!

Way to go, Free Staters! Hope to join you soon!

Imperial
03-15-2010, 01:30 AM
Did ya'll see a big uptick in pledgers with Ron Paul's campaign?

TrayC
03-15-2010, 01:33 AM

I will honestly admit I have no direct source from any leadership or their policies that FSP is opposed to democracy, I just was brainwashed to believe that libertarians as a stereotype are opposed to majority rule (even though for the most part I know they'd be for it if it was good for them).

TrayC
03-15-2010, 01:35 AM
Participants in the FSP may support democracy, or oppose it. The only requirement is that they not be violent, or racist, and they aggree to "exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

how can you support democracy if you believe in liberty?

and do they agree amongst themselves what's legitimate property to protect?

Agorism
03-15-2010, 02:27 AM
Yes, as long as there is Democracy, you can't actually own property...unless there are competing governments and you can start your government (government of one or your family or your group.)

Is this really that complicated?

Elwar
03-15-2010, 10:16 AM
Congrats FSP!!!

Half way there!

JamesButabi
03-15-2010, 10:26 AM
Im proud of you guys. Luckily im close enough that I can attend your yearly events and see the on the ground progress taking place. Its amazing what the 5-600 early movers have accomplished to this point whether it be political in the NH state house or awareness/civil disobedience with the volunatryist crowd. Looking forward to seeing that number continually grow for the better.

tremendoustie
03-15-2010, 10:35 AM
how can you support democracy if you believe in liberty?

I suppose some wish to achieve liberty by convincing the majority, and electing leaders who will respect liberty.

and do they agree amongst themselves what's legitimate property to protect?

I don't know, there's 10,000 people signed up and at least 800 already there. I'm sure some people disagree. If you have a specific example I can give you my perspective.

Basically, the FSP seems to be made up of a lot of the same kind of people as RPF: a range from paleo-conservative to ancap.

Badger Paul
03-15-2010, 10:55 AM
Congrats! It took a decade but it was worth it.

Bergie Bergeron
03-15-2010, 12:04 PM
Bravo !

Keith and stuff
03-16-2010, 01:45 PM
What, no one has posted the Ridley here yet? I'll take care of it :)

Great video, YouTube - 10,000 pledge "liberty migration" to NH (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaW07OXA6gI)

TCE
03-16-2010, 01:49 PM
It would be much better if we could have 2000 people there now instead of 20,000 there by 2020 from a federal standpoint. You guys could somewhat easily get liberty candidates in the Federal Congress now that Hodes is out, but because there are so few, NH will likely get another liberal or Neo-Con. I applaud the FSP for reaching 10,000, but I hope the second 10,000 will come much quicker.

FSP-Rebel
03-17-2010, 09:22 PM
NH has been electing very pro-liberty republicans in recent state rep special elections. And 2010 is looking like the GOP will take back the house and perhaps, the senate. Likely, we will also get a republican governor and the main candidate is sympathetic to MJ decrim. As more people continue to move and we get our state house in order, the FSP movement will be even more attractive than it already is.

Mandrik
03-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Woot for the FSP!

Keith and stuff
03-17-2010, 09:27 PM
Yeah, things aren't perfect in NH but they are going a lot better than in most states. The 2010 elections will be amazing. I have no idea about the US elections but those aren't very important. Clearly, the NH state elections are far more important and they are looking good. I plan on helping at least 25 state rep / state senate candidates this year.

Michigan11
03-17-2010, 10:36 PM
Good job you guys in NEW Hampshire.. It looks better each day, you guys are leading the ground in this revolution.

LittleLightShining
03-18-2010, 03:48 AM
Very excited for the Liberty Forum this weekend. I'll be there manning the the VT C4L booth on Saturday. Come say hello!

Mandrik
03-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Wish I could be there at the Liberty Forum! If you go be sure to visit Tarrin Lupo of the LCL Report. He will have my baklava there for sale! =D

Annihilia
03-18-2010, 06:49 PM
Work this weekend.. I'll try to make it out to Porcfest.

phill4paul
03-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Damnit! DO NOT force me to move to such a cold state. Arghh.......:D
Good job guys. Haven't commited yet but if this keeps up who knows.

Anti Federalist
03-18-2010, 08:19 PM

Ah, you can always put more clothes on. ;)

pacelli
03-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Awesome. You guys have 10,000 people living up there already! Nice work!!!!! I'm sure the other 10,000 will come once you take over all of your state house and senate seats. With 10,000, its a guarantee. How many FSP folks are mayors?

QueenB4Liberty
03-18-2010, 08:48 PM
Aww I wish I was going to the Liberty Forum!

FSP-Rebel
03-18-2010, 09:00 PM
We've had 60's all this week and spring hasn't even hit yet. The Forum is doing very well, so many new people here checking it out.

pacelli
03-18-2010, 09:01 PM
We've had 60's all this week and spring hasn't even hit yet. The Forum is doing very well, so many new people here checking it out.

That's awesome. The hummingbirds are on the move north! Confirmed sighting in SC just this week.